Alan Burrows, What's The Deal?

ankles

Don't know the guy and never met him but one thing always puzzles me bout him is that on here and on Twitter there are people that are ready to blame him for anything that goes wrong with the club no matter how trivial . Week in , week out the same people have it in for him.Prime example was a guy on twitter who ranted about a game being called off not long ago and said fact there were no covers on the pitch was "probably down to Burrows" despite being told we don't use covers cos we have undersoil heating. I remember thinking WTF.The guy has always seemed to me to have the best interests of the club at heart and think people underestimate how important his decision not to back down to Rangers was in the play off ticket row.

Agree with you ankles, I think he has an impossible task being a well fan and the clubs GM, he has a job most of us would love to be involved in

I have no doubt it will not be easy to do and sometimes heart may rule head but I think he does a decent job at it given where he has came from to get it.

And fully agree he gets stuck for no reason sometimes and a lot is to do with things he doesn't control or have a say in. But everyone makes mistakes and yes there have been some but I don't recall anything too drastic

And I doubt he would have had a big say in managerial appointments given the new hierarchy at the club before anyone comments but that only my opinion

He gets stick from the idiots who can't separate the guy who set up a forum and website with a guy years later who moved into a media position and then moved on into a general manager position. The same people also don't usually understand the difference in our club between general manager/chief exec/chairman which, when it was recently restructured made it clear what the board and chairman where responsible for and where the GM sat within that too.

• Like 8

He certainly doesn't put covers on the pitch or cut the grass. There have also been no games called off.

But my idea of a General Manager is that the internal departments of the club will report to him, media, admin staff, ground keeping etc and he will report up to the board and flag up any issues that need escalating. He is not picking the team or the manager or signing off on contracts.

He gets stick from the idiots who can't separate the guy who set up a forum and website with a guy years later who moved into a media position and then moved on into a general manager position. The same people also don't usually understand the difference in our club between general manager/chief exec/chairman which, when it was recently restructured made it clear what the board and chairman where responsible for and where the GM sat within that too.

I'm not sure some of the folk who write on here or Twitter even know their left from their right... and in some case shouldn't be allowed near anything sharp!

I'd say for Alan that it's a double whammy if the team gets beaten, it impacts on his role as a GM of a business which relies on results on the park to boost attendance and attract sponsors but also hits him as a fan.

I'm glad I don't have to have those worries keeping me awake.

He certainly doesn't put covers on the pitch or cut the grass. There have also been no games called off.

But my idea of a General Manager is that the internal departments of the club will report to him, media, admin staff, ground keeping etc and he will report up to the board and flag up any issues that need escalating. He is not picking the team or the manager or signing off on contracts.

He did help clear the snow off the park recently!

I don't really know Flow met and spoke to him a couple of times.

I think he does a great job, he communicates with fans which I think no other club has.

The guy lives and breaths the club and I think he does whatever he feels is best for the club.

He seems to get blame when things aren't going well but what can he do, yes Bara didn't do well at all but his appointment was not compleatly his decision.

I get some people think he is unexperienced but for me he is gaining valuable experience and gives his all so for me I'm more than happy with him doing the job.

Don't know the guy but can massively relate to his situation in a professional capacity.

It seems to me that because he hasn't got white hair, isn't a bit stuffy and generally looks like he spends his match days stood at the back of the east stand eating pies, then he just HAS to be an imposter!!!

I don't know what forum or website he set up but I do know that it appears to be high on his priority list to keep Motherwell in the media eye and improve transparency (or at least the perception of it) of club goings on to the fanbase.

Unfortunately, from experience,no matter how hard you try to be open with people there will always be stote the baws out there who will look for the conspiracy theory, make a target of you and look to blame YOU.

Unfortunately, for MFC, Alan Burrows is the YOU!!!

He did help clear the snow off the park recently!

BURROWS OUT NOW! HOW DID HE LET THE SNOW GET ON THE PARK IN THE FIRST PLACE?!

Seriously though, good guy, communicates continually with fans, gives out as much information as he can to as many people. Compared to other clubs, he does that really well. His day to day? I've no idea, but then, neither do most folk.

With my limited knowledge he seems to do a good job. Certainly works exceptionally hard and without doubt has the clubs best interests at heart and as fans that's all we can ask. He seems to be forward thinking and deffo makes an effort to understand fans point of view (I know this from personal experience)