2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Hope Skippy stays. But being 33 in August I could completely understand him chasing more money for what is likely his last couple of years playing.

I don't know if I agree with that - if it was all about ££ for Skippy, I don't think he'd have come back to us initially - surely he has enough tucked away from his 8yrs at Celtic, Boro and Millwall

I totally agree with the chasing the ££ situation, however I don't think it is relevant in this case

He turned down a lucrative contract in China to cone back to us initially and still owns a large property in Thorntonhall from his time at Celtic.

I don't know if I agree with that - if it was all about ££ for Skippy, I don't think he'd have come back to us initially - surely he has enough tucked away from his 8yrs at Celtic, Boro and Millwall

I totally agree with the chasing the ££ situation, however I don't think it is relevant in this case

Any news on Pearo? Is India a better option for him , and us if there's a half decent fee? Maybe they could take wee Lionel as a BOGOF deal, freeing up funding for us to bring back SoapySouter or Peter Millar or Steve Jennings . Midfield legs are an essential

Brett long just signed for Dundee utd, thought he was decent anytime I seen him for the under 21s

Was never blown away. When we released him I thought probably best given we have other youths coming through and Long didn't look anywhere near challenging first team. All the best to him though..

Grimsby fan here.

Taity should do a good job for you next season. He'll always be revered here as he was part of the squad that finally got us out of the non-league wilderness and we offered him a new contract for next season. He was the player that I am most disappointed to lose actually as he was superb for us last season and was runner-up in our player of the year after Padraig Amond. who scored 37 goals.

I'm not really sure how big a difference there is between the standard of The National League (Conference) and the SPL so it'll be interesting to see how he gets on next season. I hope he does really well and I'll be following his progress next season with interest,

He's from Scotland and you've given him a 3-year deal so it was a no brainer for him really and he leaves with the best wishes of practically all Grimsby Town fans as you can see from this thread on our forum,

http://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1466515729/

Edited by HARRYHADDOCK
  • Like 11

i didn't realise that Tait was Scots so that's a bonus.

The way I'm viewing the skippy situation is we have the option but we're trying to get him to take a pay cut rather than just activating it.

Massive difference between conference in England and the top league in Scotland. But he might do quite well. We will see.

Aye, I would say quite a big difference. However not as big a gap as there used to be unfortunately

If he does as well as Marvin and Moult, who came from the same league, we will be very happy I suspect.