2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

....and for the record renege means revoke....

There's a suggestion that Skippy was offered reduced terms but, as far as I am aware, the contract offer was never withdrawn or revoked so, by definition, M.F.C. did not renege on the contract.

Jeez, that's just mendacious - go look up the word "renege," in the dictionary - and dinnae go picking out the only definition that suits you just cos you want to win an internet argument.

renege
rɪˈneɪɡ,rɪˈniːɡ/
verb
verb: renege; 3rd person present: reneges; past tense: reneged; past participle: reneged; gerund or present participle: reneging; verb: renegue; 3rd person present: renegues; past tense: renegued; past participle: renegued; gerund or present participle: reneguing
go back on a promise, undertaking, or contract.
"the government had reneged on its election promises"
synonyms: default on, fail to honour, go back on, break, back out of, pull out of, withdraw from, retreat from, welsh on, backtrack on;

Lets just go with that fact that the club failed to honour the terms of the contract - by dint, reneged.

Man, between you and weeyin, you'd think I didn't have a grasp of the English language. :ph34r:

We probably found out about Hall right away, as it was more newsworthy given his presence in our first team last season. Whereas with Leitch, you're talking about a guy who didn't feature at all in the first team squad and didn't even make the starting 11 for the youth cup final.

Young Scottish players leaving our league to play for English development teams. Some of these players will get to age 20/21 without playing any competitive football. While there may be a short term financial gain, it doesn't bode well for the future of Scottish football at club or international level.

Could that not depend on the player to an extent LD? If Motherwell has made their money on a 16 year old off to Stoke per say, and the player has attitude problems and doesn't develop to premier league and international level then really we've still done our part and brought him on enough in his early teen years to get the move that develops him on to a higher level.

Now that there is a new media officer in place there really should be greater consistency across the various outlets about how signings/re-signings are announced.

You expect that to be organized by the new guy how quickly? Give him a chance to settle in, work out what's good and what's bad and make some changes.

The club makes announcements on a fairly regular basis. What they don't do, quite rightly, is respond to rumours and speculation that crops up every 5 minutes. No club can do that, and it's a pointless task.

When someone has signed, they make an announcement. When someone leaves, they make an announcement. If it's not soon enough for the fans that's normally because there is some legal or business decision to factor in.

Let us hope that Campbell develops into the player that Stuart Carswell and Jack Leitch didn't.

Stuart carswell did look very promising as he played most of a season I'm sure and he did play 99 games altogether for us, but he did seem to go down hill a lot
  • Like 1

Young Scottish players leaving our league to play for English development teams. Some of these players will get to age 20/21 without playing any competitive football. While there may be a short term financial gain, it doesn't bode well for the future of Scottish football at club or international level.

Last night two of our top clubs played in Europe and 15 of the 25 players used were non Scots. It's going to be disastrous for the Scottish game and the Scottish leagues if we continue in the way we are going with 60% of the players being foreigners.

Kilmarnock just brought in almost a whole team of non Scots and teams like Inverness are already mostly non Scots.

We have to develop more younger players instead of filling up squad places with jobbing lower league mediocrity from elsewhere. It's not going to be uncommon next season for most teams to be fielding 3 or 4 Scottish players.

We are part of the problem and although we've got some good players from down South for every Louis Moult there is a Wes Fletcher, a Josh Law, a Theo Robinson, a Tony Straker.

I honestly think our domestic game is skirting very close to disaster right now in terms of development and recruitment.

• Like 4

Last night two of our top clubs played in Europe and 15 of the 25 players used were non Scots. It's going to be disastrous for the Scottish game and the Scottish leagues if we continue in the way we are going with 60% of the players being foreigners.

Kilmarnock just brought in almost a whole team of non Scots and teams like Inverness are already mostly non Scots.

We have to develop more younger players instead of filling up squad places with jobbing lower league mediocrity from elsewhere. It's not going to be uncommon next season for most teams to be fielding 3 or 4 Scottish players.

We are part of the problem and although we've got some good players from down South for every Louis Moult there is a Wes Fletcher, a Josh Law, a Theo Robinson, a Tony Straker.

I honestly think our domestic game is skirting very close to disaster right now in terms of development and recruitment.

You are absolutely correct. I might go even further to suggest we passed disaster half a mile ago on the left hand side

Just spoke to Skippy at Costa coffee in East Kilbride he told me he was signing today,not re- signing was never an option so should be made official today

Certainly beats Freddy Dindeleux in the Club Shop, as posts in this thread go... :lol:

I should add.. great news if it happens. :)

Just spoke to Skippy at Costa coffee in East Kilbride he told me he was signing today,not re- signing was never an option so should be made official today

Certainly beats Freddy Dindeleux in the Club Shop, as posts in this thread go... :lol:

I should add.. great news if it happens. :)

I just saw Freddy at Costa in Erskine......... :)

• Like 1

Let's hope it wasn't a frappucino.

Ir was a medium skinny americano to go..he was honest about the deal said it was never an option not to sign but was trying to help the club out, i can only assume he meant that if a decent offer came in the club would get some cash.

• Like 1