Motherwell V Celtic Sat 9 Apr 12:30

Yabba's Turd

Sat too deep in the first half but to be fair we were a minute away from going in at half time at 0-0. A lot of that was down to Ripley of course but not to take anything away from him most of the saves were routine ones with a couple of great ones sprinkled about.

I can't really tell off sides down at the Cooper End because of the angle and distance I sit so I can't comment much on the disallowed goal but the BBC report calls it 'controversial'.

Thought we competed quite well until the second goal for Celtic after which I felt it all went a bit flat and the energy went out of the team. Pretty annoying that Ripley has had such a good game today and then conceded a goal like the one he did that has cost us the game.

So near and yet so far. Going to be a nervous afternoon now.

i cannot believe we sat so deep in the first half and allowed celtic to press us which was suicide and that shows by the shots at goal stats.

feel for big ripley as he was good today.

dont think we deserved anything from the game but gutted at the way we lost it.

on a side note Gomis was utterly shite today, was as if he was playing in slow motion.

On TV McDonald is no worse than online with the ball. The linesman had a bad position.

Just too many needless mistakes. Looking comfortable at the end of the first half half Moult dives then elbows Boyata in the space of two minutes putting pressure on us and they score. Second half Cadden is injured and waits til they score before he asks to go off.

I thought Cadden was the best of a bad lot and Kennedy played well apart from his gift to the thumb. Ripley seems to be getting a lot of praise but he chucked one in, palmed half a dozen into the middle of the box and his distribution was terrible. He did make two really good saves.

Collum had a good game.

Think i must have been at a different game from me or sitting beside the wally in the pod shouting and arguing with Mark McGhee.We were playing top of the league team nearly went in at half time 0-0 then we attacked in the second half but for a shite offside decision we would have been winning 2-1 in the second. Gomis was the only one that never earned pass marks. Good performance good effort unlucky no to take anything.Some folk are never fukin happy.

• Like 2

Think i must have been at a different game from me or sitting beside the wally in the pod shouting and arguing with Mark McGhee.We were playing top of the league team nearly went in at half time 0-0 then we attacked in the second half but for a shite offside decision we would have been winning 2-1 in the second. Gomis was the only one that never earned pass marks. Good performance good effort unlucky no to take anything.Some folk are never fukin happy.

Graeme Bremner is someone at the wind up and you are a happy clapper so you'll obviously see things differently.

Ripley kept us in the game, whether he was "average" in doing so is subject to conjecture, but the fact remains, had it not been for him, we wouldn't have been able to have a go at clawing anything back.

I fucking hate Golum with a passion but in general, he didn't have a bad game. He called it as his linesman saw it (who is employed to see it better than him) and quite simply, the linesman got it wrong.

On the plus side, to not play particularly well yet still worry a Celtic team who were pushing on for a league title and to still feel slightly robbed come full time....I think is sufficient to give me at least some belief that we can still finish 4th (cos we will be in the top 6).

Gave celtic too much respect in the first half, although the gameplan was probably to put them to sleep in the first and go all out 2nd half. Nearly worked.

Truth be told, theres been a big improvement in both individuals and the team over the season, although only got flashes of what we are capable of today.

Not many referees will get a pass mark, but everyone in scotland thinks collum is a diddy. How Scott Brown gets away with constant dirty play is beyond me; total thug.

Thats the first time I have seen Gomis. I would not have put him back out for the second half. Although we defended in numbers the first half I thought we looked very vulnerable so hopefully we can tihten that up. Much better positive attitude in the scond half but we give the ball away too easily when we have time and space. So all in all when you consider how much room we have for imporvement next season mght be a good one COYW lets get 4th

Disappointing to lose but that disappointment is being ever more tempered by the scorelines at the time of writing as they are in Dingwall, KIlmarnock and Hamilton.

It was frustrating to concede just before half-time but difficult to argue it wasn't merited given the balance of play in the first half. A bit of a goalkeeping masterclass from Connor Ripey who was magnificent.

Given the fact we still went in behind having played pretty cautiously you could argue, as the guys around us were, that McGhee got it wrong with his tactics in the first half. Personally I was satisfied enough that with the fact that by hook, or by crook, we were keeping them out - until we conceded of course - but could understand the desire to see us show more ambition.

That we certainly did in the second half and looked much more like the team we know we can be. When it came, the equaliser was well deserved on the balance of play and it only makes it that bit more frustrating that we conceded at a point we were looking very comfortable and through what was one of the more routine shots sent towards Ripley.

But in the grand scheme of things it looks like we're looking good for the top six without it having had a bearing on things. And I'd have taken that before kick-off.

Aye that boy was a bell end. I am just up behind a bit. The rest of the stand clapped when McGhee shouted back at him so that tells the story!

Ripley was the only starting player worth his medal mcdonald wasnt too bad gollum suffocated the game lowest think ive ever felt as a well fan was really optimistic there

Jeez oh! I don't know what age you are and I know we're all prone to bit of exaggeration from time to time but that's a hell of claim to make even on what we've witnessed in the last year and a half.

However that said.....

Graeme Bremner is someone at the wind up and you are a happy clapper so you'll obviously see things differently.

....Poacher turned Gamekeeper? :P