2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Decent suggestion. I haven't seen enough of him this year to know if he would actually play well but he's too good for the next tier down, and the video of him with the fans recently suggests he actually gives a sh**

I admire Rankin's committed approach but he'll be 33 by the start of next season so would be seen as a stop-gap solution rather than trying to progressively phase in a younger midfield.

I don't think Rankin is a bad shout - decent player who has kept himself very fit

he'll be looking for the best financial deal possible for himself and I don't think that is something that we can offer

I'd be reasonably happy if we signed him but I certainly wouldn't be overly disappointed if we didn't sign him - we have enough experience in the team to help bring through the youngsters

Big Mick seems to take a lot of stick - I actually like him a lot, he speaks very well of the club and his experience is invaluable to some of the younger guys he brings through, I think out of all of them, if I had to lose one it would be Hammy. However, you only need to look at how many times we have tried to replace him or bring in a competitor and he has come out on top every single time

So to clarify .... we need start the search for a ball winning, box to box midfielder with leadership qualities, not too young, not too old (26-28 ideally), not too young to be immature and overwhelmed and not too old that he's by his best and lacking in pace/stamina, good enough that he wins the acclaim of the fans but preferably no ambition that he wants to move on, kisses the badge and has never played for the Old Firm, wears black boots over multicoloured ones and it would be nice if he was a looker too, we've got to keep the ladies happy .....

Some on here play too much Football Manager

• Like 1

So to clarify .... we need start the search for a ball winning, box to box midfielder with leadership qualities, not too young, not too old (26-28 ideally), not too young to be immature and overwhelmed and not too old that he's by his best and lacking in pace/stamina, good enough that he wins the acclaim of the fans but preferably no ambition that he wants to move on, kisses the badge and has never played for the Old Firm, wears black boots over multicoloured ones and it would be nice if he was a looker too, we've got to keep the ladies happy .....

this is a must for me!

Anyone that ticks the " shites wonders and farts miracles " box, is fine by me

Also this from the man himself: "It's ongoing at the minute. I have played a lot and I'm happy here and settled so I would be happy to stay here."

http://www.clyde1.com/sport/news/hall-not-focusing-on-motherwell-contract-talks/

Ideally we will be looking at a 3 year deal but I suspect his agent will be trying for a 2 or even 1 yea deal, allowing him to move relatively cheaply which should attract interest if he keeps improving.

Can see some folk going tonto on here if it's not a 3 year deal.

Ideally we will be looking at a 3 year deal but I suspect his agent will be trying for a 2 or even 1 yea deal, allowing him to move relatively cheaply which should attract interest if he keeps improving.

Can see some folk going tonto on here if it's not a 3 year deal.

Cadden's was a 2 year extension was it not? Most folk were fairly positive about that so in that respect I'd have thought we'd be offering Hall a deal along the same lines as that.

I think with young players they get them contracted until the year before they can leave for nothing meaning when contract ends they can offer a 2 or 3 yr deal and if they don't accept and leave we are due compensation where if they go another year they could run down contract and leave for nothing also if they don't improve as expected could just let them go and offer them nothing

John Rankin?

giphy.gif

The guy gets credit for actually giving a shit at United this year, but he's finished. Replace our 36 year old legs in midfield with a 33 year old with absolutely no value, who's probably a high earner at United?

Aye, sound, sign him up. COULD DO A JOB.

So, does anyone know who's actually out of contract at the end of this season? According to what I've saw it's;

Connor Ripley (end of loan deal)

Craig Samson

Stephen McManus

Stevie Hammell

Ben Hall

Keith Lasley

Jack Leitch

James McFadden

Scott McDonald

Wes Fletcher

David Clarkson

Craig Moore

Morgaro Gomis (end of loan deal)

Anyone I've missed out or mentioned in error?

So, does anyone know who's actually out of contract at the end of this season? According to what I've saw it's;

Craig Samson

Stephen McManus

Stevie Hammell

Ben Hall

Keith Lasley

Jack Leitch

James McFadden

Scott McDonald

Wes Fletcher

Both McDonald & Fletcher have +1 options (as does Clarkson). So I'd imagine it's up to the club whether they exercise that option as per the terms of their existing agreement.

Craig Samson

Stephen McManus

Stevie Hammell

Ben Hall

Keith Lasley

Jack Leitch

James McFadden

Scott McDonald

Wes Fletcher

Morgaro Gomis (loan), David Clarkson and Craig Moore.

Fletcher has never really impressed me, I would rather see a boy like Dylan Makin or Craig Moore get a chance

I think Fletcher needs a run of a few regular starts to show what he has, but whether he will get that at Fir Park or not, is up for debate.