2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Ben Hall away. We'll be due compo but it'll be buttons because the side in question aren't "Category A" in the way that Leeds were with Erwin. 100k ish.

While I'd be disappointed to lose a prospect like Hall, £100k for a player who has played less than half a season of first team football isn't exactly buttons. Hall's been decent, and looked like a kid with a lot of potential, but is still extremely young and there's a high chance, as with any youngster, that he won't realise that potential.

Sure, he could turn out to be a big loss, and go on to bigger and better things. Or he could end up the next Jonathan Page.

That's assuming your sauce is reliable, of course!

Wasn't aware of clubs being categorised when it comes to development fees. When you think Hibs paid £100k for McGinn though, £100k for Hall wouldn't be terrible business.

Interested to see where he ends up. Strange how McGhee propelled him into the team from nowhere, he has the NI connection with the coaching staff but he's seemingly been destined to leave for months.

Ben Hall away. We'll be due compo but it'll be buttons because the side in question aren't "Category A" in the way that Leeds were with Erwin. 100k ish.

A mistake by Hall I think but £100K generated by youth development is always welcome.

Slightly surprised but not overly disappointed if it's true Hall is away. I'd be happy to go into next season with Mick, Kennedy and Laing as first team cb's supported by Ferguson and Watt if required.

As others have said, £100k for a guy that's played about 20 first team games isn't terrible particularly if the added finances let us hold on to Johnson/Moult for another year.

Usually against the suggestion of re singing old players but hutchy is one that I'd jump at, he would put his head through a brick wall for the the cause but it won't be happening any time soon, he will easily get another club down south and will no doubt be linked with rangers not to mention that we couldn't get close to his wages.

I always was under the impression that it was the Category of club that the player left that was used in compensation. So a Category 1 youth development club (say...Arsenal) would get more than a Category 2 club (for example Sheffield Wednesday). I could and probably am very wrong though!

A few of the u14s and u15s have been sold to the old firm recently which also netted the club some much needed revenue.

At £8,000 maximum per season they've been signed up, similarly, we'll be recruiting from other clubs' youth programmes.

Financially we are nowhere near Hutchison, that will never happen, unfortunately.

As for Hall, if he wants to go that's fine, for a young player who has just broken into the first team I would have thought his priority would be to cement his place in the first team for at least a season. For him to be looking for a bigger club / move / money etc at this stage in his career is poor show!! I'd happily get shot. Especially if we get £100k for him.

I thought he looked a decent prospect but I thought he looked average in the Youth Final where I would have expected him to be an absolute standout as was Cadden.

Big mick / laing / kennedy is fine by me.

Looking at this from the otger side.....If Hall is being told that he is fighting out with Kennedy, Laing and Ferguson for the second spot then maybe he thinks he can get a better chance after 1st team football elsewhere. Or even if not a better chance, then the same chance but on more money.

[quote name="mio" post="472253" timestamp="1465549018

As for Hall, if he wants to go that's fine, for a young player who has just broken into the first team I would have thought his priority would be to cement his place in the first team for at least a season. For him to be looking for a bigger club / move / money etc at this stage in his career is poor show!! I'd happily get shot. Especially if we get £100k for him.

Big mick / laing / kennedy is fine by me.

Agreed. I said some time ago that I had been unimpressed by his perceived rush and chatting himself up to be in the NI euro squad.

Perhaps he may have been flippant but did so on more than one occasion. Modern football is littered with early promising young big time Charlie's who never made the cut. It would be a shame if he were one of them.

Good luck to him in wherever he goes but the boy either needs to learn a bit of humility or to stop listening to the utter shite his 'advisors' are filling his head with.

he's heading to the south coast

people (fans) need to realise that this football malarkey is a job, these guys play football to earn money. and that is the exact same reason I go to my work. yes, we would all love players to show some loyalty to our team, but money talks and I don't have a problem with that. are we as a club showing loyalty to Hammell or Lasley for what they have given this club by offering them 40% less wages?

from whats been said on here, he wanted comparable terms with the likes of Kennedy and Laing, we never delivered on that. so he's decided to not sign a new deal and see what is out there - he's got a new team earning probably way more money and is still very much young enough to learn from better players at a bigger club

rumours were that Hutchy was on £4k per week - how can anyone turn their back on that kind of money - you cant

• Like 1

he's heading to the south coast

people (fans) need to realise that this football malarkey is a job, these guys play football to earn money. and that is the exact same reason I go to my work. yes, we would all love players to show some loyalty to our team, but money talks and I don't have a problem with that. are we as a club showing loyalty to Hammell or Lasley for what they have given this club by offering them 40% less wages?

from whats been said on here, he wanted comparable terms with the likes of Kennedy and Laing, we never delivered on that. so he's decided to not sign a new deal and see what is out there - he's got a new team earning probably way more money and is still very much young enough to learn from better players at a bigger club

rumours were that Hutchy was on £4k per week - how can anyone turn their back on that kind of money - you cant

We really are fucked if Queen of the South are taking our promising players off us

• Like 2

people (fans) need to realise that this football malarkey is a job, these guys play football to earn money.

And what lots of young players need to realise is that to earn more money in the long run it's often better to serve you time and learn your craft first and boost your earning potential. It's a bit like getting a degree or serving an apprenticeship. Hone the skills first and your career earnings will typically increase.