Fir Park Painting

jamsyartist

Was this painted from your own photograph? The reason I am asking is, I did a mixed media painting of Motherwell legend Joe Wark at the start of the year, however, the image it was painted from is copyrighted. A fee needs to be payed to the copyright holder first before I can legitimately sell prints. I was hoping to give all profits to the Remember Well charity, however, the copyright owner of the original photograph still wants a fee (I managed to get it reduced due to the charity thing).

Might be from his imagination?

May well be, however, I just wondered where the inspiration came from. Copyright law is pretty strict and if you paint a picture directly from a photograph you need permission from the originator to be able to sell it. In this instance it looks as if it’s been painted from a fans or his own snapshot.

May well be, however, I just wondered where the inspiration came from. Copyright law is pretty strict and if you paint a picture directly from a photograph you need permission from the originator to be able to sell it. In this instance it looks as if it’s been painted from a fans or his own snapshot.

Do i detect a petted lip ?

I've got a mug with the image on it. The guy has done loads of a very similar style for lots of different teams. I've also seen ones for Murrayfield and different sports too.

I would guess once you've seen a few images of a stadium either empty or full you can pretty much copy the structure and fill in the gaps with the crowd making it sufficiently different that you aren't infringing a copyright.

:lol:

Even for the euro games we're not allowed to use the side bits....

So unless it's full of old firm fans, it's unlikely to be reproduced from a photo!

Yes it’s very rare to see the main stand full. I suspect (as Andy P said) it’s been copied from a image similar to the one below and the crowd has been added in.

_63721124_fir_park.jpg

May well be, however, I just wondered where the inspiration came from. Copyright law is pretty strict and if you paint a picture directly from a photograph you need permission from the originator to be able to sell it. In this instance it looks as if its been painted from a fans or his own snapshot.

Inspiration? Pretty sure if I put my mind to it I could draw a football match in a stadium. It would be shite, but arts all about interpretation.