Motherwell V Kilmarnock Sat 13 Feb 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Let me be the voice of optimism,

I think we have been played fairly well in most recent games, I've felt if we can get a couple of goals early in a game we could give some team a doing, also Killie's confidence will be even worse than ours and will probably crumble if they concede a couple of quick goals.

We are due a large doze of luck, with last minute goals against or poor refereeing decision even just a rebound falling to one of our players feet.

So I think we will see 4 or 5 goals in this game today, so 4-1 to the good guys.

Ripley

Law Kennedy McMannus Hammell

Johnson Lasley Gomis Pearson

McDonald Moult

The above is how I'd go. If we're going one up front it's got to be Moult rather than skippy in my opinion. 3-1 Motherwell

This is the team I would play as well, although possibly given Ainsworth a start on the right rather than Johnson.

You don't hear many managers criticising individual players either...

Since the turn of he year McGhee's decisions and team selections in particular,:substitutions have cost us a barrow load of points........Accies : Robinson on as a sub,Hertz we have to match their physical presence : Starts Lionel and Marvin and moving the defence upside down:Thistle playing for a draw then brings on Lionel with minutes to go :then blames him for losing a point .....Then the cup game :skipy up front alone........playing for a draw at home in the cup ??? Then criticising our top scorer

Other than the Dundee game ,I've had the misfortune to be at all those matches,and if "yer maw had bawz "we would have been sitting pretty and possibly looking at a top six place.....but we have continually lost points down to his poor subs/tactics

I was pleased when he was appointed......he deserves the praise he initially got and should accpet the flack he is gettin just now........agree it's a fine line , but I don't get this anti McGhee agenda which if any is IMHO all in his his own making

Was also at all of those games and fully agree with all of this, particularly the team selections in the Hearts and ICT games and the criticism of players in public. Suppose you could put both the Thistle and Hamilton games down the bad luck but the late subs he made certainly didn't help! Heres hoping for an improvement in team selection and result today!

Like didn't realise that Higgy was suspended for them. That's a nice we bonus I think

I'll miss the pantomime his presence usually brings. He has occasionally been the spark that is sometimes needed to bring a crowd/game to life.

And if it increases the chances of that Obedayi guy getting a game to me it's questionable whether it's such a good thing.

I'll miss the pantomime his presence usually brings. He has occasionally been the spark that is sometimes needed to bring a crowd/game to life.

Yes, he'll be missed. The game badly needs huge characters like him to create a bit of atmosphere. In a playing sense it'll be neither here nor there.

I'd have the same team as last week apart from bringing back Moult and leaving Lasley on the bench.

The Hearts game has been called off and it's been snowing heavily here in Glasgow. What's the weather like in Motherwell? I think it's safe to assume it'll be a heavy pitch.