2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

I thought the whole development fee stopped once players reached 23.

He spent most of his development with Rangers but, of course, that would be the old Rangers that went into liquidation.

It's called the solidarity mechanism. I didn't know anything about it until I looked into last night. 5% of every transfer fee is to be distributed to the clubs who developed the player up to 23.

Rangers will get a share as well as UEFA decided they are the same club. Cardiff will get a portion as well.

You've just read a post by another member saying he knows a driver that takes £1000 in three days. There's seven days in a week, work it out - three days to cover the outgoings - three days to earn the coin.

I started in the taxi trade in 1988, I don't need some internet clown telling me how much general hire owner operators earn.

It is you, sir, that's talking shite. Usual small minded idiot that can't handle the truth.

You still working in the taxi trade?

If so, what company?

Just asking so I make sure there is zero chance I ever get into a car with you.

• Like 3

haud the taxi! Tracy Chapman isn't a guy? Fuck me she must be the Williams sisters of the music world.

Someone please make up a daft rumour about Tam Scobbie or something.

Seen Freddie Dindeleux in the club shop, getting Scobbie's name on the back of the new top he was buying. :spiteful:

If we get any sort of fee for McCormack then fitba has gone truly mental.

money for a guy, wee picked up for nothing and was with us for two years 8 years ago.

madness

It's designed to redistribute a bit of football's wealth from the elite clubs down to clubs like us who spend a lot of time and effort on youth development but don't always get rewarded for it.

You've just read a post by another member saying he knows a driver that takes £1000 in three days. There's seven days in a week, work it out - three days to cover the outgoings - three days to earn the coin.

I started in the taxi trade in 1988, I don't need some internet clown telling me how much general hire owner operators earn.

It is you, sir, that's talking shite. Usual small minded idiot that can't handle the truth.

Imagine getting this worked up about the relative profitability of the taxi trade. Dearie me.

• Like 1

It's called the solidarity mechanism. I didn't know anything about it until I looked into last night. 5% of every transfer fee is to be distributed to the clubs who developed the player up to 23.

Rangers will get a share as well as UEFA decided they are the same club. Cardiff will get a portion as well.

I'm confused! I find it astonishing that transfer fees years down the line get portions passed on to previous clubs. As welcome as any windfall is it does mean we have to pass on a portion of the multi million transfer fee coming our way for Marvin.

And I'm doubly confused by the Rangers side of things. While Uefa acknowledge they are the same club, the business which would have been due the fee was liquidated. If they do get a fee, surely that would go to those owed money? They can't have it both ways.

• Like 1

I did a quick bit of reading on the solidarity payments, via Wikipedia so god knows if it's true, but by my calculations we should be due £120,000 from McCormacks transfer! Mental!

5% of the total transfer fee is distributed for compensation (£600,000) and McCormack was here between the ages of 20 and 22 and for each year we are due 10% of the total compensation amount so £60,000 per year, totalling £120,000.

A nice wee unexpected windfall if true. Now for Randolph and Murphy to make some big money moves

I'm confused! I find it astonishing that transfer fees years down the line get portions passed on to previous clubs. As welcome as any windfall is it does mean we have to pass on a portion of the multi million transfer fee coming our way for Marvin.

And I'm doubly confused by the Rangers side of things. While Uefa acknowledge they are the same club, the business which would have been due the fee was liquidated. If they do get a fee, surely that would go to those owed money? They can't have it both ways.

I think we signed Marv when he was over 23 so the multi million fee is all ours! All ours! Mwah haha!