Les Hutchison

FUNKspex

Well that post shows you know sweet fuck all

Put us right then.

Am I wrong in saying he wanted newco in SPL and was involved in spending that took us close to admin, was on the panel for Baraclough, recommended McGhee (got that from on here) and supported the LH takeover.

Would be pleased if these points were wide of the mark.

look at the role and responsibilities of a company director.

What took us close to admin was a team that finished 2nd in the league finishing 11th the following season despite not losing many significant personel and any we did lose were backfilled with adequate replacements (on paper).

The fault doesn't lie with a board thinking that success will go on otherwise you budget every year thinking you will be bottom and face relegation, the fault lies with the players and management, they had all the tools and facilities available to perform.

With respect to Baraclough, hindsight is a great thing eh? With it I would have a host of Apple shares.

And by "us" you make it sound like you are in the majority, maybe a tad ambitious.

look at the role and responsibilities of a company director.

What took us close to admin was a team that finished 2nd in the league finishing 11th the following season despite not losing many significant personel and any we did lose were backfilled with adequate replacements (on paper).

The fault doesn't lie with a board thinking that success will go on otherwise you budget every year thinking you will be bottom and face relegation, the fault lies with the players and management, they had all the tools and facilities available to perform.

With respect to Baraclough, hindsight is a great thing eh? With it I would have a host of Apple shares.

And by "us" you make it sound like you are in the majority, maybe a tad ambitious.

'Us' was poor grammar on my part. However I think the majority would agree that our financial planning (top 6 + cup run + player sale) did not fit well with a provincial club that had to live within its means and put Motherwell in unnecessary danger.

The left-field appointment of the inexperienced Baraclough was an absolute mile out given our precarious league position when McCall left, no need for hindsight there.

I have no doubt that Weir is a good guy that has done his all for Motherwell. However some very poor decisions have been made during his time at the club.

10y from now we will not have a club to follow. This is unsustainable and sugar daddy Les will tire of his plaything.

Don't get your sugar daddy and plaything patter unless your at the windup.

The guy has said from day one that he doesn't want to own Motherwell but was willing to help the club get the fan ownership scheme up and running, we are less than half way through the 5 years set out to achieve that goal, so if he does decide to walk away from that commitment given the lack of support for the scheme could anyone blame him?

The down side is that he'd still want his cash back and would be within his rights to sell the club to whoever has the cash.

Maybe so but there can't be many Motherwell minded people left with the suitable experience to drive through the fan ownership plan.

Experience is one thing. There may be a large number of people with feelings for the club with the right experience and skills.

Percentage of those willing to give up their time to do the job, knowing the scrutiny and criticism that comes with it? That, I suspect, is a pretty low number...

Maybe so but there can't be many Motherwell minded people left with the suitable experience to drive through the fan ownership plan.

The fan ownership thing is not happening. We simply don't have the fan base to sustain it. Or we have the fan base but not enough who either want too or can afford too or both.

If this comes as a surprise to Les Hutchison then maybe he ain't as clever as he is portrayed.

Still he can console himself with having a few bob more than I have - for now anyway

• Like 2

Maybe not such a surprise that Derek Weir has stepped down......on basis Companies House records are accurate. He was one of the old guard and took a step backwards when Les H took over. Not sure what impact it will have.

What I do find a bit strange is that there has been no announcement from the Club, given that his resignation was with effect from February 1. When McCafferty and others before him left, a statement was put out immediately. Usual MFC communication...or something more sinister?

With just over 3,000 supporters even turning out for games these days the Well Society doesn't seem like it's on to a winner so people need to start asking themselves what happens next.

There is a lot of money to be made in the business world from taking over failing businesses where the value of the assets of the company are more than the worth of the company itself.

Hutchinson may be benevolent or predatory, I don't know, but there has to be some kind of Plan B as a contingency against the Well Society being unable to raise the money and as far as I know there isn't one except a "see you later, now pay up" from Hutchinson.

With just over 3,000 supporters even turning out for games these days the Well Society doesn't seem like it's on to a winner so people need to start asking themselves what happens next.

There is a lot of money to be made in the business world from taking over failing businesses where the value of the assets of the company are more than the worth of the company itself.

Hutchinson may be benevolent or predatory, I don't know, but there has to be some kind of Plan B as a contingency against the Well Society being unable to raise the money and as far as I know there isn't one except a "see you later, now pay up" from Hutchinson.

That is plan b - sell the club and get his money back.

Plan a was sell the club to the supporters and get his money back.

Bottom line is the guy wants and deserves his money back - we need to remember at the time he got involved, John Boyle was looking to sell the club with similar plans but he wanted his cash up front and the society didn't have it. Les stepped in and has given the supporters the chance over 5 years to buy the club - whether we do or don't is not his problem only getting his cash back is.

Remember, however it's the club that is supposed to pay back the loan, not the fans or The Society.

Also, regardless of whether the fans eventually own the club, The Society has provided vital funds to the club over the past few seasons, and by that measure alone, can be considered a success.

• Like 1