U20S In Cup Final

Coolhandluc

Cadden looks to me like he is a future captain of our club if we can keep him for a few more years.

I would imagine we'll be looking to cash in on him next summer. Could see him going very far in the game. Looks very assured and confident for someone who's played less 20 senior games. And physically has all the tools...

I was actually amazed by how relatively strong Campbell looked. He's come on a fair bit since I last seen him and closer to the first team than I thought.

I thought he looked strong at that level but I think if you got him running at a Pascali/McManus type figure he would realise there is work to be done. Like you I don't think he is far away and a wee taster in the last few games might just be the momentum and motivation he needs to do the right things over the summer.

Strange that I was a bit disappointed in Cadden and it is probably because I had an over inflated expectation after the way he has made Tierney et al look like mugs in the last few weeks, I thought he would have had more of an impact at that level. Maybe the whole thing has just proved that U20s and the Premiership are not that different in standard.

Apparently our Sports Scientist was working hard with Cadden and Hall to get them fitter, bulkier and faster for their first team appearances. Presumably if there are potential candidates for promotion next season we he can do the same for them over the summer. You can certainly see the difference in those 2 now compared to when they made their debuts.

Apparently our Sports Scientist was working hard with Cadden and Hall to get them fitter, bulkier and faster for their first team appearances. Presumably if there are potential candidates for promotion next season we he can do the same for them over the summer. You can certainly see the difference in those 2 now compared to when they made their debuts.

Yes you defintely can. I don't know if Campbell has been doing the same or if it's a natural down to his age but he has also came on leaps and bounds since the start of the year. Ferguson and McLean to me looked stronger than the last time I saw them also.

there does seem to be a real professional approach too our youth system now which was sadly lacking for year's,i think having someone like cragg's in there with his passion and love for the place and know's how important bringing through younger player's is for the future of the club is going too vital going forward.

How many of our lads from last night have been picked to represent Scotland?

How Cadden hasn't been looked at for the Scotland u21 squad is unreal, hopefully he will be in next squad.

What surprises me is McGhee and McCall have an influence in the setup so surely they know how good Cadden is.

If guys like McGinn at Hibs get a cap for the full squad it makes no sense that Cadden who has been instrumental in our turn around gets compleatly overlooked.

How Cadden hasn't been looked at for the Scotland u21 squad is unreal, hopefully he will be in next squad.

What surprises me is McGhee and McCall have an influence in the setup so surely they know how good Cadden is.

If guys like McGinn at Hibs get a cap for the full squad it makes no sense that Cadden who has been instrumental in our turn around gets compleatly overlooked.

Cadden has only played around 20 senior games, McGinn has played around 100. If Cadden continues to perform at the same level that he has, I'm pretty sure an Under 21 call will come sooner rather than later...

• 3 years later...
On 3/11/2016 at 7:44 AM, Last post by: said:

Ive just seen David Turnbull's recent goal for the 20's.

Watch his composure as he beats a man on the edge of his box and plays his way out of trouble. Queue a cross field pass which leads to some good play down the right wing. He picks the ball up again in the middle of the park and drives forward towards goal, exchanges a quicks 1-2 and smashes the ball past the keeper from well outside the box.

I usually am quite impressed with what I see on the highlights anyway but felt this was worth a mention.

Here's the link :

3 years on and what a player he's developed into.  Great play and amazing composure even then. Looking forward to seeing him progress over the next 3 years.