2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Just a thought that maybe this is the way forward on fees as it seems we get more from Development Fees than actual transfer fees. The player usually just lets contract run down. Although if he has been with us from youth would still get development fee.

Sorry to see the lad go but I am sure someone will fill his boots (so to speak).

I was speaking to a colleague in Kolkata today and he says there's been no mention of Pearson over there. He reckons it may even just be a loan since the season only runs for 3 months of the year. I'd take £100k for a 3 month loan.

I was speaking to a colleague in Kolkata today and he says there's been no mention of Pearson over there. He reckons it may even just be a loan since the season only runs for 3 months of the year. I'd take £100k for a 3 month loan.

This^^^^^. If it is a short term deal just for their season we would be mad to turn down the income.

I think it'd show a lack of ambition if Hall decided to stay with Motherwell instead of moving to a club fighting for promotion to one of the best leagues in the world. Added that he's not from here, it definitely would make sense from his point of view to move on.

And if the rumours are true then £200k is a very pretty penny. Good for all parties!

Do we get that £200k all at once, or is it spread over a few seasons or what?

If Erwin came back and continued his form of his last few games for us he would add to the team. He still has great promise. Be surprised though if he did appear back.

Either way we need another striker for cover and to push McDonald and Moult. Going in with 3 strikers is, I don't think Mackin will be near the first team, not really an option.

Would be surprised if Pearson moves over to India again. The setup in the league over there is a shambles. They have the Super League and the I League. They are completely separate, with the standard in both poor at best. They say that it actually harms the development of football in India. Only thing that might entice him is the short term financial gain, which would be more than what we will be paying him. Then again, would be want to disturb family life for a 3 month trip to India?

Josh Walker (former 'Boro and Aberdeen player) was classed as a star player for an I League side a year or so ago. He was worse than awful.

What's he fuming about? He knew that Hall had only five months left on his contract when he decided to put him in the shop window. He handed all the aces on a plate to the agent. And, oh dear, the agent did his job - who knew that was going to happen, huh?

It's just another example of our clubs chickenshit attitude to youth players contracts.

I'd have been more impressed if McGhee hadn't bothered with his Scotland jolly and actually spent time with the development squad. However, for that the loons on this board think I should be hung,drawn and quartered. Just as soon as they spread the cheese on their piece and catch the bus to work.

You can't help stupid. :crazy:

What's he fuming about? He knew that Hall had only five months left on his contract when he decided to put him in the shop window. He handed all the aces on a plate to the agent. And, oh dear, the agent did his job - who knew that was going to happen, huh?

So what are you suggesting here? Should Ben Hall not have been given an opportunity in the first team because he only had five months left on his contract?

Or that he shouldn't have been given a first team place until he signed a long term deal, despite never appearing for the first team at that point?

I don't think you quite understand the difference between 'fuming' and disappointed.

• Like 1