Motherwell V Dundee Utd Fri 11 Mar 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Scottish League Cup at Ibrox. McCulloch blatantly elbows Hutchison ( I think) in the face. Game changer as Motherwell looking fairly comfortable until Hutchinson forced to go off. Motherwell get trounced. Assault clear as a bell on TV coverage. No media/pundit witch hunt.

I am pretty sure that is the instance where Hutchy was late challenging Sandaza with a header, Hutchy broke Sandaza's face. If he had been that late on the ground in a challenge it would have been a shocking tackle, but it went down as a "clash of heads".

Stand corrected. So what game am I thinking off where McCulloch used his elbow on one of our guys? Can definitely remember that happening but must have got the games confused.

To be fair you could be here a while if you're trying to just pick one game where McCulloch was guilty of using his elbows. There are a few to choose from.

• Like 1

To be fair you could be here a while if you're trying to just pick one game where McCulloch was guilty of using his elbows. There are a few to choose from.

Good point. But I can remember getting all fired up about McCulloch basically assaulting one of our youngsters in a game at ibrox, and that turning the whole game around.

Good point. But I can remember getting all fired up about McCulloch basically assaulting one of our youngsters in a game at ibrox, and that turning the whole game around.

It was Cummins that McCulloch assaulted in that cup debacle at Ibrox. Not sure how much of a bearing it had in the game though.

Something in the deep recesses of my mind tells me it might have been Cummins he elbowed. I can remember the uproar about it but not much else.

Edit- beaten to it by Milo, above.

Thanks guys. Thought I must have been going mad in my old age, Unless I'm mistaken (again)it was about 20 minutes in,nil nil and Cummins was having one of his better games. Given our approach to games at Ibrox way back then, you're right, it probably did not alter the end result.

It was Cummins that McCulloch assaulted in that cup debacle at Ibrox. Not sure how much of a bearing it had in the game though.

Another low in a shocking performance was that not one of our players had a go at McCulloch for it.
  • Like 1