U20S In Cup Final

Coolhandluc

Well done to the Well under 20s and Crags on reaching the Youth cup final ! Seems like we're going to hampden after all. Anyone know when the scheduled date for this is? No notice on SFA page but its Hearts v Dundee Utd in the other semi , Would be good if we could get a decent crowd along to support the boys

• Like 1

first time we have made the final in 30 years that's some achievement and hopefully the sign of things too come for our youth system.great credit too everyone involved and i'm definately going too try and make the final.

I only really follow them on Twitter and then the highlights. The names that usually stand out are Thomas, Mackin, Watt and MacLean but recently R Leitch and 16 year old Turnball have been getting mentions as well.

As mentioned the first final in 30 years so we must be doing something right. I'm going to try and make the final if the date suits. Ps I fucking love Craggs

• Like 1

Wee trip to Hampden will round off the season nicely. Hopefully it falls on a date that allows Cadden and Hall to feature.

I know what you're saying there about Cadden and Hall but part of me is tempted to say that the guys that got us there deserve to keep their place in the final. Good experience for them and Cadden and Hall are getting plenty of experience as it is...

I know what you're saying there about Cadden and Hall but part of me is tempted to say that the guys that got us there deserve to keep their place in the final. Good experience for them and Cadden and Hall are getting plenty of experience as it is...

I considered this too but without wanting to overplay the occasion, this is a significant opportunity on a number of fronts. A win would boost the morale throughout the club, aid the confidence of our top prospects and possible raise the club's profile in terms of youth player recruitment.

Under Johansson we had some good players playing nice football with a defined shape about us. Since the arrival of Craigan, the good football has been underpinned by a desire to build a winning mentality. For that reason alone, I think the club will rightly want to select the strongest team eligible and utilise the players that have been key to the squads progression in the last 2 years.

Personally, the prospect of Cadden and Thomas lining up on either wing at Hampden is one to look forward too with some excitement.

You are correct. Quite a few the lads in our "Cup" team are just 16 or 17. Davie Turnbull who scored 2 goals today is 16.

Yeah, it's even stricter than 20s I think. Hence why Jack Leitch (still 20 until July) isn't eligible. I think it might still have the age rules that the under 19s league did before the 20s was introduced.

I'm torn on this one to be honest. Was discussing it with a couple of mates last night. On the one hand, if both are playing every week in the first team then they should be spared of their youth duties, but on the other hand, both will have played in most of the previous rounds and it might seem like they are being punished for being good while their mates get an unforgettable experience. Plus, they could also add a lot of value to the side. Also depends on their first team commitments around that date and where we are in the league by that point.

If the first team are safe from relegation at that point, then Cadden & Hall should 100% be available for the cup final.

They'll provide quality, and some big game experience. We should be going all out to win this. I'll certainly be going along for the final. Getting there is a great achievement.

I believe its a must to play all the best U/20s, as it showcases all the young talent at the club. I think both Hall and Cadden played regularly with the group earlier in the year and they are all lads who've been brought up together through pro-youth to signing their first contracts etc. They are a collective group, if the players involved in the 1st team are playing, it definitely inspires the others.

I don't think you can underestimate the importance of reaching this final, it draws attention to the club and I know for certain scouts down south do pay attention to this.

I've watched the U/20s quite a bit and there are some decent prospects at the club. There are boys like Turnbull and young Leitch who can play at this level for another few years who I think have the ability to do very well in the game!!