2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Promising start to summer recruitment. If we were to secure Bannigan, Brill(If fit) and McDonald then I would say that we've had a quietly successful transfer window. If finances were to allow a couple of additional loan signings towards the tail end of August to plug some gaps, then I would be more than impressed with our business.

Some well needed optimism ahead of the season.

• Like 1

Could the signing of blyth possibly be as a replacement for the likes of moult being sold on or possibly ainsworth?

I'd say it's more likely to be as per the spiel from McGhee on the official site, we don't have someone who can play as a target man. It's not Moult's game, nor is it Moore or McDonald's (assuming he takes up the +1 option) on the evidence of his outings as a lone striker. Blyth would seem to give us that option if we want to go 4411 or 4231 against certain teams.

Edit: which obviously isn't to say that if an offer came in for Moult we wouldn't be considering it but equally I don't think you need to correlate one coming in with one going out.

We are delighted to have secured all three lads as in all each situation, we had to battled hard against clubs on both sides of the border.

How many pints of whisky were swallowed before that 'sentence' was uttered?

Back on topic...

It's great to see some new signings. They're all young with potential to perform and potential to be sold for profit.

Pleased to see us sign a proper right back. A 3 year deal for a 26 year old suggests we really rate him.

The other 2 boys fit into our blueprint. Fingers crossed they can make a similar impact to Johnson and Moult.

Also hope there is something in the Bannigan chat.

Appears to be more thoroughly scouted signings than the one year, see how it goes, Fletcher that appeared last year.

Of all the new signings that appeared, not counting McDonald or Pearson, only Moult made an impact.

Positive press conferences and articulate players, just a left back and Cadden to cement his place with hopefully Robbie Leitch or Allan Campbell coming through in midfield.

Say what you like about McGee and many may not view him as a likeable character, but he is an excellent coach and has grabbed a trio of players who look very promising.