2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Footballers typically only come up with 3 variants of nicknames.

Add a 'y' (Faddy)

Shorten the existing name (Marv, Las)

Add an 'o' (Pearo)

So looks like he will end up being a Taito.

Footballers typically only come up with 3 variants of nicknames.

Add a 'y' (Faddy)

Shorten the existing name (Marv, Las)

Add an 'o' (Pearo)

So looks like he will end up being a Taito.

Good Well fan near me, when drunk, always adds 'ster'

I expect 'Gawn the Taitster'

TBF, I'd be dissapointed if that never happened.

So by my reckoning, of the contract offers, we have:

Re-signed:
Samson
McManus
Lasley
Moore
Ferguson
McMillan (U20)
MacLean (U20)

Not re-signed:
Hammy
Skippy - rumoured to Hibs
Faddy
Hall - moved to Brighton
Watters (U20)
Leitch (U20) - rumoured to Burnley
Mackin (U20)

Leavng a first team squad of, not including U20s who did not play last year:

Goalkeepers:

Samson

Defenders:

Law

Tait

Watt

Heneghan

Kennedy

Laing

McManus

Ferguson

Chalmers

Midfielders:

Ainsworth

Thomas

Johnson

Cadden

Pearson

Lasley

Forwards:

Moult

Moore

Blyth

That right? Be interesting to see if any of those not re-signed turn up at pre-season training tomorrow and what else happens before July 16th, or if we will be promoting our U20 such as MacLean, Campbell etc to regular squad members of the 1st team and actually playing them when required.

If confirmed it will leave us very short in central midfield in fact we won't have any if you accept that Keith Lasley will have a stop gap/transitional role on the field. We'll need at least 2 players for there if not 3. A lot will depend on youngsters coming through but we can't expect too much of them next season. A bit surprised that Pearo is leaving given that he has another year to go on his contract.

If confirmed it will leave us very short in central midfield in fact we won't have any if you accept that Keith Lasley will have a stop gap/transitional role on the field. We'll need at least 2 players for there if not 3. A lot will depend on youngsters coming through but we can't expect too much of them next season. A bit surprised that Pearo is leaving given that he has another year to go on his contract.

He'll make more money in India most likely, and we're getting a fee for him. Given how the coming years finances have been described we're probably just happy to get something in the bank.

I like Pearo as well and when on form is a great benefit to the team. Would like to keep him.

On the other hand he is a bit more injury prone than I had hoped, suffered a bit of loss of form at key times and is 34 this year.

From his persepctive, not looking at immediate gain in wages, he also might have an eye on his contract renewal next year given what had just been offered to the other senior pros.

• Like 1

I liked Pearo he was pivotal in the playoffs and his injury early last season exposed the weaknesses in our midfield at the time. However with the inclusion of Cadden I feel we had two very similar type of players, and Pearson was asked to play the holding role, which isn't his game.

So a bit of cash and the freeing up of a wage bill could allow us to bring in someone more suited to that role. As long as it's not Gomis.