Unsubstantiated Rumour Regarding Administration

walking down the Fir Park

I have heard today from someone that has little interest in Scottish football let alone Motherwell that as a result of poor cup runs and our poor league position both last year and currently this year that administration may not be far away due to overspending! I was surprised and hurt to hear this and I hope to god this isn't the case!

I didn't think it was possible with how club is structured? Correct?

Now I'm a Motherwell through and through and hope it's all talk but concerning! Thoughts?!

I am by no means here to cause problems etc just something that was motioned to me today

Probably by some one who read the post that someone posted on here two or three days ago!

Two threads now? It'll in the daily's gossip section by the end of the week.

EDIT: Should add the posters subsequently stated what they'd been told was "shite".

I don't think it's any secret that we often go close to the bone especially at this time of year with postponements and the latest SPFL cash instalment to arrive. Derek Weir and Jim McMahon in the past have subbed us money from their own savings to get us through tight periods.

However we now have a multi-millionaire owner who (unless he has managed to isolate himself from liability but I don't see how) would be required under law to keep things ticking along unless he wishes to wind things up.

I have heard today from someone that has little interest in Scottish football let alone Motherwell that as a result of poor cup runs and our poor league position both last year and currently this year that administration may not be far away due to overspending! I was surprised and hurt to hear this and I hope to god this isn't the case!

Sounds like a reliable source. Tell us more

Never mentioned it was a source - more surprised by it being brought up by someone with no interest

No source - a subject which I have raised on a forum which should welcome such concern

So basically... your 'rumour' has no foundation other than it's from someone who has no interest or idea about our club at all. Right.

Close the thread, please.

Just to confirm as a shareholder the administration talk is absolute nonsense, this has been further re-iterated by Alan Burrows on twitter who has responded to a question someone asked about admin and he says its complete nonsense. So all is well so to speak.

As a shareholder? Half a dozen shares on you're on the board? :haha:

More than half a dozen, but all shareholders would be notified if there was any threat of the club going into Admin which isn't going to happen, Its amazing the nonsense that gets posted about the club when we go through a slump, we wouldn't be hearing this chat if we sat in the top 6 just now.

I don't doubt there is a large hole in the budget, as we have posted losses the past 2 years and yet again have failed to progress far in either cup and not sold on any player in the most recent transfer window.

If we were to budget for finishing 10th and knocked out of the cup in 1st round proper - we would probably already be a Championship club. That is the gamble you take I guess.

It used to be Boyle the plugged the gap and now I guess it is Les. Q is how willing is he to do this and for how long ? There is no-one else and we know the Well Society has already tapped up most fans, to the point they are no longer willing to commit any more money (myself included) on top of season ticket, club merchandise, hospitality etc.

I hate to say it but having Rangers and Hibs back up would help assuming we are still in the top flight ourselves.

I am still surprised that Les is surprised that the club is unlikely to be self sufficient and bought over by the fans with our fanbase. He must have known this would cost him in the long run. I hope he has deep pockets and is prepared to continue to support MFC.

Either that or I win the Euromillions...

More than half a dozen, but all shareholders would be notified if there was any threat of the club going into Admin which isn't going to happen, Its amazing the nonsense that gets posted about the club when we go through a slump, we wouldn't be hearing this chat if we sat in the top 6 just now.

No we'd hear how skint we are cos we can't afford win bonuses.

Please close this topic.

I apologise for any annoyance this has caused - it was never my intention.

I was purely expressing my concern and possibly wrong way going about it but given the financial position of Scottish football and our history and the way it came about i felt was something worth sharing

Apologies again, please close

Don't talk yourself down. It was very well written and I have enjoyed reading the resultant thread. I'm actually toying with the idea of putting in for a half day tomorrow so I can come home and read it again.

It would be a real waste of annual leave to get home and find it had gone.

• Like 2