Craig Reid

gilmour

Dunfermline player Craig Reid accused of attacking girlfriend

1 hour ago

From the section Glasgow & West Scotland

A Scottish footballer has appeared in court charged with assaulting his former partner days before Christmas.

Dunfermline defender Craig Reid, 30, denies attacking Natasha Munro at his flat in Glasgow on 21 December 2014.

Court papers claim that he did "struggle violently with her, strike her on the head, seize her by her hair, pull her hair, punch her on the body".

At Glasgow Sheriff Court, a trial was set for August. Mr Reid has also played for Motherwell and St Mirren.

Adam Johnson..... 6 years for having some naughty stuff with a 15yr old .....

Reid leathers his missus.... What do you think, community service?

Albeit Johnson is a creepy bastard but it's interesting how the comparison could be.

The ex Dundee and at the time Livingston defender Declan Gallagher got 3 years in jail for battering someone with a baseball bat earlier in the season. Can't remember too many players in Scotland being sent to prison.

Adam Johnson..... 6 years for having some naughty stuff with a 15yr old .....

Reid leathers his missus.... What do you think, community service?

Albeit Johnson is a creepy bastard but it's interesting how the comparison could be.

I assume you were being sarcastic but still not appropriate or funny to make a comment like that

You assume?

Ring out your knickers, I'm sure everyone with common sense could see the comment for what it was. I regularly exclaim that I wish to kill people close to me when they wind me up, however I am neither in the Bar L, being shadowed by special branch or act as a role model for kids championing manslaughter as a cool career option.