Motherwell V Kilmarnock Sat 13 Feb 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Johnston is utter cack an utter imposter. Motherwell fans always seem mesmerised by pace. He offers fpuck all from heart to performance.

"He put in a couple of decent balls" yeah and the majority were utter shite.

"He got two players booked" Id much rather he did something i couldnt do

Johnston has pace and decent feet but I think you get very little end product out of him.

He's got 2 goals in 35 league appearances, you need more than a goal every 18 games out of a forward player like that.

His assist rate isn't good enough either, he has 3 assists this season from 20 starts, while Ainsworth has 7 assists from 12 starts. McDonald also has 7, Moult and Pearson 4. So he's our poorest performer out of all the forward going players by some distance yet seems to start week in, week out.

I think he really needs to up his game when it comes to the final third.

I would be inclined towards a midfield four of Pearson, Lasley, Gomis and Cadden at the moment.

• Like 1

That's crass Mr W, even in the uber fan debate we get on here. Just over 3,700 there today, so, there are plenty voting with their feet. When the product on the park doesn't befit the support given off it (that's before our current incumbent's divisive antics) - it's easy to drift away.

Just over 3300 Motherwell fans today, which is pretty much at the lower end of the scale of where we've been for the last few years.

If there are people 'drifting away' simply because we're not winning all the time or playing very well, I'd suggest it says a lot more about the people in question than anything to do with Motherwell FC, or any of its employees.

Not quite fitting of a supporter, 'uber fan' or not.

Amazing what losing one player can do to a team, we look a fragile side absolutely shiting it to make a mistake.

I think we are missing Hall, Kennedy and McManus haven't worked as a partnership. IMO Kennedy charges our of position to often exposing gaps that McManus struggles to cover, also their distribution is awful for professional footballers that are training everyday.

Just over 3300 Motherwell fans today, which is pretty much at the lower end of the scale of where we've been for the last few years.

If there are people 'drifting away' simply because we're not winning all the time or playing very well, I'd suggest it says a lot more about the people in question than anything to do with Motherwell FC, or any of its employees.

Not quite fitting of a supporter, 'uber fan' or not.

I disagree totally. i have seen some horror shows from motherwell teams over the years and always come back because the players tried even though they were poor players but they gave 100% which is all i and most fans can ask of them.

That team out on the park can do a lot better than it has been.

mcmanus - former celtic and scotland player, masses of experience yet is consistantly out of his depth in a shite league.......why?

Johnson - we all know and have seen what he can do yet he looks as if he would rather be anywhere but on the park when things arent going right.

ainsworth - as with johnson but i have to say he hit a new low today, WTF!!!!.

Pearson - as I said earlier he looked like he had nipped out to the shops, took a wrong turn and found himself on a football pitch for the first time, totally LOST, he is a player like mcmanus with international and champions league experience!!!!!!

Hammel - i always defend him but today he had a shocker and looks a tad overweight if im honest.

Law - I will lay off him as he is simply not very good at football but he does try.

Kennedy - as with law i will lay off him, he makes mistakes but he tries and is young.

Gomis - our stand out last week but totally rotten this week, i know for a fact it wasnt his first time ever seeing a football today as i obserbed him last week, had a shocker.

cadden - headless chicken but gave it his all.

mcdonald and ripley are the only ones who got pass marks, if it wasnt for the keeper then we would have been hammered and mcdonald is playing as a lone striker with no support getting the ball humped up to him.

Im done for the season, ive given the club hundreds of pounds this season and i no longer WANT to contribute to players wages when the majority of them look and act like they dont give shit. if they dont care then why should we the supports care about them.

Lasley has missed 7 matches this season and we have lost 6 of them and the one we did win, we stole the points (1-0 away to Kilmarnock).

Must be a coincidence that out of those 7, the 3 worst results of the season - defeat away to Morton, 0-6 v Hearts and then today, are included.

is that not more down to the fact that when Lasley is missing we change formation or play Ainsworth and shift the lad playing wide inside unbalamcing the whole midfield?

Johnston is utter cack an utter imposter. Motherwell fans always seem mesmerised by pace. He offers fpuck all from heart to performance.

Bit harsh I think. I'd argue that Johnson has probably been the most improved player since McGhee came in (although I get that's not saying much). His workrate and willingness to track back are much better than they were at the start of the season. He put in some good balls yesterday, just no takers as McDonald and Moult were having to drop so deep to try and start attacks.

He definitely needs work on his decision making and final ball, but he's one of the few that I'd be confident of creating something at the moment.

Bit harsh I think. I'd argue that Johnson has probably been the most improved player since McGhee came in (although I get that's not saying much). His workrate and willingness to track back are much better than they were at the start of the season. He put in some good balls yesterday, just no takers as McDonald and Moult were having to drop so deep to try and start attacks.

He definitely needs work on his decision making and final ball, but he's one of the few that I'd be confident of creating something at the moment.

I'd add to that the shocking service he is receiving. He's a player who likes to run at a defence so give him decent balls in front of him that he can run onto. Countless times yesterday he was given the ball while being tightly marked by two defenders. Irritatingly he was also given far too many passes a yard or so behind him. If we can sort that out he'll shine.

Big concern for me yesterday was the number of unforced errors. Players seemingly incapable of finding a simple pass. Our set pieces were also truly pathetic. If you cant do the basics you give yourself no platform to play, regardless of tactics or how big a dick you think the manager is.

Just watched the goals. Hammell should not be letting that boy have any space at the back post for the first. Poor stuff. Kennedy well out of position trying to make a tackle up near the half way line for the second and the Killie player just wandered through the gap. Murder. Both very avoidable.

• Like 1

So after so many fans desperate for 4-4-2, how was that second half for you? Fans desperate for Ainsworth to play, hooked at half time... Moult must play, misses a sitter from 6 yards!!

All too easy to blame the manager again but some of these players are now hanging a third manager out to dry. Not much a manager can do when players continually misplace passes or fail to tackle. He can only make three subs and any one of ten could have been hooked today.

On another point, the end section of the east stand emptied very quickly today. It seems the 'well bois only seem to be up for it when we're winning. We could do with them supporting the team or are they more interested in pyro than the best for our team?

I tend to agree with your first 2 paragraphs but the 3rd is a bit harsh. Without the Bois Fir Park would have been like a morgue yesterday. We havent exactly been taking the league by storm for the last 18 months but they still turn out and back the team from the off. Maybe they should have stuck around yesterday and tried even harder to generate a response from the players when we were up against it but that relationship also has to work 2 ways. The Bois make mistakes and get things wrong at times but I couldnt honestly blame anyone for leaving early yesterday.

ainsworth - as with johnson but i have to say he hit a new low today, WTF!!!!.

Im a big Ainsworth fan, but i agree, he was woeful. Im still trying to work out if it was because he didn't know where he was meant to be in that formation or if it was another one of his days he didn't bother turning up, or a bit of both. He did look totally lost. However, skippy managed to run about and make himself get involved, Lionel didn't. I expect he only had a small number of touches on the ball in the 45 he played. He really was a waste of a shirt yesterday.

If McGhee is going to play him, theres one place to get the best of him. Right wing

Just watched the highlights there and not good viewing!

Hammell appears to be on the wrong side of his man, who has the easiest of tap ins for number 1.

Kennedy seems to have a rush of blood and dives in, only to be skinned, leaving the central defence in a two v one scenario for number 2.

To me McManus is totally blameless for that goal.

I was more than happy for McGhee to return and felt he would turn things around. Forgetting him hawking himself for more appealing jobs, I thought he would do more than a decent job.

However, one thing sprung to mind in his second season. He started tinkering with the system and the arse fell out of things. If I remember correctly for 6 or 7 weeks he started shuffling things around and it was obvious to everyone things were not working. It appeared his stubbornness kept him from reverting to the tried and tested formations that worked previous.

Not panicking yet, but please revert to formations used during December. Irrespective of his knowledge and his philosophy on the game, Motherwell FC needs to retain its position in the SPFL next season.

Let's get back to the basics of 4-4-2 and try and get ourselves in a safe position.

Any tinkering can happen pre-season when he shapes his team around players better suited to his tactics.

• Like 1

For the first Kennedy seems to leave his man and go towards the ball leaving two in the middle, one of whom Hammell is on the wrong side of. McManus goes to the front man, Hammell was shite today but it seemed as though he was "given" that man at the last moment.

Second one is horrible, Gomis commits to the ball, slipped insde to the runner, Pearo is twaggin about in the middle of the park, doesn't make any effort to recover, and the boy shoots and scores. McManus was beating but little fault in that I feel.

For the first Kennedy seems to leave his man and go towards the ball leaving two in the middle, one of whom Hammell is on the wrong side of. McManus goes to the front man, Hammell was shite today but it seemed as though he was "given" that man at the last moment.

Second one is horrible, Gomis commits to the ball, slipped insde to the runner, Pearo is twaggin about in the middle of the park, doesn't make any effort to recover, and the boy shoots and scores. McManus was beating but little fault in that I feel.

For the second one Kennedy ends up about the half way line making a tackle he does the need to make. Misses it and is out of position.
  • Like 1

A pound gets you a 100 at seasons end you'll still be waiting for this "talent to appear". He's a white Eliphas Shivute , dross with pace. Kidderminster Harriers were his ideal level.

On another point, the end section of the east stand emptied very quickly today. It seems the 'well bois only seem to be up for it when we're winning. We could do with them supporting the team or are they more interested in pyro than the best for our team?

Is that you Chick Young?

You think you've seen it all on here then crap likey this pops up.

I've yet to see a match ticket that says you have to sit through 90 minutes no matter how abysmal it is.

Probably says how bad most of the team were yesterday. Johnson was not great but to say he is an imposter is harsh in the extreme. Without him we would have created nothing and he is the one player - Dom Thomas apart that can take on and beat his man. He out in quite a few decent crosses. Not his fault there was no-one there to convert. I would rather have him in the team right now.

A pound gets you a 100 at seasons end you'll still be waiting for this "talent to appear". He's a white Eliphas Shivute , dross with pace. Kidderminster Harriers were his ideal level.

Don't think I once used the phrase that I was waiting for his "talent to appear" so not sure why you've picked that out. However, he seems to be an easy target for several in the Cooper stand at the moment. Sure, he can be frustrating - someone point out a winger of that ilk that isn't? - but I can't agree with your assessment that he's out his depth. As Welldaft says, he beat his man (sometimes men) several times yesterday and put the ball into dangerous places, something he does in most games. But because he doesn't make the right choice every time, or always get past his man, some seem to have written him off completely.

There's definitely room for improvement in his game (a lot, in some areas - e.g. his decision making and final ball, and he needs to score more), but I'd certainly rather have him in the team right now than not.

Is that you Chick Young?

You think you've seen it all on here then crap likey this pops up.

I've yet to see a match ticket that says you have to sit through 90 minutes no matter how abysmal it is.

I've explained my thoughts further up mate. The Bois have got to take take the rough with the smooth and back the team/generate an atmosphere they rave about when we need it, not just when they feel like it!