2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

As a selling club ouur best chance of real money is Moult, Johnson, Cadden or Thomas having a rip roaring start to the season and selling them at the end of August or January 2017. By the time we get to next summer they only have a year on their deal left. (which highlights the 2 years contract point in Cadden a case)

He has been told to find a new club by Dingus a number of weeks ago......any fee will be nominal

Not a huge surprise. Ainsworth didn't really take his (small) chances when given them by McGhee after the Thistle game.

If McGhee is t going to play him it's better use of a wage on someone else in the tight budget we have

If we've to sell a player, I don't think Ainsworth going for a pittance will solve that.

The only players in our team that could go for a reasonable fee this summer would be Moult and Johnson.

McGhee has never been an Ainsworth fan - so no surprises to me, if he's told to find another club whether its a cash sale or a negotiated release.

Has Ben Hall signed his contract yet?

What about a new RB? I know there's a few on here asking for Luke Watt to be given a chance, but I don't think he's ready. Maybe with these cup games coming up he might be given another chance

I think the Ainsworth story in the Record comes more from a lazy journalist searching through fans forums and seeing the story earlier in the week on here.

I fully expect Ainsworth still to be at Motherwell next season and will leave when his contract expires.

McGhee has never been an Ainsworth fan - so no surprises to me, if he's told to find another club whether its a cash sale or a negotiated release.

Has Ben Hall signed his contract yet?

What about a new RB? I know there's a few on here asking for Luke Watt to be given a chance, but I don't think he's ready. Maybe with these cup games coming up he might be given another chance

I think between Louis Laing and Josh Law we have right back covered. I thought Laing looked promising there pre injury and Law is also a decent full back- I know many on the forums disagree with that.

Also, I agree regarding Ainsworth. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him go. What I'm saying is that if we do sell him/get rid of him, if the accounts suggested that we need transfer revenue, then we may need to sell a further player.

I think between Louis Laing and Josh Law we have right back covered. I thought Laing looked promising there pre injury and Law is also a decent full back- I know many on the forums disagree with that.

Also, I agree regarding Ainsworth. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him go. What I'm saying is that if we do sell him/get rid of him, if the accounts suggested that we need transfer revenue, then we may need to sell a further player.

Not for long...

• Like 1

Law moving on would be welcome news given how tight the budget is.

I would be sad to see Hammell and/or Lasley leave in such fashion with no farewell at the end of the season. However I can fully understand them not being happy if the offers are as derisory as the tone suggests.

The joys of proposed fan ownership starting from a heavy deficit...

I don't know about the senior players but if the figure that I've heard that we've offered Ben Hall is anywhere near accurate, he will most likely not be a Motherwell player next season. And frankly, if the numbers I've heard are correct, I don't blame him...

• Like 1

I would be sad to see Hammell and/or Lasley leave in such fashion with no farewell at the end of the season. However I can fully understand them not being happy if the offers are as derisory as the tone suggests.

The thing I don't quite get is, where exactly do the players think they'll get a similar kind of contract?

Hammell is 34 years old, and has had the best part of 18 months of injury problems. Keith Lasley will be 37 not long after the season starts.

Fair play to them for trying to get the best deals they can, but there has to be a sense of realism in there.

• Like 3

I'm that disinterested in Plymouth Argyle I didn't even bother to check which league they are in.

My bad, huh?

Anyway, at least I made you feel good by proving someone wrong on the internet. :prankster:

Touchy CM?

Hammell and Lasley is particular have done more then enough for Motherwell to warrant being treated with well. They are modern day legends and it would be really sad I think if they left under these circumstances.

The thing I don't quite get is, where exactly do the players think they'll get a similar kind of contract?

Hammell is 34 years old, and has had the best part of 18 months of injury problems. Keith Lasley will be 37 not long after the season starts.

Fair play to them for trying to get the best deals they can, but there has to be a sense of realism in there.

I do agree that they should be offered reduced terms in line with the expectation that their contribution will taper out. I expect both players would be content with this too.

The level of cuts however may be to the extent that they could comfortably get a better deal elsewhere in Scotland. If that's the case, good luck to them.