2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

I've said it before but I think Cadden, Johnson, Moult and McDonald are nailed on starters next season. Stick Lasley in there as well and we are only really looking at a midfielder for a first team place. Probably need another midfielder as competition/rotation with Lasley.

That should be it. We need anyone else then give kids a chance.

if we go into the season with Lasley anywhere near the first team were pissing into the wind! The guy is utterly finished and is now painful to watch. Abysmal passing and so slow his opponent either walks past him or gets fouled,plus how many pens has he cost us recently? 4?5?.

a centre mid is priority and if were waiting 2-3 weeks before our targets decide then Rangers will rip us apart and we will struggle against the diddy teams in our league cup group cause starting Las is now like starting a man down

• Like 1

if we go into the season with Lasley anywhere near the first team were pissing into the wind! The guy is utterly finished and is now painful to watch. Abysmal passing and so slow his opponent either walks past him or gets fouled,plus how many pens has he cost us recently? 4?5?.

a centre mid is priority and if were waiting 2-3 weeks before our targets decide then Rangers will rip us apart and we will struggle against the diddy teams in our league cup group cause starting Las is now like starting a man down

I am not Lasley's biggest fan but I do think he has something to offer in the first team for another year. For his negatives, last season, when he wasnt there you could see the difference. He does bring experience and covers a lot of the pitch, albeit slower than he used to!

If we can get 2 first team starters who are better and offer more than Lasley then great. However, I wouldnt be surprised if we cant and we go with Las and 1 other into the start of the season.

I reckon we will be seeing Cadden deployed more centrally for the League Cup in a team something like the below...which could quite easily compete with Rangers and the other teams. McGhee does see Cadden as a wider player but he will know Cadden can do a good job in the middle as he has for the U20s before.

Samson

Tait Heneghan McManus Hammell

Ainsworth Cadden Lasley Johnson

Moult McDonald

Neil Lennon reacting calmly to Skippy not moving to the lower leagues.

Dempster has lost it employing a mentally ill domestic abuser.

Neil Lennon is an appalling human being and quite simply the worst thing to happen to scottish football in my lifetime.

• Like 1

Neil Lennon is an appalling human being and quite simply the worst thing to happen to scottish football in my lifetime.

100% Agree, however I wouldn't run it past Mcdonald either. Lennon running to the media and crying about it is out of order though .

Despite him being able to come away relatively unscathed, I hold that honour for "sir" David Murray.

That cunt cheated his way to a number of titles and fucked over the rest of us in the process, so I'm gonna say he's worse than some tobacco-chewing twat with anger issues.

I have a hunch that we might be trying to tie up a deal for Liam Henderson who was on loan at Hibs from Celtic last season.

I mentioned Henderson earlier in the thread, he would be a very good replacement for Pearson. McGhee's comments yesterday implied that we are looking at players under contract but possibly surplus to requirements. I therefore wouldn't be surprised if we have been in touch with clubs such as Celtic to explore their midfield options.

Stefan Scougall is another one I think will be on the radar of a few Scottish clubs.

Football is all about results so there is no sentiment to it.

We got better results with Lasley in the team than without. That's just a fact. You are entitled to your opinion on the player of course.

The day we get better results without Lasley will be the day he steps to the side. Maybe it will be next season but it hasn't happened yet.

• Like 1

I mentioned Henderson earlier in the thread, he would be a very good replacement for Pearson. McGhee's comments yesterday implied that we are looking at players under contract but possibly surplus to requirements. I therefore wouldn't be surprised if we have been in touch with clubs such as Celtic to explore their midfield options.

Stefan Scougall is another one I think will be on the radar of a few Scottish clubs.

Henderson would be a great signing if it happened. Quite frankly I don't understand why he isn't in and around the Celtic team. Apparently Johansen is possibly on the way out, he if went Henderson might step up a place at Celtic.

A tad harsh but overall I agree. Las will be ok to fill in for injuries or coming on from the bench but not much more in my view. We are going to need an attacking midfielder and a defensive one at the very least. Alan Campbell may get some game time but thats uncertain at the moment. Chris Cadden may be drafted into the middle but again he'll take to settle in there. Josh Law is no midfielder. On the plus side Louis Laing may develop in a midfield role. My concern like yours is that we go into our first competitive games with virtually no central midfield.

Football is all about results so there is no sentiment to it.

We got better results with Lasley in the team than without. That's just a fact. You are entitled to your opinion on the player of course.

The day we get better results without Lasley will be the day he steps to the side. Maybe it will be next season but it hasn't happened yet.

we didnt have any other centre midfielders so when Las was missing our midfield became even weaker! THATS why we lost points.

look the guy is a legend and has been a fantastic servant but the time for sentiment is gone,he has a role as a coach and emergency player but going into the season woth him as the only centre mid in the entire squad is pish

• Like 1

A tad harsh but overall I agree. Las will be ok to fill in for injuries or coming on from the bench but not much more in my view. We are going to need an attacking midfielder and a defensive one at the very least. Alan Campbell may get some game time but thats uncertain at the moment. Chris Cadden may be drafted into the middle but again he'll take to settle in there. Josh Law is no midfielder. On the plus side Louis Laing may develop in a midfield role. My concern like yours is that we go into our first competitive games with virtually no central midfield.

i think we need to forget Campbell and send him to a Champ/Lge 1 team for 6 months,give him 10-15 first team games to settle

I think there's still a place for Law in the squad, albeit not as a starter (and with Tait signed on a 3 year contract, I think Law himself will be aware of that).

He's never been a world beater, but he has been relatively solid for us over the past few seasons at right back. During our very poor spell at the end of McCall's reign, he was one of the few players who didn't hide and continued to run his guts out. We're going to need squad players with a good attitude and work ethic this season as we don't have much depth in the team, and Law fits that bill.

Chalmers on the other hand...

we didnt have any other centre midfielders so when Las was missing our midfield became even weaker! THATS why we lost points.

Even weaker? You seem to have forgotten we were one of the better teams in the league in the last third of the season. We won 7 matches out of 9 going into the split.

Hmmmmm. Louis Laing based on what?

1) He has appeared there before albeit briefly and shown some promise. 2) Mark McGhee has also said he thinks Laing may develop into a decent midfielder. 3) He has some previous experience of playing there.