2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

He's not a Motherwell player today because the club offered him lesser terms than agreed for the option part of his contract. Therefore, we lost him, gone, see ya.

It should be clear to anyone that I believe that to be a ludicrous situation. It should also be clear to anyone that I would love him to sign back on. It should not have come to this. The decision to renege on the agreed deal ( and yes, I know what renege means, weeyin ) was ridiculous.

Where are you getting this from?

Where are you getting this from?

McGhee announced that the club offered less money.

Anyway - I hope I'm wrong about Robbie Leitch and I we get a fee of some sort for him. I wish him all the best at his new club.

I'm away to watch the politics, at least that's a tad entertaining.

There is one thing a lot of the posters on this site are good at and that is jumping in with their own version of the facts.

Now we have F***** up and it it is Burrows fault. Why don't we wait until the club make a statement about this.

One point to consider too is I believe he was U17 last season and probably still classed as an academy player. So who offers academy players contracts?. Academy director Scott Leitch?.

He has completed two years full time with the twenties. Last season (15/16) he was too old for the 17s. He has played most of the 20s games in this last season and was on a particularly good run of form in the second half of the season. His contract offer would be decided at 20s level and would have nothing to do with Scott.

Look, I understand you wish to enter into a word play battle - it's a Thursday afternoon and you're bored out of your skull. That's fine.

Let me explain something to you that may astound you - Scott McDonald is not a Motherwell player today.

He's not a Motherwell player today because the club offered him lesser terms than agreed for the option part of his contract. Therefore, we lost him, gone, see ya.

It should be clear to anyone that I believe that to be a ludicrous situation. It should also be clear to anyone that I would love him to sign back on. It should not have come to this. The decision to renege on the agreed deal ( and yes, I know what renege means, weeyin ) was ridiculous.

The same members who went on a festival of wittering stupidity when I said "play the youngsters," after we reached top six. I said that because I believe that youth development is the only thing that will save us from going into administration again. "Ahh, but we need the extra £100,000 per place," came the self-righteous chant.

Okay - so we need the money. I'm of the opinion that if McDonald was not in the team last season, we would not have made the top six. I'm of the opinion that he drove us up several places in the league, and earned every coin of his contract option. And we repayed him by cutting his wages. So he walked.

I think my first ever post on this board a couple of months ago I described our clubs attitude to contracts as "chickenshit." Many of you went ballistic at said description.

Go to the Burnley FC website and read the words "Robbie Leitch, free transfer."

Now tell me that my description of the club's contract policy is not correct.

We lose our most influential outfield player for the sake of £30-£40 grand. We've just lost £240,000 cos the club couldn't be bothered making contract offers in a timely basis.

This is an omnishambles, ( look it up, weeyin ). And while tonight you'll go to bed holding your Fir Park cuddlebear tight, and praying for McDonald to resign, it shouldn't have come to this.

A serious fail by our club.

It's not a word play battle. All I am saying, is you are stating things as fact before there has been any sort of announcement by the club at all. That's why folk are jumping all over your posts

So, just to recap your statements:

1. We have lost Scott McDonald, therefore he isn't signing again.

2. We have lost Scott McDonald for the sake of £30k/£40k. 'Next to nothing' as you had previously stated.

3. We have lost £240k due to Robbie Leitch going on a free transfer.

You could be right on all counts. Let's see how it pans out.

Sometimes players leave. Sometimes business decisions are made to release players. Sometimes, players are offered contracts and the don't want to sign them (difficult to believe that one, I know).

A lot of people on here love to get furious over half baked stories and fictional contract details.

• Like 1

Where has the £240k come from?

a player who hasn't been anywhere near the 1st team and we could have gotten £240k for him

On McDonald i have not read or heard anything that says we offered him lesser terms. The club said they wanted to take up the option of his second year and we were waiting on him getting back to us. It does look like he is shopping himself about a bit but i wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up once preseasons done

Imo the club are not exactly being forthcoming with any statements or information as to regards player's leaving, coming or contracts and is becoming a bit frustrating to the fan's more so as the season or first games approach we can all have our views on the matter as this is each and every one's right

The more public MFC's dealings are the less likely we are to conclude that business. Frustrating fans is the last thing the club should be worried about.
You're right about having a view or opinion but if that opinion or view is a load of shite then expect it to be shouted down just like real life.

Look, I understand you wish to enter into a word play battle - it's a Thursday afternoon and you're bored out of your skull. That's fine.

giphy.gif

Edited by Guest
Outstanding contribution.

Where has the £240k come from?

a player who hasn't been anywhere near the 1st team and we could have gotten £240k for him

That figure was quoted to me as 10 years development fee - if I understood correctly - and I'm quite happy to stand by it.

Let me explain something to you that may astound you - Scott McDonald is not a Motherwell player today.

The same members who went on a festival of wittering stupidity when I said "play the youngsters," after we reached top six. I said that because I believe that youth development is the only thing that will save us from going into administration again. "Ahh, but we need the extra £100,000 per place," came the self-righteous chant.

Okay - so we need the money. I'm of the opinion that if McDonald was not in the team last season, we would not have made the top six. I'm of the opinion that he drove us up several places in the league, and earned every coin of his contract option. And we repayed him by cutting his wages. So he walked.

I think my first ever post on this board a couple of months ago I described our clubs attitude to contracts as "chickenshit." Many of you went ballistic at said description.

Go to the Burnley FC website and read the words "Robbie Leitch, free transfer."

Now tell me that my description of the club's contract policy is not correct.

We lose our most influential outfield player for the sake of £30-£40 grand. We've just lost £240,000 cos the club couldn't be bothered making contract offers in a timely basis.

This is an omnishambles, ( look it up, weeyin ). And while tonight you'll go to bed holding your Fir Park cuddlebear tight, and praying for McDonald to resign, it shouldn't have come to this.

Colloquialism and conjecture overload.

Right, okay. Let us just stop for a second....

If any player that featured in our first ever youth cup final, bearing in mind the great performances it took to get us there, we're not under contract or at least offers had been made, there us a problem.

I'm not blaming any individual specifically, but surely everyone involved in football knew that scouts from the all over the UK and perhaps further afield would be attending that match with a view to identifying players with potential.

Hopefully we will get some development fee, but the fact that Leitch has been announced as a free transfer is ominous for us.

Looking back over twenty years, I seem to remember ghe Italian FA going ballistic about a loophole that allowed a youth player to join Rangers for free without any compensation. Rino Gattuso.

Let is just hope that somewhere in the crazy laws of development we have an argument for demanding a fee!