Motherwell V Kilmarnock Sat 13 Feb 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Is this a "must win" as some have said? Surely not, given the number of games we have left in the season. It is much more a "should win" as we are at home and above them in the table. Our slump has to end sometime though, and this would be a good place to start. A win here and a point at Tannadice will be a very decent return on our next two matches, and should be achieve able. No point giving the opposition any advantage by heaping pressure on our boys by all the "must win" talk though. We have had enough of these games towards the end of last season and, apart from the play offs, I'm struggling to think of any that we did win, so perhaps the extra pressure isn't helping?

i don't see this is a must win game but there's going to be games between now and the end of the season that fall into the mustn't lose category and this is one of them.

I would agree if it weren't for the fact that mustn't lose seems, to me, to suggest an almost negative approach. Our record for holding on to what we've got is not our strong point at the moment.

Id be tempted to rest Lasley on Saturday then use him for the midweek game against Dundee utd as Pearson is suspended for that one. I think Pearson and Gomis at fir park on Saturday can work as part of quite an attacking team then at Dundee when we might play the counter attacking game it will be better using Lasley and Gomis is the pairing for that one.

• Like 1

If Hall injured get Kennedy to right back and Laing in centre defence. Gomis and pearo in middle with Marv and Cadden wide with Skippy and Louis up front. If Marv doesn't perform then I would drop him to give him kick up the backside. Las can't play every game and should be rested

I assume you'd drop Law to play Kennedy at right back. For all the criticism he gets, I think Law has been one of our steady performs and I'd be surprised and disappointed if he gets dropped for Kennedy at right back.

• Like 1

I think this is must not lose, if we lose this the pressure is going to mount big time.

I would drop Johnstone for Ainsworth due to recent form, difficult one in midfield but I think we need to give Lasley a rest. Gomis was far away the best player on the park on Saturday, although Pearson wasn't great I think Lasley and Gomis are too similar we need Pearson's legs in there.

Ripley

Law Kennedy McManus Hammell

Ainsworth Pearson Gomis Cadden

McDonald Moult

"I assume you'd drop Law to play Kennedy at right back. For all the criticism he gets, I think Law has been one of our steady performs and I'd be surprised and disappointed if he gets dropped for Kennedy at right back."

Yes I would drop Law as I don't think he has been good recently and too much pressure from the stands as every mistake he makes is getting slaughtered. That of course is just my opinion. I wish we would sign an actual right-back, over the years we just seem to have guys playing there that weren't natural right-backs, ie: Hateley, Quinn. Bring back Kaiser!!

• Like 1

I'd be tempted to drop Law but the only other realistic alternative to him is Luke Watt, who for some reason hasn't seen first team action under MMcG. Kennedy is a makeshift right back at best. Right back is a problem in my view. Again the question of midfield balance comes up. If you swap Ainsworth for Johnson where does that Cadden who is right sided and favours playing wide? Decisions decisions!

I know this question has been asked on here countless times, but I can't remember the answer.

What's the latest time I'll be able to gain entry to Fir Park on Saturday? I've got something on early afternoon but might be able to make the 2nd half. Will there still be a turnstile open? I've got a season ticket so won't be paying cash.

I know this question has been asked on here countless times, but I can't remember the answer.

What's the latest time I'll be able to gain entry to Fir Park on Saturday? I've got something on early afternoon but might be able to make the 2nd half. Will there still be a turnstile open? I've got a season ticket so won't be paying cash.

I'm sure there's a gate at the East that stays open until HT or so.

No excuses. No pissing about with formations. Play to our strengths not to nullify theirs. It wouldn't kill our season but in my mind anything less than three points is unacceptable.

The problem is that we don't seem to be able to find the correct system to get the best out our players.

Marvin and Ainsworth can both be match winners, but it's difficult to accommodate both due to their poor work rate and attacking instinct.

If you play one of them, we're unbalanced playing with 1 winger leaving a full back (normally Josh law) exposed.

We could accommodate them both by playing 5 in midfield, but that means losing the quality and experience of Mcdonald or leaving out our top scorer in Moult.

We also seem to end up with the forward looking isolated whenever we go 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1.

To get the best out the team, McGhee might need to make some difficult decisions, possibly dropping Lasley or Mcdonald to find a way of getting the most effective 11 players on the park.

To get the best out the team, McGhee might need to make some difficult decisions, possibly dropping Lasley or Mcdonald to find a way of getting the most effective 11 players on the park.

There's not been a lot wrong with MacDonald's performances when he's played in the correct position ( as one half of a twin attack) and given the right service ie not balls 8 feet in the air. To see Moult and Macdonald at their best we'll need to see a supportive and creative midfield. I'm confident that if they're given the right ammunition they'll do the business.

There's not been a lot wrong with MacDonald's performances when he's played in the correct position ( as one half of a twin attack) and given the right service ie not balls 8 feet in the air. To see Moult and Macdonald at their best we'll need to see a supportive and creative midfield. I'm confident that if they're given the right ammunition they'll do the business.

Didn't mean to single out Mcdonald, as you say with the right service and in the right position he's an asset. Just his experience and extra bit of quality brings something to the team.

But to accommodate 2 forwards, we need to play an unbalanced midfield.

Unless we go.

Cadden Lasley Gomis Pearson

Maybe?