Quiz Night Q&a Thursday Night

sydney devine

Guys and Gals,

A wee heads up for this event in the Centenary Suite at 7/7.30pm.

As well as a quiz based on events in 1991 (film, telly, sport, music and, of course the game at Hampden on May 18), we'll have a Q&A with no fewer than FIVE members of the victorious Scottish Cup-winning team.

Prizes galore on the night - including one for best question to the panel - and all info on the MFC website.

If you're still swithering, the only thing on the telly that night is a Scotland game...

Cheers,

Sydney Devine

• Like 2

AndyRoss, I was at the Q&A night and it was pretty good.

There were only 3 1991 players there Craig Paterson, Iain Ferguson and Jim Griffin, Stevie Kirk was a no show and not sure who the 5th was meant to be.

I had heard there were also going to be some 1st team players there but there none.

The night itself was pretty good and for £10 you got a pie and a pint which on its own covered half the ticket price.

The sad thing about it was the number of punters that turned up.

Not sure if its just apathy on our behalf or it was down to the poor advertising of the event but to give you an idea of the expected crowd everyone who was there had 2 pies and could have had more.

So based on that I recon that it was less than 50% of the expected turn out.

The quiz was a good laugh and the Q&A was pretty good as was Tam Cowan's running of the show.

First prize in the raffle was 2 tickets to the 25th Anniversary Dinner which were worth £60 a head and there were loads of other prizes.

Tam Cowan remarked several times about the low turn out even saying that he was at a similar deal at Dunfermline and nearly 500 punters showed up.

Good night all in all but could have been better attended.

AndyRoss, I was at the Q&A night and it was pretty good.

There were only 3 1991 players there Craig Paterson, Iain Ferguson and Jim Griffin, Stevie Kirk was a no show and not sure who the 5th was meant to be.

I had heard there were also going to be some 1st team players there but there none.

The night itself was pretty good and for £10 you got a pie and a pint which on its own covered half the ticket price.

The sad thing about it was the number of punters that turned up.

Not sure if its just apathy on our behalf or it was down to the poor advertising of the event but to give you an idea of the expected crowd everyone who was there had 2 pies and could have had more.

So based on that I recon that it was less than 50% of the expected turn out.

The quiz was a good laugh and the Q&A was pretty good as was Tam Cowan's running of the show.

First prize in the raffle was 2 tickets to the 25th Anniversary Dinner which were worth £60 a head and there were loads of other prizes.

Tam Cowan remarked several times about the low turn out even saying that he was at a similar deal at Dunfermline and nearly 500 punters showed up.

Good night all in all but could have been better attended.

First I saw it was when Tam posted this.

While I'm sure it was a good night out, I think the event itself was a tough sell. I'm not sure fans are too interested in celebrating the 25th anniversary of a cup win. Apart from reminding us how long it is since we won a trophy, the nature of our club running so many events and giving so much access to the players probably means everyone who has ever wanted to speak the players or ask questions has had ample opportunity - which is a good thing, obviously.

Maybe if there is another 25 years before we win a trophy teh 50 year will have a bigger turnout!

• Like 1

Whilst the 91 cup win was a great achievement for the club, I personally had no real desire to celebrate it 25 years on. I would be more inclined to celebrate the 130 years that the club has been in existence. I would like to think that the club will recognise that milestone in some way next season, by looking back over past glories and great players who have played for the club. This could be in the form of an exhibition of memorabilia at Fir Park or with some mention on next seasons kit. Maybe a little cliched now, however, I have always liked the idea of having the names of past and present players sublimated on to the shirts. As a kit fan this to me would be a nice way to honour some of the players who have played for us over the last 130 years.

• Like 1

Glad it went well. The turnout is such a difficult one, we experienced it with the podcast Q&A last year and to a certain extent the Well Society quiz as well.

Having these events at the weekend would make more sense to me, but then again the recent 'Class of 02' night didn't get much of a turnout either - maybe as Jam20 mention it's becoming overkill with these type of events?

There will need to be alternatives going forward particularly with regards to the Society hosting social events, for me that would go some way to making the fans feel a bigger part of the club and more involved in the Society.

What these alternatives are I'm not sure, but a good starting point for me would be to utilise the club bars better, for example there's a Scotland game on tonight on the television but there's two bars at Fir Park sitting completely empty. I'm sure there's a lot of 'Well fans who would prefer to watch the game at the club with the money going into the club than investing elsewhere. Some players could even get involved too.

Better lager would maybe be a starting point to entice people into the Cooper and Centenary, but that's perhaps a discussion for another day....