Motherwell V Celtic Sat 9 Apr 12:30

Yabba's Turd

Is it aye? Never noticed to be perfectly honest. Always same people around me lunchtime kick off against Celtic or not. Holidays to interfere though which is what is causing me to be at risk of not making it.

I think a lot of the pay at the gate types generally don't bother getting a ticket for these games. With something to play for in the match you might see more of a turn out.

Celtic need to win this game. If Aberdeen beat Hearts on Friday and we beat them on Saturday they are only 1 point in front with a game against Aberdeen still to come after the split

Not that I want Aberdeen to win the league but you can take it for granted Celtic will be up for the game at Fir Park

Celtic need to win this game. If Aberdeen beat Hearts on Friday and we beat them on Saturday they are only 1 point in front with a game against Aberdeen still to come after the split

Not that I want Aberdeen to win the league but you can take it for granted Celtic will be up for the game at Fir Park

Therefore more so we need to be.

This was always coming.

No one else will save us.

We must do it the hard way.

Did it before at the other end.

Do it top end.

Not easy but need to fight for everything.

Our home support for these games is usually about 500-1,000 less than for a normal game at Fir Park and I don't expect anything different on Saturday.

You are probably right Dave, but we have a full compliment of 9 in our group heading through from Edinburgh

Facts are - we have won 5 on the bounce and now (after tonight's results) could do with at least a point to be sure of top 6. Even against Celtic I would hope it might persuade a few more to turn up and get behind the lads. They deserve it.

But you are probably right....

Financially, this now becomes quite a significant fixture. If we can get something from it and secure a top six place, we will make a fair amount of money. It would guarantee at least sixth in the league and the possibility of better than that plus hopefully better gates at our remaining home fixtures. Lose, and we are relying on other results to get us there and the possibility of scrabbling with the other also ranks for seventh, eighth or ninth.

Given where we were after the Killie defeat, top six would be some achievement and the extra cash it would generate would be very handy. Let's hope we can do the business ourselves and get over this initial finishing line without having to rely on other results.

Financially, this now becomes quite a significant fixture. If we can get something from it and secure a top six place, we will make a fair amount of money. It would guarantee at least sixth in the league and the possibility of better than that plus hopefully better gates at our remaining home fixtures. Lose, and we are relying on other results to get us there and the possibility of scrabbling with the other also ranks for seventh, eighth or ninth.

Given where we were after the Killie defeat, top six would be some achievement and the extra cash it would generate would be very handy. Let's hope we can do the business ourselves and get over this initial finishing line without having to rely on other results.

Exactly this ^^^

• Like 1

A draw will see us there, which isn't outwith the realms of possibility.

Neither is a win tbh.

I guess it says how far we've come that you genuinely can't call it (possibly says alot about Celtic also).

Will hopefully make it through for early KO.

Celtic will definitely not relish coming to FP. My Celtic pals are still traumatised by Helicopter Sunday and now we simply must win this to guarantee top six status. There is no point hoping other teams will do us a favour since every team is fighting its own battle and there are no dead fixtures. As other sage posters have said, we can make a lot of money if we make it to the top half and money means players. These are great incentives and I'm sure Mr McGhee will have them well "prepared".

If we get fair play from the ref. we can beat them.

Oh, I see..........

Mcghee stated that the players will be training all week on the assumption that we'll be needing points from the game. I'm hoping his prediction that we'll see the benefits of the international break this week ring true.

Fuck it. I'm glad we're going into this game needing something. Its why I go.

• Like 2

Collum is just bad full stop.

Very much this. That's what makes it so ridiculous he is still viewed as a top flight senior official. He just makes so many poor decisions and, by all accounts, is an arrogant twat along with it. A classic case of always being picked last when he was a boy.

Celtic is the perfect time to get Collum. Clearly there are no guarantees but one thing he deserves great credit for is that he isn't scared to upset either of the bigots or anyone else for that matter. He may give us a shanner, but at least we can be sure he isn't going to rock up and be intimidated by them.

• Like 1

Collum is just bad full stop.

Ask any Celtic fan if they fancy the referee for Saturday and you will get a resounding no!

This.

There's a Celtic mentalist in my work who thinks collum is a masonic orange bastard.

He's never explained how an RE teacher in a Catholic school ticked enough boxes to be described this way.