Dundee V Motherwell Sat 30 Jan 15:00

Yabba's Turd

What does it mean that he "couldn't wait to give it"?

Not entirely sure but the officiating yesterday was shocking was start to finish and we got nothing all day. A minor point perhaps in the great scheme of things yesterday but indicative of the officiating - Dundee won a throw in, in their own half, just where the linesman was standing. He had a great uninterrupted view of where the ball crossed the line. The Dundee player took the throw in 10 metres up the pitch in our half. The linesman stood like a dummy and did nothing. Its high time this form of cheating was stamped out, although I know most teams are guilty of it to some extent. In such situations the ref should indicate a foul and award the throw in 10 metres nearer the perpetrator's goal.

Hard to tell from the replays, but if Cadden booted his foot and not the ball then it's a foul. Simple.

I tend to agree with this. Obviously no intention from Cadden but if he catches his foot instead of the ball when trying to clear the ball then I don't know if we have much to complain about.

January has been a really bad month for us and Tuesday is now (not that is wasn't already) absolutely "must not lose". Next 3 league games are absolutely massive.

Accies may well be rotten but are now 2 points ahead of us! I have the fear it's between us and Killie for the play off spot.

They have also played 2 more games thanus. People need to calm down a bit. There are 6 points between 6 teams right now with some teams with games in hand and others with none. Very few teams have shown any kind of consistency.

We could be in a better position but I don't think we need to be worried about being isolated at this stage.

• Like 3

They have also played 2 more games thanus. People need to calm down a bit. There are 6 points between 6 teams right now with some teams with games in hand and others with none. Very few teams have shown any kind of consistency.

We could be in a better position but I don't think we need to be worried about being isolated at this stage.

Pretty much agree with this. I'm hopeful we'll bring in a player or two tomorrow to stiffen our midfield although others will be doing the same. No doubt Ripley, Hall and McManus will be thinking the same. We've had a tough run of fixtures lately and a fair chunk of bad luck. We're still very much part of the pack but we will need to pick up points, referees permitting that is.

I think we will be fine this season we have had no luck recently and with a couple of new players added we will get a boost and get a run going.

Few positives is Cadden has really impressed would love him to get a run in the side and Pearo looked immense yesterday so hopefully he continues this form as when he plays well I feel the whole team benefits.

The penalty is an absolute disgrace I don't usually get annoyed about refs as iv done it myself but that is the softest Pen I have ever saw, what makes it worse is the position he was in and had a clear view.

Anyway I'm confident our luck will change and we will March up table and maybe even a wee cup final is on the cards

If Cadden connects with the Dundee players foot as they both swing for the ball it could just as easily have been given the other way. Two players swing a foot at the ball and make contact with each others foot how exactly the ref worked out who infringed who I can't tell, certainly didn't look like the Dundee player got the ball and then got clipped. It a nonsense that whistle blew for anything there.

January has been a really bad month for us and Tuesday is now (not that is wasn't already) absolutely "must not lose". Next 3 league games are absolutely massive.

Accies may well be rotten but are now 2 points ahead of us! I have the fear it's between us and Killie for the play off spot.

Do you ever get any pleasure from the football?

• Like 3

The league is incredibly tight. Ross County are only seven points ahead of us in 4th and we have a game in hand. Was there not times last season that they were the same distance ahead of us and were only one/two places above us in the league.

For this reason I don't think any team from 4th to 11th can relax. Any of these teams going on a bad run could find themselves in 11th and likewise a good run could see a team rocket up to 4th. For us I think that it is so important that we bring in the right players in the next week. Get it right and we will be fine, get it wrong and it could be another play-off. The possibility of Davis going to Killie makes the situation all the more critical.

Regarding the penalty, if the Dundee player has made any contact with the ball and Cadden has not, the ref will be able to justify his decision. Would be very harsh all the same. Maybe slightly naive from Cadden in what otherwise was a really good performance.

Penalty decision looks worse in the highlights than it did at the time! And as others have said, ref couldn't wait to give it! 2 games this month now victories have been snatched away by shocking last minute penalty shouts against us. It's not good enough from the officials point of view and it could be really costly for us.

Jesus wept, we're also 2 wins away from being top 6 and 15 games left. This is such a repeat of last season when you had us relegated in December.

need to wrap the defensive (pish) approach in second half at 2-1 up we still have to chase the third certain players performances off the ball were horrendous yesterday (skippy. Law. Marv and id even say moult and lasley) all were not good enough in the second half id have pulled skippy off after the first half hour of the first half personally

the penalty was never a penalty but we didn't deserve to win based on the performance in the second half were far too content to let dundee have the ball in the second half not good enough yesteday

but to be positive we were great in the first half if we do that for 90 minutes on tuesday should win comfortably

• Like 1

need to wrap the defensive (pish) approach in second half at 2-1 up we still have to chase the third certain players performances off the ball were horrendous yesterday (skippy. Law. Marv and id even say moult and lasley) all were not good enough in the second half ....the penalty was never a penalty but we didn't deserve to win based on the performance in the second half were far too content to let dundee have the ball in the second half not good enough yesteday

Agree 100% Add to that list Hammell (I'm not singling him out BTW) and Law. All too often when Dundee had the ball they were afforded acres of space to do as they wanted. By way of comparison when our lads received the ball they were immediately closed down. This is what is costing us big time. Maybe some players think they only need to work when we have possession? The gaps we left down the flanks was very worrying yesterday. Maybe its lack of confidence, maybe lack of positional awareness, maybe laziness, or a combination I don't know, but we need to get it sorted. That said, our off the ball work has improved under MMcG, although there's along way to go yet.

• Like 1

Agree 100% Add to that list Hammell (I'm not singling him out BTW) and Law. All too often when Dundee had the ball they were afforded acres of space to do as they wanted. By way of comparison when our lads received the ball they were immediately closed down. This is what is costing us big time. Maybe some players think they only need to work when we have possession? The gaps we left down the flanks was very worrying yesterday. Maybe its lack of confidence, maybe lack of positional awareness, maybe laziness, or a combination I don't know, but we need to get it sorted. That said, our off the ball work has improved under MMcG, although there's along way to go yet.

has to be the worst law has been since baracloough left id actually drop lasley and moult for tuesdays game tbh

also i would call it laziness i can cope with a lack of ability or positional awareness but they know how to close down we've seen it they know how to win games (think back to Celtic Park) but if losing grimshaw has had the effect its had on our ability to close down and be competitive in the midfield serious questions have to be raised over the current playing squad

has to be the worst law has been since baracloough left id actually drop lasley and moult for tuesdays game tbh

I wouldn't be too hard on Moult. In the second half he received dismal service. Lasley I'm not sure about. At the moment, Cadden and Pearson are both box to box attacking midfielders. Right now we need to be looking at a replacement for Las but who else have we got unless unless we pitch in Louis Laing. A lot will depend on who we sign tomorrow, if anyone. Cadden looks to be staking a claim but Pearo already plays in that role. Our midfield is a bit mixed up just now and it shows.

I don't think Cadden made contact with the ball or the player. The Dundee player has nipped the ball then gone down like he's been snipered, every bit a dive as the Hibs player in the league cup semi yesterday.

Just watched the highlights, as others have said , penalty is a ridiculous decision.Players will keep chucking themselves in the box , as long as there are refs gullible enough to buy it.Even if Cadden did touch the player , which I doubt, it wasn't a foul , he has eyes on the ball and has back to the Dundee player.The Dundee player has thrown himself down , it's the last 2 mins of the game , thinking you never know.......