2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

If marvin goes which is a possibility i see ross county are maybe getting gary mackay steven on loan i think that would be great for us. I know hes from up there but hes obviously been living in or around glasgow for a while so less disruption for him. Anyone think the same?

GMS move to County was being reported as close to a done deal yesterday. Will be good to see him playing regularly in the premier league again.

You'll probably get 5/6 Celtic players loaned/released to other Scottish clubs this month.

As for the Ainsworth chat, you'll struggle to find a Motherwell player in recent years with a better catalogue of quality goals.

Thomas i feel has it no doubt.he just needs a light bulb moment in big league to give him confidence. He is a game changer but does not have confidence yet. It took faddy till his 2nd season if i remember correctly and he was 21? When he left for everton so fingers crossed for dom.

Comparing Thomas to McFadden is an insult to the great man. Ok McFadden was also raw when he broke through but he had probably done more for the team than Thomas will ever do in his entire career. Don't get me wrong, I would love Thomas to make it but he continually chooses to make wrong decisions.

Potential return to Fir Park for a Motherwell player in the next week or so........though not in the time honoured tradition of re-signing for a second/third/fourth spell. Well not yet anyways. Airdrie mate told me last night that Jack Leitch is currently on trial with them.

Potential return to Fir Park for a Motherwell player in the next week or so........though not in the time honoured tradition of re-signing for a second/third/fourth spell. Well not yet anyways. Airdrie mate told me last night that Jack Leitch is currently on trial with them.

He played in their 3-1 win yesterday.

• Like 1

Currently on holidays so apologies if I've missed something. Why would Leitch be returning is there a game coming up?

Comparing Thomas to McFadden is an insult to the great man. Ok McFadden was also raw when he broke through but he had probably done more for the team than Thomas will ever do in his entire career. Don't get me wrong, I would love Thomas to make it but he continually chooses to make wrong decisions.

Outline McFadden's contribution to the team in his first 4 starting appearances? McFadden is probably my favourite ever Motherwell player but he didn't descend to Earth with a golden halo. Marvin Johnson has been given a season and a half of starts to become half way consistent so why then is Dom Thomas getting 4 starts and then a kicking?

Dom Thomas has talent and we need to develop it. There will be ups and downs but it really ticks me off when supposed supporters are writing off the career of a player with 4 senior starts, especially when he's been regularly the best player in the U20s for a couple of seasons.

What chance do we have of every bringing through any young players with this sort of attitude?

• Like 2

Outline McFadden's contribution to the team in his first 4 starting appearances? McFadden is probably my favourite ever Motherwell player but he didn't descend to Earth with a golden halo. Marvin Johnson has been given a season and a half of starts to become half way consistent so why then is Dom Thomas getting 4 starts and then a kicking?

Dom Thomas has talent and we need to develop it. There will be ups and downs but it really ticks me off when supposed supporters are writing off the career of a player with 4 senior starts, especially when he's been regularly the best player in the U20s for a couple of seasons.

What chance do we have of every bringing through any young players with this sort of attitude?

I said something along the same lines that if we can get good Money for Johnston...give Thomas a run in the team and some coaching and i think he will turn out to be pretty good for us.

Haven't really seen much of the new guys other than glimpses highlights but sounds like we have done pretty well with at least 3 of the new signings, in McHugh, Heneghan and Tait. I think the general opinion on here is that they are doing well...Praise indeed!!! Improving about 25% of your team will hopefully translate into better results and performances on the park. Add into that Samson is a pretty decent goalie ( I think ) We have a goal scorer in Moult, the expeience of McDonald, Cadden just keeps getting better, Hammy back playing regular, Johnson looking like he's interetsted and fired up, Ainsworth looking up for it as well. I think havein better player players around wil lalso help Lasley play better. Here's the jinx part............Really looking forward to this season and some good entertaining football.

• Like 1

totally agree ya bezzer. of course you cant compare thomas with faddy in terms of career but the boy has it as faddy did and they are similar.faddy was stronger on the ball and that may hinder dom but do not doubt he has got it.

even though we have a small squad it would be best if we loaned thomas out for the season,he definatley has ability but playing the odd few minutes here and there isn't going too anything for his development also he should be looking too bulk himself up a bit like cadden has done.

I don't think Dom needs to bulk up. A big part of his skill comes from his small stature. He needs confidence.

In Faddy's time he was thrown in a the deep end to sink or swim, thankfully for us he was fantastic. If Dom was given the same responsibility I think he could flourish. When you watch him in the U20s he stands out, he just needs t go into a first team game with the same attitude.

I don't think Dom needs to bulk up. A big part of his skill comes from his small stature. He needs confidence.

In Faddy's time he was thrown in a the deep end to sink or swim, thankfully for us he was fantastic. If Dom was given the same responsibility I think he could flourish. When you watch him in the U20s he stands out, he just needs t go into a first team game with the same attitude.

That is not how it was. McFadden forced his way into the team with great sub cameos where he shined. He scored 10 goals in 2001/02, pre admin, and that was after being on the bench or not in the squad for most of the first half of the season.

There were a few options up front and Faddy swept them all aside.