Motherwell V Dundee Utd Fri 11 Mar 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Much more of a "must win" for United than us. Three points for them and they are right back in the mix. They would be five and seven points behind Killie and Accies respectively with each having nine games to play. It all comes down to how they cope with desperation. They have been awful all season, hence their league position, but are finally finding some sort of form.

Right now, I'd take a point and move on.

Much more of a "must win" for United than us. Three points for them and they are right back in the mix. They would be five and seven points behind Killie and Accies respectively with each having nine games to play. It all comes down to how they cope with desperation. They have been awful all season, hence their league position, but are finally finding some sort of form.

Right now, I'd take a point and move on.

Yep, I'd take a boring draw before kickoff. I'm worried McGhee will change the formation again and despite winning against United last time, we weren't that good. Some magic from Skippy and Faddy made the difference but it could have easily gone the other way.

Untd had a great result today so they will probably get a boost from that but they are 8 points adrift at the bottom for a reason...ie they are utter pish. So i think if we keep up our momentum from the Thistle and Accies games we will have too much for them, going for a win for the good guys by a couple of goals.

I think we'll lose this as since we beat them, Utd have had some fantastic results.

Also because, if we win, even I will start to think we can avoid the play offs and/or drop, and that would be too straight forward for us!

Draw wouldn't be a disaster just to keep the wee run going.

Untd had a great result today so they will probably get a boost from that but they are 8 points adrift at the bottom for a reason...ie they are utter pish.

I think you are overconfident. Dundee United have won 6 in 10, drawing 1 and losing 3. The three losses have come against Aberdeen, Celtic and us. We need to forget their position, and realise that they have found form and will be well and truly up for this.

I like a Friday night game (or any game under floodlights), and despite it being on TV I can see them bringing a decent crowd. This has all the makings of being a good game.

A draw would be decent for us.

We don't often beat United at Fir Park and this will be a tough encounter. Outwith the defeat to us they have been in fairly good form of late and will come with a spring in their step after Anier inspired them to a fine cup win.

They still look pretty poor at the back though so hopefully our front three will have too much for them.

Enjoy a rare Friday night game, looking forward to it. A wee win here puts us in good shape.

United have gained in confidence over the last few games, and Mixu will be telling his players that they still have a chance to avoid automatic relegation. I would take a point, however, all three would see us take another big step to securing our premiership safety. I precict a hard fought 2-2 draw.

• Like 1

I think you are overconfident. Dundee United have won 6 in 10, drawing 1 and losing 3. The three losses have come against Aberdeen, Celtic and us. We need to forget their position, and realise that they have found form and will be well and truly up for this.

I like a Friday night game (or any game under floodlights), and despite it being on TV I can see them bringing a decent crowd. This has all the makings of being a good game.

A draw would be decent for us.

It has all the makings of a good game. Really looking forward to it. They ought to bring a decent support and hopefully we will also given 3 wins in 4.

Yes they have had a decent run of late, but so have we and we are at home, so I am confident we can avoid defeat and a win really would cement our chances of avoiding the play off spot.

Still think top 6 is out of reach as we would need to win v Celtic or Aberdeen at home. Not impossible but improbable.

Unfortunately we could be two places down the table before a ball is kicked on Friday......hopefully not,and the sheep do the buisness and a draw between Caley and St J or home win.......but we can't depend on other results going for us

The next two league games are massive,both at home,two victories could banish playoffs and really put us in with a shout for the top six.....four points would also be great return ............love a Friday night home game .......looking forward to it ⚽️

Our record at home to United (like Partick away) is absolutely catastrophic.

However we did win at NDP on Saturday so maybe now is the time to win on our own patch against United.

I reckon we are three wins from guaranteed safety, (might only need two) so if we could win this one, and it is winnable, that would be a big, big step.

As others have said a win also puts us Top Six, regardless of other matches in midweek, so if we can get into the top half that puts a wee bit pressure on the teams below us with games in hand, as we'll have the points in the bag.

I wonder if McGhee is wavering between the side who have won the last two, or the side who beat United 3-0 in a different shape a couple of weeks ago. Personally, I'd like to see us go unchanged, with the game being on our own turf and take the game to them.

• Like 1

McGhee will be drilling into the players to play to the final whistle. United seem to have been galvanised in recent weeks and the weekends result shows the strongest bottle they've have all season (since at least 2014, to be fair)

Reckon it will be tight, we have the best team on paper of the bottom 6/8 teams. These next few games are where this needs to come into play. The experienced players need to be on their game and the younger players need to play to their potential!

2-1 'Well

Same 11 for me to keep the wining momentum going.

I do think we are going to need 3 goals to win this. I think they will have some confidence and be dangerous, but we should have some composure with our experienced heads to ride it out and take advantage of their vulnerable back line.

No doubt anier or gunning will get a goal.

3-2 'Well

I understand the points regarding using the team we played again them at tannadice however I'd like to keep the same 11 as Saturday, I am more than confident they have enough to beat this united side and I don't think we need to fiddle about with formations in order to beat them. Laing is playing pretty well at right back so hopefully he adds solidity meaning we don't need to drop to a 3 at the back.

I'm confident after the desire to win we have shown the past few week. Partick and Killie both have the top two over the weekend and so I'm hopeful we can get a win here which will create a further gap. A win here would be really crucial, our next 2 games are going to be difficult to get anything from so we want to create a gap before this point.

All in all if we have the same desire we showed at accies i think we can do it, mon the well!

Another huge game on Friday. A win would likely create a decent gap between us and 11th with Killie playing Aberdeen. However a loss here and we could easily be looking at going into the split on the back of 4 defeats given our opponents in the 3 games following United.

In terms of line up I would stick with the team that played last week. Laing seems to be doing pretty well at RB and the freer role that Marvin is being given seems to be working better.

Although United's form has undoubtedly improved they are still bottom of the table for a reason and by all accounts were crap in their last defeat to Aberdeen. The key here could be to hit them early and try and get our noses in front to drain them of any confidence they've picked up over the last few weeks.

Looking forward to it and I'll say 3-1 to Motherwell. Mcdonald, Moult and Johnson.

Same XI for me for no other reason than a lot of our problems through January & Feb seemed to stem from chopping and changing the shape of the team based on opposition. We've got an XI at the moment that's won a couple of games and is looking a bit more fluid. At the very least the team that played vs Thistle and Accies should be able to compete and hopefully create so I'd be wary of disrupting that.

Going with the 433 of the past few games it'd see us go 3v3 against their backline which would be quite interesting.