Hamilton V Motherwell Sat 5 Mar 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Top six lads! Been saying it for weeks! Fucking Magoo is a magician!

It's not completely out of the question for us to qualify for Europe. Which is fucking ridiculous really.

Think the league title is slightly beyond us now though.

Deserved to win.

For once we stood up their hammer throwing tactics, I mean three yellow cards inside the first 10 mins summed up their approach to the game. Was good to see a strong referee not stand for any of their nonsense as well and get the book out early, the big boy up front for them was also an embarrassment throwing himself to the floor at every opportunity.

Good to see us box clever for once, wasn't always pretty to watch but we managed the game really well and saw out the 2nd half comfortably. Kudos to Cadden, Pearson and McDonald who ensured we spent almost the entire 4 mins of injury time in Accies third of the pitch and not stuck defending on the edge of our own box.

Don't think there were any stand out performances for us today but it was a solid team showing, for once at that shithole we looked up for the fight and ground out a massive 3 points. Looked like it meant a lot to players and fans alike at the end.

Win next Friday and I think that would be us just about there.

Looks as though Laing hit it so hard he pulled a muscle.

While we sat pretty deep for a spell near the end, I think Accies only managed one shot of note in the second half and that was from the free kick outside the edge of the box.

First 45 we looked confident, playing some nice football. The players were moving the ball quickly, and the movement off the ball was far better than it's been through our shit run. Second 45, bit more stop start but we defended well when we had to, rode our luck at times but credit to the team for seeing it out in the last 5 in a professional manner.

Despite being more dominant, I wouldn't even say it's disappointing to only win 1-0 as those 3 points are massive.

No fault with Moult at the penalty, that was a great save.

Delighted to see Laing on the scoresheet - he's got attributes which are lacking in all our other defensive options (attacking mindset + pace + size) and I tend to agree with McGhee in that he's got the potential to be a very good player for us.

NDP is a joke but my half time cup of tea was lovely.

Absolutely massive result. Credit to the players and staff. Pleased that Laing seems to be back in the fold and taking his chance, also good to see that Cadden seems to have bedded into the side now. Now he's actually had a run of games to find his feet Grimshaw's absence is less noticeable.

On the penalty, the only thing I would say is that he puts it in exactly the same spot he's put his other pens, including one as recently as last week, so if the keeper has done any homework he's giving himself a chance. I wasn't at the game yesterday but when I heard the keeper had made the save, I said to my Dad that he'd have put it to the keeper's right and so it proved. Having said that, given we've been the victim of overly officious refereeing at pens this season it's worth pointing out that McGovern is well off his line when he makes the save, though probably not enough to moan about. Thankfully the miss didn't cost us and it was good that we saw out the game.

Anyway a clean sheet and a win at that hovel is welcome.

A massive win for us yesterday and that gives us some some breathing space. So credit to the manager and players. Accies played pretty much how we thought they would do and fortunately were a bit toothless up front. On this occasion their customary start earned them 3 yellow cards and the ref got those and the penalty right. However throughout the game he was inconsistent and allowed himself to be bullied and conned by the Accies players led by our old friend Imrie. One absolutely ridiculous dive early doors ought to have earned him a caution but didn't. Annoying also to see a restarted ball sportingly kicked to Conor Ripley by an Accies player being chased down by Morris - no need for that. Another incident that really riled the support was when Cadden won a fair challenge in the 2nd half and hared down the wing only for his beaten opponent to fall to the deck and roll about. Ref was conned and immediately stopped play. As soon as the game stopped the player jumped to his feet. Rant over now onto positives.

Not a great game football wise but we played quite in the first half without really creating much. Accies were allowed a bit of space on the wings and just like Perth were able to get into our box unchallenged from the right. However they proved sterile up front. Great to see Laing net the only goal by lashing high into the net at a vital time. Second half stared off not too badly but for the last 20 minutes or so we elected to sit back and taunt Accies. They were given licence to throw over cross after cross, luckily to no avail. Hall and McManus struggled to clear their lines as the midfield sat so deep. Also worth noting the way that Accies played our central defenders - by hitting long balls just in front of them. More often than not the bounce of the ball deceived them. Thats the benefit of playing on articificial pitches most weeks.

We were awarded the penalty rightly and Moult did everything right but was unlucky when the keeper guessed right.

No outstanding individual performances - more of a team effort but MacDonald did show up well. Cadden had a lot of good runs taking the pressure off us at vital times but they lacked an end product and his defensive work needs improvement but he's young and is developing into a fine player. Laing is making a good comeback but will need to coordinate better with Cadden and vice versa.

Great to be a Well fan yesterday. The team showed real character to grind out a result.

• Like 1

The first half was a good watch and there were chances at both ends but their big chance was down to a defensive blunder from us. We were the better team and unlucky not to win by more.

I mentioned this on p&b but since McGhee has come in we have scored a lot of goals from set pieces which is pleasing. Off the top of my head:

Mcdonald from a freekick at pitodrie, moult bs Dundee from a corner, Hall vs st Johnstone from a corner, Pearson from a corner vs County, a freekick and a corner at tannadice, a corner at Perth and a corner vs Accies yesterday.

Good to finally see us win at that dump.

Just watched the highlights and two minor incidents caught my eye. Just before the final whistle the ball went over the fence and a couple of fans were slow to release it and an Accies player went charging over aggressively to them. Fortunately nothing happened but it could have been nasty. Also does anyone know who Pearo gave his shirt to at full time?

Good to see from the highlights that we finished the game at the Accies' corner flag killing time.The players must read this site for coaching tips.

Normally not a fan of this type of play, but the number of late goals we have shipped hopefully allows me a little hypocrisy, just this once.