Dundee V Motherwell Sat 30 Jan 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Wouldn't change much but bring Law back in as he is fit.

Ripley

Law Hall McManus Hammell

Cadden Las Pearson Johnson

Moult Skippy

I think we lacked a bit of confidence last week due to the Tynecastle drubbing but also because of the different feel to the team without Law and Grimshaw. We were not far-away though.

Hope to see Cadden more influential this week. He did well and grew into the game but I would like to see that continue from the off and more to come down the right hand side this week. I think Law will help in that regard.

Think it will be tight and hope we edge it.

• Like 1

That is the team I'd pick in an ideal world. However I think it may need to stay on the back burner until Tuesday as with the rain today and maybe snow tomorrow on their pitch I suspect we'll not be having much Motherwell action this weekend.

Wouldn't change much but bring Law back in as he is fit.

Ripley

Law Hall McManus Hammell

Cadden Las Pearson Johnson

Moult Skippy

I think we lacked a bit of confidence last week due to the Tynecastle drubbing but also because of the different feel to the team without Law and Grimshaw. We were not far-away though.

Hope to see Cadden more influential this week. He did well and grew into the game but I would like to see that continue from the off and more to come down the right hand side this week. I think Law will help in that regard.

A reasonable team line up and probably my choice - maybe only other option is Laing coming in to replace Cadden, and that could be a double edged sword. Yes, we did lack confidence last week just look at the first goal - we were like a tortoise in its shell. The players also need to work a bit harder but I think that is gradually coming. I like Pearo and Cadden looked very promising but the problem is that they seem to be very alike in that they're both box to box players. We still lack a defensive central midfield player and Pearo looks most uncomfortable in what is an absolutely critical role. If Mark McGhee can solve that problem short term we're in with a shout if he can't then we'll struggle.

How would you play it? Johnson right, Pearo left?

Not keen on Johnson on the right, he just doesn't come inside his man enough

McGhee likes a one winger approach

So, Laing in front of the centre halfs , Johnson wide left, Pearo and Las in the middle

Moult up front , skippy beside him but dropping into midfield ?

That's the main reason I don't like left footers playing on the right (or vice versa). Any half decent defender will keep them on the outside and make them less effective.

• Like 1

McGhee likes a one winger approach

So, Laing in front of the centre halfs , Johnson wide left, Pearo and Las in the middle

Moult up front , skippy beside him but dropping into midfield ?

Could work - Moult or Skippy would have a very important job to do dropping back and the last thing I would want really is it to become a 4-5-1.

Could be a decent option though.

3 points today would be great with Partick vs United and Killie vs Accies.

I like Dundee's forward line with Stewart and Hemmings and Loy from the bench but don't think they are up to much defensively. I fancy goals in this one and will go for a 2-2!

Moult and Johnson for us, Hemmings and Harkins (who always seems to play a blinder against us) for them.