2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Just catching up with earlier chat on the Lee Erwin thing (regardless of whether or not there's anything in it).

I was always a bit middle-of-the-road with him, but I do admit i'd be curious to see what McGhee could do with him in that triple-pronged attack that he likes.

He's implemented it as best he could with the players we had, but having a full close season and pre-season should see him able to put it into effect the way he specifically wants it, both in personnel and tactically. I can see why Erwin would pique his interest in that case.

I likes Erwin a lot. But to be fair that was based on his last few months with us and not the previous 2 years. He did of course have a bad injury or two which slowed his progress.

I would gladly have him back but doubt it would happen. Probably now end up at Rangers, Hearts or Aberdeen !!

Erwin has massive potential but also seems to be up there with Garry O'Connor in the shit for brain stakes.

I'd take him back as long as it involves Barry Hughes coming nowhere near Fir Park.

Agree with that.

I suspect Erwin will have higher aspirations but McGhee would be a fine option to get his head sorted and give him a chance to fulfil his potential.

Erwin has massive potential but also seems to be up there with Garry O'Connor in the shit for brain stakes.

I'd take him back as long as it involves Barry Hughes coming nowhere near Fir Park.

A bit harsh. Couple of times I spoke to him he came across fairly well.

The Erwin chat has irked me slightly as I did rate him as a player.

I'm possibly cutting my nose off etc but we weren't good enough for him too stay a further couple of seasons to develop his game before getting a move, but now he gets no game time he could come back on loan.... To develop his game.

Of course I know financially it made sense for him to have went when he did but just a little bit of me is saying, well if you had stayed another year, had a season like Louis Moult you would have been due a bigger move, made us more money and been better placed too start at your new club so bolt.

Petty yes I know.

• Like 1

The Erwin chat has irked me slightly as I did rate him as a player.

I'm possibly cutting my nose off etc but we weren't good enough for him too stay a further couple of seasons to develop his game before getting a move, but now he gets no game time he could come back on loan.... To develop his game.

Of course I know financially it made sense for him to have went when he did but just a little bit of me is saying, well if you had stayed another year, had a season like Louis Moult you would have been due a bigger move, made us more money and been better placed too start at your new club so bolt.

Petty yes I know.

I totally agree with this, Moult will also put in more of a shift and score way more goals that Erwin ever will. I would also rather take a gamble on Moore or Mackin should Moult or McDonald get injured. Why would we help him out to get better and then maybe move a at from Leeds when we wont gain financially from it?

I totally agree with this, Moult will also put in more of a shift and score way more goals that Erwin ever will. I would also rather take a gamble on Moore or Mackin should Moult or McDonald get injured. Why would we help him out to get better and then maybe move a at from Leeds when we wont gain financially from it?

Erwin or not we need another striker who can seriously push McDonald and Moult. Moore may do it but I really cannot see Mackin doing ithe unfortunately.

i would take erwin back on loan provided it was for the full season as i think he could offer us something different too what we have,his goals home and away against killie last season showed he definately has ability.imo we need another striker as we should be looking too loan mackin out and i'm not convinced that moore is the answer.if we can keep skippy then both him and moult would be ideal for erwin too learn from but having said that theres other areas of the squad that need addressing first and unless we were too sell someone then i wouldn't be surprised if we don't have the budget for another striker.

If Erwin came back and continued his form of his last few games for us he would add to the team. He still has great promise. Be surprised though if he did appear back.

3 of his 5 goals were against St. Mirren and they aren't in the league anymore.

3 of his 5 goals were against St. Mirren and they aren't in the league anymore.

I said last few games....mainly thinking the playoffs including his all round play in them. We all know he didn't score loads of goals without yer spreadsheet getting an outing!

There's load of people on here acting like their ex has said she is moving back in.

Erwin was scarcely the finished article when he left. A season cooling his heels at Leeds will not have done much for him in that respect. As such, would he be ahead of Skippy or Moult in terms of selection for us? We probably do need to strengthen our striking resources even if McDonald resigns and we do not get a decent offer for Moult, but I am not sure Erwin on loan fits that particular bill. Moore deserves a chance after a successful loan spell, though bench cover and the odd start would seem the likely path for him to show whether he can make the step up. Erwin, for a season, would only get in the way of his possible development.

This is all hypothetical. Has there been confirmed interest in Erwin?

I think Leeds have let one of there first team forwards go, the Italian whose name escapes me, but I think Erwin might get more of a chance in the coming season.

Craigan seems to rate Mackin, so let's not right him off before he has had a chance. He might not be the next McHugh, but might possibly be the next Erwin.

Be positive guys.....

Erwin was scarcely the finished article when he left. A season cooling his heels at Leeds will not have done much for him in that respect. As such, would he be ahead of Skippy or Moult in terms of selection for us? We probably do need to strengthen our striking resources even if McDonald resigns and we do not get a decent offer for Moult, but I am not sure Erwin on loan fits that particular bill. Moore deserves a chance after a successful loan spell, though bench cover and the odd start would seem the likely path for him to show whether he can make the step up. Erwin, for a season, would only get in the way of his possible development.

That's my only negative. It stops the development perhaps. However, we 100% need better backup than just Moore and Mackin.