2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Pretty sick of Johnsons behaviour as either him or agent forget whose been paying his wages last 18 months and giving him the platform to perform at a higher level .Getting pissed off these days by players signing long term contracts with various clubs to give them security then when deciding there fed up use the missing family trick hes contracted to Mothetwell and until we get a suitable offer he will stay here so should shut up and get on with it instead of winging to the press .In saying that I hope we get decent offer and bid him farewell as don't want players who don't want to be here but on the other hand can't jet him go for washers as that is obviously what this is all about trying to get us to accept low offer .

• Like 1

Pretty sick of Johnsons behaviour as either him or agent forget whose been paying his wages last 18 months and giving him the platform to perform at a higher level .Getting pissed off these days by players signing long term contracts with various clubs to give them security then when deciding there fed up use the missing family trick hes contracted to Mothetwell and until we get a suitable offer he will stay here so should shut up and get on with it instead of winging to the press .In saying that I hope we get decent offer and bid him farewell as don't want players who don't want to be here but on the other hand can't jet him go for washers as that is obviously what this is all about trying to get us to accept low offer .

Wholeheartedly agree.

Ideally now, I'd like us to get shot of Johnson, but only for a decent fee; bring in a replacement and then sign an attacking central midfielder. Maybe also loan out a couple of youngsters to toughen them up and ease our wage bill slightly. Thats my hopes anyway.

Anyone know what is happening with Lucas? Surely if we aren't offering a long term contract he should be away today.

Noticed he wasn't playing for the U20s last night. Kind of assuming that (along with the fact that he hasn't come off the bench in any of the league games) meant we probably weren't going to be keeping him...

Wholeheartedly agree.

Ideally now, I'd like us to get shot of Johnson, but only for a decent fee; bring in a replacement and then sign an attacking central midfielder. Maybe also loan out a couple of youngsters to toughen them up and ease our wage bill slightly. Thats my hopes anyway.

Burrows on Twitter saying that unless anyone leaves, no one will be coming in. So looking like if Johnson leaves, a replacement for him will be lined up. Otherwise we won't see any new faces. Although I do wonder if we don't offer Lucas a deal, does that count as someone leaving therefore we'd see a replacement brought in...

Dont be shocked or surprised, if we use whatever money comes into the Club today for avenues other than that of boosting our squad

We're finishing the main stand?

Also, to be fair to Lucas, he needs to secure his future. If he isn't signed today, he becomes an unemployed, free agent.

So far as Johnston is concerned - I take it his agent has a club fixed up. The buying club are looking to get him on a lower fee with the inducement of a bigger signing on fee for the player.

Burrows on Twitter saying that unless anyone leaves, no one will be coming in. So looking like if Johnson leaves, a replacement for him will be lined up. Otherwise we won't see any new faces. Although I do wonder if we don't offer Lucas a deal, does that count as someone leaving therefore we'd see a replacement brought in...

Not like that Barraclough window, where we'd probably have identified 3 replacements, signed them all and kept Johnson.

• Like 3

McGhee is quoted on the BBC website as saying there have no bids for Johnson since the one we rejected a few weeks ago (reported to be £300k).

Presumably then the Oxford bid is the one to which Johnson's agent was referring. That would make sense as its now reported that discussions between the club and Johnson's agent have been ongoing for 2/3 weeks.

McGhee is quoted on the BBC website as saying there have no bids for Johnson since the one we rejected a few weeks ago (reported to be £300k).

Just listened to this as well. IF true Marv must have one squeaky bum right about now, how much of a fool he will look if we get to midnight and he's still our player. My only worry is from our point of view he looks like a huffy big shite and he might spit the dummy rather than getting his head down. Like most fans I come from the school of if you don't want to play for Motherwell then there's the door thanks for coming. The club have handled this perfectly so far after tonight what and how you deal with a distraction like this as a squad would be interesting to see.

How today should pan out..........

500k+ for Marv, nobody in give the youth a chance and fix the Tannoy thanks. (that's why I'm not in football management tho)

Just listened to this as well. IF true Marv must have one squeaky bum right about now, how much of a fool he will look if we get to midnight and he's still our player. My only worry is from our point of view he looks like a huffy big shite and he might spit the dummy rather than getting his head down. Like most fans I come from the school of if you don't want to play for Motherwell then there's the door thanks for coming. The club have handled this perfectly so far after tonight what and how you deal with a distraction like this as a squad would be interesting to see.

How today should pan out..........

500k+ for Marv, nobody in give the youth a chance and fix the Tannoy thanks. (that's why I'm not in football management tho)

If he wants to throw his toys out the pram and stop putting in the effort then it's him who will suffer. Nobody is going to want to sign a winger who's done fuck all for 6 months in January.

• Like 1

Back to Hateley, from the Daily Record Transfer page

Bolton Wanderers have been playing down reports in Poland that Tom Hateley is set to sign on at the Macron.

The former Motherwell man is available on a free after leaving Polish club Slask Wroclaw and has held talks with Partick Thistle, Dundee and Hibs.

Could Hateley be set to pitch up somewhere in Scotland today?

And more on Johnson

Mark McGhee is making contingency plans if as expected Marvin Johnson makes the move to Charlton, writes our man Gordon Parks.

The Motherwell boss has been assessing possible attacking options with a loan deal likely if he loses one of his main attacking talents.

From the Daily Record Transfer page. So begs the question, do we now have a bid?

As I keep saying, we've been trying to sell Johnson all summer. If we don't have a plan in place for him going, that truly would be incompetence...

While I agree with this, and have no doubt we do have a plan, it may be a challenge to implement if we only have, say, 12hrs to execute.

This also from the Daily Record Transfer page......

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee has told reporters he is not expecting the Lanarkshire club to be doing any business ahead of the window closing tonight.

The Fir Park club, have been embroiled in a bitter war of words after knocking back a £300,000 bid for wantaway winger Marvin Johnson, but McGhee revealed the club haven’t received any further bids for the 25-year-old and he doesn’t expect any ins or outs ahead of the midnight deadline.

Wish I hadn't started this......... Daily Record as usual seem to be making rumours up.....

I hope his agent and Marv are dipping their toe on here, just to see the reaction.

@ Marvin - I don't think you're the brightest big man, evident by your press conferences and taking this shaky advice and running with it. You were happy to get a contract extension and consequently an increase in your wages. Maybe if you didn't blow so hot and cold on the park there would be a host of suitors after your signature and the club wouldn't have an issue punting you for they are looking for.

@ Gino "Ginelli" Culberson - Well aren't you conniving wee individual. If the reported increase of 4x his current salary is correct, then 10% of that must have you rubbing your hands with glee. The transfer fee paid to his current club doesn't directly net you any cash therefore you have no interest in this, it can only be the reason behind your disparaging comments. If the move doesn't happen then you are faced with a player staying under a cloud, maybe his moral and performances will drop and your grubby wee paws won't get as much in January or next summer. You've just confirmed what many fans perceive as a vulturous profession*.

(* term used exceedingly loosely)

• Like 3

While I agree with this, and have no doubt we do have a plan, it may be a challenge to implement if we only have, say, 12hrs to execute.

I'd be hoping we'd have been prepared for the possibility of it happening at the last minute.

Don't know if I'm in the minority here, but I'm at the point where I think if we get a half decent offer, I think it'd be better for all concerned if he moved on. Do we really want another player with a petted lip? Surely McDonald is enough...

I'm enjoying how his agent saying 'we think they're asking for too much' and Motherwell saying 'we've got our valuation, come and pay it' is now morphed into a 'bitter war of words'.

Arsed, like.

Is this the first mention of Charlton looking to put in a bid?

As for us maybe bringing in someone on loan if Johnson leaves, is this allowed after the transfer window? If we have a potential target lined up, I can't see his club waiting indefinitely for us to make our move (or not).

It's the first time I came across Charlton mentioned outside of a list of clubs supposedly interested.

Found this on who is Marvin from the Birmingham Mail

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/who-birmingham-city-target-marvin-11819720

It has Birmingham, Charlton, QPR, Burton & Brighton listed amongst his suitors.

• Like 1