2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

I was surprised to learn yesterday that he only actually joined Killie in 2012 after being released by St.Mirren. So you've got to think Kilmarnock will be lucky to get half that.

I mean did we not only get about 300k for Lee Erwin in the end? And I'm pretty sure he'd been with us since Primary School.

Killie are due 90,000 Euros for every year he was there so roughly £220,000.

The total cost for Aberdeen including VAT would be £260,000. A lot of money for Craig Slater.

Would we want him back?

Reckon the move was worth it for him financially.

Not for me.

Most definitely worth it financially - but when he signed for them he made it abundantly clear it had nothing to do with money and was about furthering his career.

Would be more interested in Templeton and Nicky Clark who have also been released. Both for me are very decent players that never got a fair crack of the whip at Ibrox. Doubt we could afford either though and imagine all three will end up down south.

Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be debated to death on here until he finds a new club...

Indeed, it is the silly season after all.

Reckon he will get a League One gig and earn a fair bit more Han the like of ourselves could afford to pay him.

Indeed, it is the silly season after all.

Reckon he will get a League One gig and earn a fair bit more Han the like of ourselves could afford to pay him.

Reckon he'll be returning to the Sheffield area. As for your closing words... A bit more than the likes of ourselves could afford? Seemed very happy with terms recently :nod:

Would we want him back?

Reckon the move was worth it for him financially.

He would be a better option in midfield than Lasley so he might be worth a punt i doubt we could afford him, but lets be honest he is not going to get a new deal on the stupid money he was on at Ibrox so he might fancy the wage cut.

Also I was speaking to Josh Law at the St Johnstone game and asked him about Nicky, As onthefringes said he is going to sheffield. well "it looks likely"

Which is what he should have done three years ago. He's spent three of his peak years playing against part-timers and plonking his arse on the bench.

No doubt he's got himself plenty of cash out of it, so i'm sure he won't be too downbeat. I always felt he had the potential to go far, though.

• Like 1

I'd take Nicky Clark but not Templeton...as for Law, he made a total cunt of it if you ask me. OK, he'll have a healthy wedge in his account, but he could have got similar money playing against decent competition down South. He took the easy option.

Would I have him back? If he could recapture the form he had during his 1st spell, he would be an undoubted asset

• Like 1

Nicky Clark? Really? Lower league is pretty much his level I'd have said. Would much rather we gave Craig Moore (assuming he signs) a run tbh.

Same with Templeton, surely it'd be more in our interests to give Dom Thomas game time than bring in a guy that could barely get a start for them in the seaside leagues.

• Like 2

Killie are due 90,000 Euros for every year he was there so roughly £220,000.

The total cost for Aberdeen including VAT would be £260,000. A lot of money for Craig Slater.

serious question - how does this work? what if Aberdeen or anyone refuse to pay that kind of money? he cant sign for anyone until he is over the age of 24?

serious question - how does this work? what if Aberdeen or anyone refuse to pay that kind of money? he cant sign for anyone until he is over the age of 24?

I think, though I'm not certain, that the clubs can come to a settlement on compensation. If they don't then it can go to a tribunal. See the Telfer transfer from Rangers to Dundee United. United valued the development compensation at something like £60k, the tribunal ended up setting it at £200k. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30395680)

There's a whole series of clauses about it in the SPFL rules if you have the time or inclination Section F (pages 43-49): http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

United will consider that one a success, considering he didn't set the heather on fire even when farmed out on loan to Livi....

Nicky Clark is one of those guys who'll get a premier club, purely based on the fact he is coming from Rangers. He's struggled to make an impact there and has never actually played in the top flight before. Not for me.

Templeton, perhaps he could be a player McGhee could reinvigorate, but with Ainsworth, Johnson, Thomas, Cadden and even MacLean capable of playing out wide, our tight budget should be looking at other areas.

As for Law, at the time he left it probably was so raw for most of us, because it was Rangers he joined. Had he gone to abroad for financial reasons, we probably wouldn't have cared as much. He'll have got a few quid out of his move to Rangers but it was undoubtedly a terrible career move. It would be a tough one for our fans to bury the hatchet with him, but hypothetically speaking he could probably come back and make a difference. However, if our budget is as tight as we're being led to believe, the chances of bringing back a guy who left us purely for money are slim to none. I would rather we focused our midfield attentions on a holding player to complement Cadden and Pearson anyway.

Law's move to Rangers was always going to be a bad career move as there is no way you can improve as a player by dropping down 3 divisions in the same country. You need to be playing against better players to develop.

I'd still take him back, though as we have never adequately replaced him. I don't care that he made a stupid choice.

No chance he'll be here, though. Plenty of clubs down south will be happy to pay much more than we can for his services.

Posted here as relates to what we can afford in wages etc...

Budget for next season is based on 10th place with no player sales and no cup runs. Confirmed at the WS night tonight. Thoughts?

My initial concern is that McGhee has been landed with a reduced budget he didn't sign up to.