Dundee V Motherwell Sat 30 Jan 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Are the full backs not supposed to be covering the posts?

Not the way we setup on Saturday.

Johnson was on the front post and Lasley on the back.

To be fair to Cadden, he is marking their number 2 who starts a front post run and stops, with Jackson making a deep run at the back from well outside the 18 yard box. Cadden goes with the number 2 then notices Irvine, changes his mind too late to go back and try and mark Irvine and is left in no man's land. Also, have a look at Pearson just before the corner. He is standing near Cadden and the group of players but has no one to mark, looks over his left shoulder towards the area Irvine appears while taking up a spot on the 6th yard box marking no one.

So, I think it's a bit simplistic to say Cadden lost his man in Irvine. If he hadn't attempted to go back know we would probably be just saying someone was meant to be watching that run. He was the closest player I the end but also was marking someone else. Pearson, or Lasley at the back post, should have been quicker off the mark perhaps also to shut down that space. Lasley does make an attempt to be fair.

I would consider putting either Kennedy or Laing in for Ben Hall, I think he will come good but don't think he has played well for last few games

Not for me McManus and Hall have looked solid in recent games all our problems stem from midfield and a lack of decent cover for Hammell and Law. So far we have tried Kennedy, and Chalmers but both of them were brutal they were all over the place so let's hope our 1st choice fullbacks ie Hammell and law are fit for Dens park.

...the difference between Accies (and Thistle) and us. They are capable of digging in and getting draws.

It’s a trait that you need when you are battling to stay out of the dreaded play off spot. If we don’t want a repeat of last season, we will need to start learning quickly.

It’s a trait that you need when you are battling to stay out of the dreaded play off spot. If we don’t want a repeat of last season, we will need to start learning quickly.

I prefer the "play better and win more games" approach myself, but if anyone prefers the "lose 8 - 1 before getting a nil-nil draw" approach, more power to them.

• Like 2

I prefer the "play better and win more games" approach myself, but if anyone prefers the "lose 8 - 1 before getting a nil-nil draw" approach, more power to them.

Over the week they took two points and 7 off their goal difference. Over the week we took zero points and 7 off our goal difference.

It's not time to panic yet but the next three games are massive.

Why was Jackson Irvine originally supposed to be on the bench on Saturday? Ran the midfield again, would love to see us sign him if he's not first choice.

His hair though, thoroughly unacceptable

He started on the bench the previous week against Aberdeen too.

The hair though?! Jesus wept. I didn't actually realise he had it braided until I saw the highlights. The absolute state.

Interesting. I don't think he's played that badly. I would have thought that there are areas of more concern than central defence. McManus and his partner are constantly left exposed by the central midfield and the 2 full backs failing to cut out unnecessary crosses. Sort out those 2 areas of concern and our goals against tally will plummet. Certainly at Tynecastle McManus and Hall received no protection at all. Personally I'd try to keep the defence together just now given injuries and departures.

I agree with what your saying but how many crosses did Johnson put in on Saturday that Ross County's back two managed to deal with. I just feel Hall has made a few mistakes recently and Kennedy got dropped after a few mistakes so it's only fair to drop him as well in my opinion of course

I agree with what your saying but how many crosses did Johnson put in on Saturday that Ross County's back two managed to deal with. I just feel Hall has made a few mistakes recently and Kennedy got dropped after a few mistakes so it's only fair to drop him as well in my opinion of course

Kennedy didnt get dropped for a few mistakes

Kennedy didnt get dropped for a few mistakes

I'm assuming your referring to McGhee's interview about his application in training? The way I took it his application wasn't great because he got dropped may well be wrong though.

I'm assuming your referring to McGhee's interview about his application in training? The way I took it his application wasn't great because he got dropped may well be wrong though.

even if that is the case he's a professional and should act like one long gone are the school boy days of no getting picked so I'm taking the ball and going home

doubt that is the case though