Dundee V Motherwell Sat 30 Jan 15:00

Yabba's Turd

You could take your pick of squad members who are out of contract in the Summer who haven't really been involved at either 1st team or u20s:

Out (from): Twardzik, Reid, Robinson, J. Leitch (maybe?), McFadden (contract expired, though it sounded like there was scope for an extension depending on his situation). Also I know he's back down south but has Jake Taylor's loan been officially cancelled? I don't recall any official word from either club unlike the Grimshaw deal. Maybe they're just trying to forget it ever happened.

In: Midfielder, Defender

You'd hope we'd try and get bodies in fairly early and give them time to work with the squad ahead of the Dundee game.

Another "must not lose" game which we will probably conspire to lose more by gifting the opposition soft goals rather than them being fantastic.

Everytime we play Dundee they are always just above us the league to the tune of 4 - 5 points which probably suggests they are a slightly slightly better team than us. They've also won games 4-0 and 4-2 which is something we can only dream of. They've also had a couple of really heavy defeats which we don't have to dream of....

I'd take a draw in this game right now. We absolutely have to start picking up points in games against our peers.

2-1 Dundee

Just watched Accies take a good point off Hearts. They battled away and looked like a team in a relegation battle.

If we're to take anything on Saturday we'll have to dig in a lot more than we have recently and wake up to the fact that we are in a dodgy position. If we lose and Accies and Killie draw we are all on 25.

Just watched Accies take a good point off Hearts. They battled away and looked like a team in a relegation battle.

If we're to take anything on Saturday we'll have to dig in a lot more than we have recently and wake up to the fact that we are in a dodgy position. If we lose and Accies and Killie draw we are all on 25.

Yet we beat Celtic 2-1 and Accies shipped 8 to them. And last time we played Dundee we beat them. Taking games in isolation really doesn't mean anything. Accies are still below us in the league, we still have two very winnable games in hand, and we're still only a couple of good results off the top 6.

I don't think anyone at the club is under any illusions regarding our league position, we're still far too close to 11th, but we're also an extremely long way from being cut adrift, and the majority of our recent performances have been better, we're just lacking in a couple of main areas.

Plenty of cause for optimism yet.

• Like 1

Hopefully Hammell and Law make it I think we need them to get a good result in this one.

I think one of the big talking points should be whether we drop Hall or not. Personally I would put Kennedy back to centre back because we are losing too many goals again.

I'd start the same midfield and forward two as Saturday unless McGhee manages to sign someone worth putting in.

That's the difference between Accies (and Thistle) and us. They are capable of digging in and getting draws.

We are absolutely in the shite.

Just like Accies dug in for a draw at Parkhead, and we played them off the park for a win?

Just like we weren't going to win the league because we went on an unbeaten run, it doesn't mean we are going to be relegated because we lost two on the trot.

Would you swap Accies team and manager for ours until the end of the season right now? I know I wouldn't.

Cant see anything but a defeat im afraid. 3-1 Dundee simply because like Ross County they're better than us unfortunately.

I don't think Ross County are better than us. Looking at the 2 squads I'd say we are the more talented and therefore potentially better. However they are perhaps better organised and more solid. At the moment they are making more of what they've got, but I'm confident that will change as Mark McGhee learns more about his players and implements his changes.

I think one of the big talking points should be whether we drop Hall or not.

Interesting. I don't think he's played that badly. I would have thought that there are areas of more concern than central defence. McManus and his partner are constantly left exposed by the central midfield and the 2 full backs failing to cut out unnecessary crosses. Sort out those 2 areas of concern and our goals against tally will plummet. Certainly at Tynecastle McManus and Hall received no protection at all. Personally I'd try to keep the defence together just now given injuries and departures.

I would consider putting either Kennedy or Laing in for Ben Hall, I think he will come good but don't think he has played well for last few games

I think the defensive pairing of McManus and Hall is the strongest we have had in a number of seasons. As others have said the problem is lack of protection in front of them and the fullback areas.