2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

I thought I read he was going to Dundee or something similar, McGhee did say it was him or skippy I am sure

Dundee have already signed another striker as well (http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news/yordi-is-a-dee). So unless they're thinking someone will come in with the sort of money they want for Stewart I doubt he'll be a realistic option for them since they've already got a pretty full complement of strikers and as superward says, McGhee's on record saying we've dropped our interest.

Reading between the lines (given McGhee said that we couldn't afford both he and McDonald) it sounds like El Bakhtaoui's agent is pricing him out of the Scottish market. No one really seems convinced enough to take a chance on him, which is understandable seeing as so far he's only scored goals in League 1.

Reading between the lines (given McGhee said that we couldn't afford both he and McDonald) it sounds like El Bakhtaoui's agent is pricing him out of the Scottish market.

Sounds about right. As far as I know we never made our initial interest public.

For a Premiership player at a club like ours I reckon around the £1.2k a week. No real logic in that but would expect most would be earning roughly £65k a year.

Ray MacKinnon is quoted in the Dundee Courier as saying "I wish I had the funds to go and spend £1500 each a week on eight players but I don’t." I take it from this, that thats what United were paying their players last season.

Ray MacKinnon is quoted in the Dundee Courier as saying "I wish I had the funds to go and spend £1500 each a week on eight players but I dont." I take it from this, that thats what United were paying their players last season.

Id be surprised if it was. Apparently Uniteds first team wage bill is/was £2.5m + pa. That would work out at an average of £2k pw at least ,over a 25 man squad.

Id be surprised if it was. Apparently Uniteds first team wage bill is/was £2.5m + pa. That would work out at an average of £2k pw at least ,over a 25 man squad.

This is what I don't get. Often we hear of clubs offering players £x per week or £y per week. However we don't know if these figures include bonuses or appearance monies for example. However the total wage budget will include these extras.

I think this is going on far too long we are 2 weeks away from returning to training we need answers now time for deadlines to be set imo and if not staying fine we move on and look for replacements

Yes we need confirmed signings / re-signings to be in place for pre season training. Apparently no deadlines have been set but that can't continue surely?

Maybe once the players in question return from their family holidays they'll concentrate on their future contracts.

They might just be like ordinary punters who like a break without thinking about work.

Apart from when he scored one of the best OGs you're ever likely to see at Fir Park?

I honestly thought the boy was murder

I remember the OG. However, my Thistle mate is gutted that he is leaving, so maybe we got him on a bad day. It will certainly be interesting to see where he ends up.