2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Off down south from what I was told at the end of last season, don't know where tho

Josh Law was included in the new 2016/17 First Team Squad page on the official site and was included in the squad list for next season with the number 18. If he was off down south at the end of last season why is he still here?

Don't see a player like him giving up a year of his contract without being paid off and the fact that he can play in a number of different roles also makes him useful as a squad player.

Maybe there is something in the pipeline but I think people are jumping to conclusions here.

Josh Law was included in the new 2016/17 First Team Squad page on the official site and was included in the squad list for next season with the number 18. If he was off down south at the end of last season why is he still here?

Don't see a player like him giving up a year of his contract without being paid off and the fact that he can play in a number of different roles also makes him useful as a squad player.

Maybe there is something in the pipeline but I think people are jumping to conclusions here.

Heard his wife was finding it hard to settle and wanted to return home

I was wondering if we might look to move Laing on as part of the wheeling and dealing to bring a midfielder in...

I don't know if that would be wise. As it stands, McManus is a certain starter but I think its all to play for regarding his defensive partner. Currently we have Kennedy, Heneghan and Laing vying for the spot. On the basis of last season I'm not 100% convinced of Kennedy. If Laing were to go that would just leave one untried option.

It's fair to say McGhee seems to have a bit of time for Laing. He's talked him up and tried him in a few different positions. Notably he indicated he was in his plans in his post-match at the weekend when he said that that Laing, Kennedy and Heneghan would be competing for a centre half spot. I'd be surprised if we were actively trying to move him on though equally if another team were interested I doubt we'd be difficult to deal with.

McGhee's an intelligent man and has a vocabulary, the fact he described Tait as a replacement for Josh Law rather than an alternative to or competition for is telling. It doesn't necessarily mean Law has left the club as I type but it's fairly clear that he's expected to be leaving.

• Like 1

Jane Lewis on Twitter saying Robbo is due to be announced as Oldham manager in the next 48 hours. We gave him permission to speak to them over the weekend.

Step up to assistant for Crags if Robinson leaves?