Motherwell V Hearts Sat 23 Apr 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Looking forward to the game on Saturday, if we get anything on Saturday it will be a bonus especially after our display at Tynecastle which I appreciate is miles away from where we are now.

Hearts are a quality side, I sincerly think if they acquire 3/4 quality players they could mount a title challenge next year. Anyway enough about them..

I want us to do something similar to the second half against Celtic, we need to press them and not sit too deep. I firmly believe we need to get away from this mentality of sitting in and inviting pressure like we did in the first half against Celtic and in a few other games. I would like a few young boys to be blooded, Leitch and Watt are who I would introduce. Not fully up-to-date with injuries but I would go for something similar to the below;
Ripley

Watt Kennedy McManus Hammell

Cadden Leith Lasley/Pearson* Johnson

McDonald Moult

*Whoever is fit if any?

Anything is a bonus at this point in the season, I for one had us relegated a few months ago so I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the season. For me, we need to try and secure 4th spot but also try and blood as many youngsters as we can (within reason). I think McGhee also needs to make up his mind what we are going to do with Lionel Ainsworth, IMO he is our most talented player on his day and we either have to find a way to fit him into our system or get coming off the bench to make a substantial impact. I think part of this is obviously on Lionel as his limited appearances haven't been dazzling as of late.

Hearts have nothing to play for now so I'm going to go for a 2-2 draw.

Depending on fitness I would like to see Laing given a run to the end of season at fb. In his limited time there I thought he had potential to develop further. Pearson I doubt will be ready. I would hope that some of the young midfielders are given a chance at least from the bench. Not knowing the plans for Ripley and i would expect now that our future is more secure discussions are taking place, there could be an case for giving Samson a chance before the season end.

Depending on fitness I would like to see Laing given a run to the end of season at fb. In his limited time there I thought he had potential to develop further. Pearson I doubt will be ready. I would hope that some of the young midfielders are given a chance at least from the bench. Not knowing the plans for Ripley and i would expect now that our future is more secure discussions are taking place, there could be an case for giving Samson a chance before the season end.

How do we arrive at that? Doubt he'll be here after the season end :whistling:

Given we were scudded 6-0 the last time we went out with a changed side against Hearts I'd be surprised if we changed much for this one. If Laing's fit then it'd be good to see him get another run at right back but beyond that the only other change I'd really like to see is Jack Leitch for Gomis. If Pearson's fit then giving him some time off the bench would be a positive as well.

I noted that Hall started for the 20s yesterday so with their cup final next week I'd imagine that Kennedy will be keeping his starting place (which I'm fine with).

Ripley

Laing Kennedy McManus Hammell

Cadden Lasley Leitch

Johnson McDonald Moult

Why is Samson starting when ripely is playing incredible

Because McGhee said he wanted to give other players a chance? Or Maybe Ripley is defintely leaving at the end of his loan and McGhee wants to give Samson a chance to stake his claim?