U20S In Cup Final

Coolhandluc

Will Sam Nicholson play? Doubt it if Souttar isn't. Liam Smith started on Saturday so I don't know if he will play again on Wednesday. Jordan McGhee will probably play, Dario Zanatta, who apparently is a decent player, as well. Gary Oliver is out on loan at Queen of the South (and scoring a few goals) so he won't be there.

This was their team for the semi-final, 2-0 win vs Dundee United.

Hearts: Mason, Jones, L. Henderson, Baur, McGhee, Beith, Morrison, Buchanan, Roy (I. Smith, 61'), Zanatta, Moore. Subs: Fisher, Baxter, Howlett-Mundle, Cochrane.

Jim Spence wrote a piece at the weekend about leaving Hampden.

The Rangers celtic end was part of his reasons for getting rid.

Lets be honest Hampden is a shithole of a stadium no good for watching games from anywhere other than the sides, steeped in the sectarian old firm bile, SFA reluctant to redevelop or move in case it upsets a diddy team like Queens Park.

We need a new national stadium we can be proud of suitable for the 21st century good transport links, Good football viewing stadium etc etc but its the SFA so given they are a bunch of fuckwits i wont be holding my breath.

As always, it boils down to cost. The SFA can't afford it and no government will ever fund it as it's a guaranteed net vote loser. We had an opportunity to move to a new stadium when Hampden was redeveloped - I even remember talk of relocation to a site in, or close to Strathclyde Park (as there were good access in and out), but that ship sailed and we are stuck with the "new" one.

Is there any reason they couldn't ground share with Murray park?

I assume you mean Murrayfield, and not the training ground of Rangers?

Aye, I've said for years Hampden should be scrapped. Unless you're along the touchline, it's horrendous for watching football. Doesn't the SFA contract with Hampden come to an end in a couple of years? I'd like to see us share with the Rugger and play the Scotland games/Cup Finals there. A country of this size doesn't need two 50,000+ national stadiums.

We need a new national stadium we can be proud of suitable for the 21st century good transport links, Good football viewing stadium etc etc but its the SFA so given they are a bunch of fuckwits i wont be holding my breath.

Where do you propose we have it, that would have better transport links than Hampden? There's about 4 train stations within 20 minutes of it and about a million bus routes.

FWIW as well, I'd rather play the cup final in the duchy park than give any money to the SRU for Murrayfield.

Regardless of this, I hope we fuck Hearts tonight.

Lets be honest Hampden is a shithole of a stadium no good for watching games from anywhere other than the sides, steeped in the sectarian old firm bile, SFA reluctant to redevelop or move in case it upsets a diddy team like Queens Park.

Diddy team?

Fuck sake.