2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Vigurs was a lazy shitebag, who hid when we needed players to step up. He hit a nice pass every three games and somehow that excused him from doing anything for hours at a time.

Just before someone thinks we're all misty eyed.

Aye, I'm with that. Especially considering timehop yesterday reminded me of his performance away in Iceland. Never seen such an empty, unprofessional performance in my life. The lad had talent, aye. We didn't always play the system that suited him, aye. That excused him swanning about the pitch doing fuck all, naw.

On another note, signing these guys on two week deals doesn't half give you nightmares about Gunni Jonsonn.

Gunni Jonsson, jeez oh. Now that is lowering the tone. A more disastrous hour or so in a claret and amber jersey has rarely been seen before or since.

It does however bring back another more amusing memory of his glorious debut- the bold Jim Leighton turning and giving the Cooper Stand the big "Come On!!!" as they scored a last minute winner...about 10 seconds before an irate Cooper patron decided to go on the park to ahem "continue the conversation". Bandy legged fucker...

• Like 2

It does however bring back another more amusing memory of his glorious debut- the bold Jim Leighton turning and giving the Cooper Stand the big "Come On!!!" as they scored a last minute winner...about 10 seconds before an irate Cooper patron decided to go on the park to ahem "continue the conversation". Bandy legged fucker...

I've heard that story - does someone on here want to take ownership?!?!?!

Given FIFA rules about player registration and the number of clubs a player can play for in a season then I'm quite surprised that players and their agents would be OK with such short term deals if they are genuinely being viewed as "trialists" and there's no offer of a deal on the table for them.

Fair play to the club for doing what they can to get a look at the players though.

I'd wondered about that and assumed that Lucas was confident enough of getting a deal if he could prove his fitness that it was worth his while to sign a short term contract. For other players who seem to be genuine trialists a short term deal doesn't seem to make any sense as if the trial isn't successful they can only play for one more club that season - they could really be restricting their employment opportunities.

Is there a loophole I'm unaware of?

I'd wondered about that and assumed that Lucas was confident enough of getting a deal if he could prove his fitness that it was worth his while to sign a short term contract. For other players who seem to be genuine trialists a short term deal doesn't seem to make any sense as if the trial isn't successful they can only play for one more club that season - they could really be restricting their employment opportunities.

Is there a loophole I'm unaware of?

Broadly speaking I've no idea if there's a loophole or not. I've always been under the impression that you can be registered for up to 3 clubs in a season but can only play for 2. Unless they're moving to a club that has an overlapping season per Article 5.3, which seems clear:

3. Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play offi cial matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in offi cial matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

However it's probably worth mentioning that Clay's agents/management are the same people who look after Tait and Heneghan so given we've done business with them already this season it's not too much of a stretch to think that there may be an element of goodwill between both club and agency established there.

Edit to add: there was a loophole in England regarding "emergency loans" which raised its head when we tried to bring in Mike Grella from Leeds but that obviously wouldn't apply in this case. http://stv.tv/sport/football/223267-motherwell-may-seek-answers-over-loan-deal-inconsistencies/

I've heard that story - does someone on here want to take ownership?!?!?!

I remember watching it and I'm sure it was part of the TV coverage if anyone can lay their hands on it.

I saw it and remember it well. Sure it was also on telly, anyone know the hero involved?

I remember watching it and I'm sure it was part of the TV coverage if anyone can lay their hands on it.

Not exactly a proud moment for the fan or club, why try to resurrect the footage?

I sat a few seats away from the guy in the Cooper for 2 yrs, and while I can't say what he was like outside the ground, he was an ordinary die-hard fan inside the ground, and never bothered anyone.

Leighton's time wasting and antics had angered everyone in the Cooper for 45mins. He was on the way out and just lost control when Leighton was taking the piss with a bye-kick. I'm sure he wishes he had just continued on out and I'm sure he has much regret.

Not exactly a proud moment for the fan or club, why try to resurrect the footage?

I sat a few seats away from the guy in the Cooper for 2 yrs, and while I can't say what he was like outside the ground, he was an ordinary die-hard fan inside the ground, and never bothered anyone.

Leighton's time wasting and antics had angered everyone in the Cooper for 45mins. He was on the way out and just lost control when Leighton was taking the piss with a bye-kick. I'm sure he wishes he had just continued on out and I'm sure he has much regret.

The man himself speaks - (amazing what a quick google search can throw up)

https://www.facebook.com/dilzybhoy/posts/10202545738177498

Amazing comeback from his career threatening back injury.

Back to our midfield, you've got to think McGhee is looking at alternatives to Lucas and Clay. While it would be harsh to judge them on their outings to date, neither play the same position as Pearson.

If the likes of Liam Henderson is outwith out grasp, we need to find a player with similar attributes.

• Like 1

I read that quite a few of our members are calling for Dom Thomas to be loaned out this season and that might be a good shout. However, if Marvin departs for pastures new, that would only leave us with one winger with first team experience in the shape of Lionel Ainsworth. A bit tight?

Boy does something stupid 20 years ago and it's still worthy of conversation on here.

I'm surprised we need floodlights at Fir Park, the shine off all your halos should light the place up.

• Like 1

Amazing comeback from his career threatening back injury.

Back to our midfield, you've got to think McGhee is looking at alternatives to Lucas and Clay. While it would be harsh to judge them on their outings to date, neither play the same position as Pearson.

If the likes of Liam Henderson is outwith out grasp, we need to find a player with similar attributes.

I'd agree with this. I thought Clay was impressive in the first half, before being quiet in the second. However, the attributes I found impressive about him aren't anything that I don't think we already have. Seemed more of a ball winner, strong in the tackle. We have Lasley, McHugh and young Campbell. I'd like us to spend our limited budget elsewhere based on what I seen last night, but still it was only one game.

I'd agree with this. I thought Clay was impressive in the first half, before being quiet in the second. However, the attributes I found impressive about him aren't anything that I don't think we already have. Seemed more of a ball winner, strong in the tackle. We have Lasley, McHugh and young Campbell. I'd like us to spend our limited budget elsewhere based on what I seen last night, but still it was only one game.

Would not have classed Clay as impressive last night, maybe good or like to see more of. Comfortable on the ball. Would not class him either as ball winner only, he did get around the park making passes, yes maybe simple ones and not in the defence splitting category and he was prepared to offer advice to colleages. Did i not read in another post he was criticised for missing a goal scoring opportunity.

Of the three players you mention McHugh is signed and is defensive mid, Campbell is untried at this level and every bit as much a risk as any other player we are currently looking at. Now i admit to not being Lasleys greatest fan but surely he has to be replaced soon. On last nights showing for me Clay was much better than Lasley in finding players (ours) with passes.

Would not have classed Clay as impressive last night, maybe good or like to see more of. Comfortable on the ball. Would not class him either as ball winner only, he did get around the park making passes, yes maybe simple ones and not in the defence splitting category and he was prepared to offer advice to colleages. Did i not read in another post he was criticised for missing a goal scoring opportunity.

Of the three players you mention McHugh is signed and is defensive mid, Campbell is untried at this level and every bit as much a risk as any other player we are currently looking at. Now i admit to not being Lasleys greatest fan but surely he has to be replaced soon. On last nights showing for me Clay was much better than Lasley in finding players (ours) with passes.

I thought he had a really good spell in the first half before fading in the second. Lasley is already signed for the season though- that's the difference, I'm talking about efficiency in our budget, not who's better than who really. I thought Clay didn't look that dissimilar to what I've seen of McHugh either and given his three and a half year deal, Campbell is one of the highly rated prospects in the youth side. With those three (and potentially Laing according to McGhee last year) able to offer something of that ilk in there, I would rather we went for someone more attacking. That said, Cadden does have a lot of Pearo's attributes shining through and could be suited to that role.

• Like 1

Boy does something stupid 20 years ago and it's still worthy of conversation on here.

I'm surprised we need floodlights at Fir Park, the shine off all your halos should light the place up.

Oops... didn't realise there was a cut off point and we can only go back a certain amount of time to discuss incidents.

I do apologise.

Oops... didn't realise there was a cut off point and we can only go back a certain amount of time to discuss incidents.

I do apologise.

Start a 'daft things that happened years ago' thread and bash away to your hearts content.