2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

If hibs don't get up this season they must be in trouble. There is no way they have budgeted for three seasons down there and they will be ripe for any decent players getting plundered.

• Like 1

If he dosnt want to play for Motherwell then good riddens to him I have no problems with players like Randolph , Hutchy , Law etc leaving for lucrative contracts but when teenagers think there superstars and can better themselves elsewhere at that age then good luck to them as last time I remember an instance like this was Paul Slane and look at him now

• Like 4

I can't see Hibs being in much trouble financially due to cup runs. However I'd be surprised if the likes of Hall would be interested in leaving Motherwell for a Hibs team that could still be in the championship.

Don't know if there is any truth or not in Hall being wanted by Hibs. But I am sure Hibs will have identified players they would like IF they get back to the top division. So it would make sense for those players to hold back on signing new contracts with their present clubs to see what, if anything, is on offer from Hibs. Unfortunately money talks and a top flight Hibs may well be able to offer a better deal than a money conscious Motherwell.

That said, I would hope the Craigen/ Robinson Irish connection might play a part in any decision Hall makes and also the fact that Motherwell have shown faith in him by giving him his chance might be a factor. However, if his Agent can secure him a better deal and Hall elects to move on, so be it.

• Like 1

Would be disappointing, but not at all surprising.

Let's wait and see before rushing to judge.

Paul Slane should be used each and every time...

That said Ben Hall seems a bit more sensible, so he will no doubt go on to have a decent career either way. Hope he sees a couple more years at Fir Park as good career development.

Judging by his Twitter,Young Mr Hall appears to somewhat favour Castle Greyskull. Which at least muddies the water in terms of the other half.

Either way you'd like to think another season as a first team starter would be more sensible than a bit part elsewhere

However , if he's got delusions of fame and fortune elsewhere, then don't waste any more starts on him . Next please...

Loyalty vs Money ...... in football ....... only one winner there apart from maybe 1% of players.

Quite right to.

Is it only in football where people move jobs for more wages?

Is everyone posting on here still in the same job they had when they left school?

Quite right to.

Is it only in football where people move jobs for more wages?

Is everyone posting on here still in the same job they had when they left school?

On the contrary, I chose to stay in my job despite being on the same wages as colleagues of a lower rank (Living wage). It isn't always about money. I know folk who left high paying jobs to do charity and the like.

But in a field where people are already over-paid, to move for money reason can be seen as shallow. And rightly so.

I can see how it may be played out by his agent...

-McGhee won't guarantee him a starting spot ahead of Kennedy or Laing. Says he has to prove himself.

-Agent says I can get you a move to a club where you might also sit on the bench but will get paid more money.

...Hall has only been with us 2 or 3 years. So although he has came from youth it is not like he has been here since he was 10 or something.

I would like him to stay as he seems a decent player. Hopefully we can do the deal.

A lot of players at that age fail to see the benefit of regular competitive games, especially when they have an agent whispering in their ear about more money.

It is a short career and while you obviously want to make a living you'll never hear a retired player saying "I wish had played less games".

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Hearts or Aberdeen put a bid in for McDonald. Hope not and he re-signs right enough.

I wouldn't have thought he fits the Aberdeen/Hearts stereotype striker. Both clubs like their strikers to be big and physical.

Judging by his Twitter,Young Mr Hall appears to somewhat favour Castle Greyskull. Which at least muddies the water in terms of the other half.

Either way you'd like to think another season as a first team starter would be more sensible than a bit part elsewhere

However , if he's got delusions of fame and fortune elsewhere, then don't waste any more starts on him . Next please...

Castle greyskull is where he-man lives and hangs out with the goodies in that series.

Mask slipping, IMO.

A lot of players at that age fail to see the benefit of regular competitive games, especially when they have an agent whispering in their ear about more money.

It is a short career and while you obviously want to make a living you'll never hear a retired player saying "I wish had played less games".

Yeah I agree with this 100%.

Which is why I think if this is all true and he isnt signing a deal his agent could be spinning thr story that he won't get regular games here anyway so go somewhere else for more money and the same amount of games...let's be honest he might not get the games with Kennedy and Laing both under contract as well. I do think he deserves he starting spot but McGhee playing Kennedy in there since he has came back might put the doubt in his mind.

I'm not convinced by the boy to be fair, he doesn't seem particularly good in the air. I also think he would be off his head to leave Motherwell at this point in his career.

As for Skippy, I don't think there is anyway he'll leave Motherwell for another Scottish club, it's a nailed on certainty that he'll be with us next season