Quiz Night Q&a Thursday Night

sydney devine

Well as someone who very often goes to these events, the Thursday night aspect of this put me right off. By the end of the week having driven to Edinburgh and back four times I'm just knackered. Also the Well Society quiz was an excellent night (not just saying that because we won) but even then I didn't get home till well past 11pm. Which maybe doesn't seem late but when you get up at 545am it is. I doubt I would do that again as I was friar tucked for the rest of that week. However hit the weekends and you are clashing with other things so your in a kind of rock and a hard place scenario.

I always wonder what % of our regular fans, and therefore folk who would be in to these types of things, are based in Motherwell and/or easy walking/train/bus distance.

For me, had a season ticket since I was 8 and now 33 and never lived within 15 miles of Fir Park until moving to Uddingston 2 years ago. So these things were always something I didn't consider.

Probably not the place for it.... But... Was the auction to play in a game on Fir Park managed by a legend not a cracking fund raiser from a few years back.

Surely the club would put use of the pitch up free, get Lasley & Faddy as team managers. Use of strips etc. If the players do it for free then surely say 30 folk paying £150 minimum each would do the Society a nice wee turn.

• Like 1

I always wonder what % of our regular fans, and therefore folk who would be in to these types of things, are based in Motherwell and/or easy walking/train/bus distance.

Certainly of our group of about a dozen, none live within 30 miles of Fir Park and most considerably further away.

Would go to these if transport was a bit better i come from a bit further of north lanarkshire but takes me 2 hours roughly to get to fir park

Attended a couple of events but sometimes my health stops me going to these things but will probably attend the cup final replay

That's just one thing to take into account; I'm 25 minutes or so away from FP and also have a wife with a chronic illness whose health is particularly up and down. I could easily plan to go to these events and then end up having to stay at home with her, or worse still end up at A&E with her; it's happened before and we've lost a fair bit of money we'd already spent on tickets etc. because of last minute cancellations - we simply can't afford to keep doing that all the time, unfortunately.

Childcare/family and commitments along similar lines will always come first in situations like these, I find. The only example I have of it not being the case (for me, anyway) was the 2011 cup final; my wife (then fiancée) was in the Victoria Infirmary, so I was able to visit, get to the game and go back to visit after it. :lol:

That's just one thing to take into account; I'm 25 minutes or so away from FP and also have a wife with a chronic illness whose health is particularly up and down. I could easily plan to go to these events and then end up having to stay at home with her, or worse still end up at A&E with her; it's happened before and we've lost a fair bit of money we'd already spent on tickets etc. because of last minute cancellations - we simply can't afford to keep doing that all the time, unfortunately.

Childcare/family and commitments along similar lines will always come first in situations like these, I find. The only example I have of it not being the case (for me, anyway) was the 2011 cup final; my wife (then fiancée) was in the Victoria Infirmary, so I was able to visit, get to the game and go back to visit after it. :lol:

That's commitment from ye! Likewise I managed to squeeze in a 3-2 win v rangers at FP before collecting my wife and daughter from the maternity ward :-0