Motherwell V Dundee Utd Fri 11 Mar 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Chris Sutton? Easy really ex Celtic darling. Pamper to the old firm fans. Works for the Rancid apparently. Does that explain?

Reminds me a quote mentioned to me many years ago. Verbal diarrhoea. There are times when impaired hearing has benefits.

Which side were they pandering to when they've had Gary McAllister and Stephen Craigan doing it for the last couple of years?

Thought the commentary was fine last night, but I missed out chunks as I was fast forwarding on Sky+.

• Like 1

McDonald knew what he was doing and despite it being a half hearted attempt, he would have known he was running the risk of attracting a red card.

It was a very niggly game and the officials (plural because the linesmen are there to witness and report wrongdoing also) failed to nip it in the bud early. Had some early yellows gone out for the cynical digs on the likes of Johnson and Cadden, Utd would've had little choice but wind the neck in.

The fella that rugby tackled Cadden was lucky to stay on and perhaps he was the refs compensation for the McDonald decision. But Paton? That was a straight red and if I recall, he was on a yellow already?

I have no issue with Utd as a football club and I don't want them gone off the back of one hammer throwing performance. The manager who sent them out to behave like that and the players responsible for that thuggery have no rightful place At a club that prides itself on playing attractive football.

I hear Darren Jackson was still harping on about Skippy's flying elbow on Sportscene Results. Strangely no comment on the hod-carrying honeymonsters in the United defence, Paton's blatant hack on Gomis, or Morris' dangerous lunge on Lasley.

Don't think he ever got over the 1991 Final. Didn't he throw a boot at Davie Syme after the final whistle?

Prince of the Pettit Lip.

• Like 1

Jackson is a rambling, pish stained tramp.

This

Spent all his money on bad suits in the 1990s and for some reason TV companies have taken pity on him due to his bankruptcy, ala Colin Hendry. Absolute arse of a man. Away and pay off the people you owe money to ya fud.

Crawford Allan didn't even give a foul for Randolph's challenge on Paterson never mind a yellow card.

I stand corrected in that case. However the referee did change his view of the incident in his written report and that was one factor in the final decision. Apparently this kind of U turn is fairly rare in referee's reports.

For anybody who hasn't seen it, STV Highlights which show McDonalds elbow, at 59 seconds

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1346246-watch-motherwell-come-from-behind-to-defeat-dundee-united/

Merely brushed his arm.

How pathetic is the standard of ref's in this country though! - Plenty dirty attempts from United that more than merited red cards. Couldn't believe the bit where Anier was trying to usher the ball out of play in the 2nd Half next to the East/South corner and I think it was Law managed to get in front of him but Anier clear as day with both hands wrestled him out of play and they got the corner. Personally hoped Killie and Hamilton went down but after last night I hope those fuds go down. I can imagine Mixu telling his players to show some grit etc but that was ludicrous. Time wasting from the 25 min FFS. Inverness and County both also been guilty of that this season.

TBF, I'd expect nothing less from a team fighting for survival. That's why they are so difficult to play against. Of course it's up to the ref to deal with it, but if they don't then that's what happens.

The good thing is we dealt with it and we won.

As for Skippy, he's got previous with the red mist and he was dead lucky to stay on the park.

Given that they rescinded McDonald's red card against St Mirren last year for a not dissimilar incident and by all accounts the referee saw what happened last night I do wonder whether they'll bother with any retrospective action.

He was certainly lucky the ref didn't interpret it as a red card however I'd have thought if he had it'd have been one we'd have appealed.

I know it's not the point but it's not as if he's cleaned Donaldson out or anything. He was able to continue the game with no issue. Much ado about nothing and all that.

TBF, I'd expect nothing less from a team fighting for survival. That's why they are so difficult to play against. Of course it's up to the ref to deal with it, but if they don't then that's what happens.

I don't agree on this occasion Weeyin. Yes, you do expect some teams fighting for survival get a bit fired up and put in tasty tackles but last night some of their "challenges" if we may call them that, went beyond the pale. Morris poleaxing Johnson twice off the ball early on and not far from the linesman was inexcusable and should have earned him 2 straight reds. It was behaviour more appropriate to a drunken brawl at scaling time outside a pub.

• Like 1

"I don't agree on this occasion Weeyin. Yes, you do expect some teams fighting for survival get a bit fired up and put in tasty tackles but last night some of their "challenges" if we may call them that, went beyond the pale. Morris poleaxing Johnson twice off the ball early on and not far from the linesman was inexcusable and should have earned him 2 straight reds."

Have to agree, Kmcalpin. Some of these tackles were simply dangerous and vicious, eg Paton on Gomis and Morris on Keith. Once again you have to ask what the linesmen were doing if the ref didn't spot them? I would have been quite ashamed if we'd used these tactics, just as I can't stand the different kinds of tricks Panathonaccies and the Dingwall Dingbats employ to scrape results.

I'm glad we stood up to them: Young Cadden and Thomas appeared quite unaffected by it all and they showed some grit.

This game was like something out of the 70s but I enjoyed it because we took all their crap and still scudded them. I've always respected DU for their great European performances and attempts to play football but Mixu has taken them down the wrong path, imo.

One more point on the McDonald (non-)thing. As far as I can see there was no retrospective action taken for the incident in County's cup game vs Dunfermline where Brian Graham legit clotheslined Talbot, he wasn't booked in the game and as far as I can see he was available for the replay and subsequent league matches.

There's also no record on the SFA's disciplinary news page: http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&pagenumber=1

So as far as it goes if there was no retrospective action taken there then I'd be amazed if Skippy was pulled up especially seeing as he had a similar incident downgraded from red to yellow last season. http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=41&newsID=14798

Edit: Brian Graham incident at 3:24 here (with the ref looking straight at it).

Think Levein had them playing a similar "style", no?

He did Haggis. He fielded players like Dusan Pernis, Gary Kenneth, Jon Daly, Mark Kerr, and Willo Flood and turned United into a pretty physical team capable of intimidating most sides. In our games against them you'd often see the odd brutal challenge or two - a straight leg/studs up assault by Pernis on Jamie Murphy comes to mind. Physicality has been their trademark ever since with guys like Cifti coming in. However Friday night was a new low for them. On that type of behaviour they'll be no loss to the Premiership if they go down.