Top Six The Facts

Ianc

We are the team with the points in the bag so that makes us favorites to be in the top six come Saturday eve. I would be surprised if all three results go against us, our own result excluded. Having said that, i was not expecting the results we got last night.

I am hopeful that we will take something from the game on Saturday. I would have been confident but Celtic's 3-1 win over hearts shows that they can still produce results when they need to.

Not sure if it's better for us if Aberdeen win or lose against Hearts. If they win, I guess we'll see how the current Celtic players react to the pressure.

Was watching the Cletic highlights at the weekend and while I thought the scoreline flattered them a little, that boy from Man City looked useful.

Whilst I'll be disappointed if we now don't make the top 6 (especially for the financial aspect) I would've bit your hand off to even just stay 10th or above after the Killie game only 2 months ago. We now look like we've achieved that (anyone confirm?) so I'm fairly relaxed for a change!

It would be absolutely rotten luck for all the 6 results to come up when we needed only 1 to fail but if we can't now finish in the bottom 2 I'll try not to be too annoyed in by 5pm Saturday we are in fact in the bottom 6.

• Like 1

Whilst I'll be disappointed if we now don't make the top 6 (especially for the financial aspect) I would've bit your hand off to even just stay 10th or above after the Killie game only 2 months ago. We now look like we've achieved that (anyone confirm?) so I'm fairly relaxed for a change!

It would require Kilmarnock, a team who have won 7 games out of 32, to win 5 out of their remaining 6 games AND Hamilton (8 wins out of 32) to win 4 out of 6. So, aye, we're safe...

It would require Kilmarnock, a team who have won 7 games out of 32, to win 5 out of their remaining 6 games AND Hamilton (8 wins out of 32) to win 4 out of 6. So, aye, we're safe...

Just hope Killie start their survival run with a victory over St Johnstone. That way we are top six and can watch the scrap from afar. United's thugs going down automatically appeals and that becomes all the more likely as well with a Killie win on Saturday. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

The current situation is this:

Forget Dundee utd Hamilton ICT Hearts Aberdeen

We have

Motherwell -7 GD and are on 44 points could achieve either 44,45 or 47 :ph34r:

Dundee - 0GD and are on41 points could achieve either 41, 42 or 44

St Jonstn - 0GD and are on43 points could achieve either 43, 44 or 46

P Thistle - 6GD and are on41 points could achieve either 41, 42 or 44

The danger is clear we need something.

We have

Motherwell -7 GD and are on 44 points could achieve either 44,45 or 46

The danger is clear we need something.

How do we get to 46? 47 surely

Correct. 47 possible. Saturday certainly has thrown up a very exciting fixture list for last game before the split with pretty much every team needing to win.... Except us but I hope we go into the game with the attitude that we need to win it. Although we are the early game I think our result really won't make a difference to how the other teams will approach their games. I'll be up early on Saturday and hopefully waking everybody else's up screaming my head off when we score and win. Ok I'll still be cheering if we get a draw. COYW

As many have said, really need to take something on Saturday or we will be in the bottom 6. Should that happen, I will be a little gutted given the run we have been on, but at least we can't be dragged into the relegation fight now. Heart says we can do it, head says no. Predict Dundee and St. Johnstone will both win and Partick/Ross County will be a draw - so would put us 7th in the event we don't get anything from Celtic game.

County are fighting for top 6 too, they've been up there all season and will be gutted to lose it in the last two games so I fully expect them to get a result against Partick.

County are fighting for top 6 too, they've been up there all season and will be gutted to lose it in the last two games so I fully expect them to get a result against Partick.

Correct! If County beat Thistle that gives them 43 points, which means that even if Dundee get a draw, County go above them.

The fact that three teams that need to win are playing away from home might have a bearing on the outcome.

Fact is Celtic will be a very tricky game and there is a high chance we might get beat, but after looking at the fixtures that need to happen for us to drop down I think we have a good chance of staying in the top six.

• Like 1

We have

Motherwell -8 GD and are on 44 points