Scottish Cup 25Th Anniversary

Toxteth O'Grady

On one hand, they sound like they'll be great nights, particularly for the players & staff who were involved with MFC at the time and also the older supporters who remember the cup run well.

On the other hand, let's have a whole host of party nights, re-release dvd's etc to celebrate us winning fuck all for 25 years...

• Like 2

Looks good. If I were still in Scotland I would be up for some of these. Pricing looks reasonable so it doesn't just look like a money making exercise. The 91 cup win was one of the defining moments of my forty odd ears of following the 'well and worth celebrating.

The only sadness are those who were involved who have passed on and cannot celebrate with us.

Although I understand the reservations of some about wallowing in the past, remember special moments like cup wins don't come along very often supporting MFC.

So for that reason alone, I feel it's worth celebrating and remembering the 1991 cup win. That team still holds great memories for every fan that was around in that era and many will revel in rekindling stories and emotions of that day

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I heard the golf day got cancelled due to lack of interest, with the anniversary meal heading a similar way.

Continually punting out the same type of events every other year isnt going to strike up much interest.

Not seen much advertising around the events either. Big failure on the person responsible for that area of the business...

I heard the golf day got cancelled due to lack of interest, with the anniversary meal heading a similar way.

Continually punting out the same type of events every other year isnt going to strike up much interest.

Not seen much advertising around the events either. Big failure on the person responsible for that area of the business...

I've bought a ticket for the meal, then immediately forgot about it and booked a holiday in Italy to coincide with it. You're right - there's been next to no buzz about it at all - at the very least is should be all over the facebook feed.

For Anniversary meal read Sponsors evening. ;)

As great as it was at the time, I think people are tiring of the whole 1991 thing. The solution is to win another cup to give us something else to shout about. However, given our recent cup performances it looks like it could take another 25 years.

As great as it was at the time, I think people are tiring of the whole 1991 thing. The solution is to win another cup to give us something else to shout about. However, given our recent cup performances it looks like it could take another 25 years.

Agree with this as good as it was at the time its been 25 years FFS remember it yes but no need for special events, dinners etc. Do people really want to spend their hard earned cash listening to stories from long retired footballers i think not.