Motherwell V Partick Thistle Sat 27 Feb 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Deserved the win. First half we were the better team and were chapping at the goal but just couldn't get the final touch. Definite penalty, only our 3rd of the season.

Great pass from McDonald for the second and I thought Partick's heads went down and they looked well beaten at that point. Moult might have got the goals but I thought McDonald was immense today.

Looked all very comfortable until Ripley threw in one and then we were on the back foot for a bit, but in truth Ripley didn't have much to do today, perhaps just as well!

Looked all very comfortable until Ripley threw in one and then we were on the back foot for a bit, but in truth Ripley didn't have much to do today, perhaps just as well!

I was sitting right behind that shot and you've probably got no idea how much the ball moved in the last couple of yards before it reached him. Was straight down his throat and moved so close to him that there was no way he was going to adjust.

edit - and McDonald got away with a clear hand ball in the lead up to the 2nd goal. But we'll take it.

Well that was much more like it today. It's took a while to get to the 433 that we naturally associate with McGhee.

I thought Skippy, Moult and Johnson showed that there is significant potential in them playing as a fluid front three. Their movement and work ethic was excellent.

The Ripley error was the only significant blot on a very comfortable win. After failing to build on an impressive win at Tannadice hopefully we can get some momentum going at Hamilton next week.

i thought mcdonald and moult ran themselves into the ground, mcdonald was brilliant.

laing actually played not too badly at right back either.

we defo deserved the win today, by far the better team, they were shite.

it did concern me how deep we began to defend at 3-0 and why the hell didnt mcghee make a sub????

cadden, mcdonald and moult appeared to be totally done with at least 5mins to go.

i might get shot down here but i thought johnson was garbage today, the goal aside he done nothing to merit a place in thd team.

anyway a really good win and congrats to the lads. COYW

The first half was as bad as I've watched for a long time, we probably deserved the lead though because Thistle were awful. Second half was much improved, great second from Moult after a sublime through ball from MacDonald and a sweet strike from Marvin which should have put the game to bed. I'll need to watch their goal again but from the Cooper it just looked like a horrendous piece of goal keeping. The next 5 or so minutes were a bit hairy but we at least saw the game out comfortably in the end.