2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Anyway, I'm still on holiday and will be until December.

Listening to the commentary yesterday I can't remember Clay's name being mentioned once. That must be some kind of a record.

Decision time is looming for him and Lucas. Should they stay or should they go now?

I think McHugh going off injured and Lasley being suspended shows exactly why we need Clay and or another.

If we only have 1 wage left to spend...which seems the case...I would rather we spent the money on an attacking central midfielder rather than a 3rd sitting midfielder. For me we need more option and movement in the centre. As soon as a team shuts down out wingers we currently don't really have any other idea.

• Like 1

Anyway, I'm still on holiday and will be until December.

Listening to the commentary yesterday I can't remember Clay's name being mentioned once. That must be some kind of a record.

Decision time is looming for him and Lucas. Should they stay or should they go now?

Are you holiday until December? Haven't mentioned it.

If we only have 1 wage left to spend...which seems the case...I would rather we spent the money on an attacking central midfielder rather than a 3rd sitting midfielder. For me we need more option and movement in the centre. As soon as a team shuts down out wingers we currently don't really have any other idea.

Absolutely. I reckon we need one new holding midfielder and one new attacking midfielder. If Johnson moves on that cuts our attacking options still further.

I think a degree of what happens with Clay, Lucas or anyone else we may bring in will be dictated by what happens on the fringes of the squad. With Blyth just coming back from injury, Moult out and no Laing or Kennedy of the 7 subs 5 played in the u20 cup final. To say it was a youthful bench would be putting it mildly.

Picking up on Busta's point about missing a trick loaning Dom Thomas and also Craigan's hint that a couple would be going out on loan if say Campbell and Turnbull go out on loan that's probably putting us in a position where we'd need some sort of additional midfield cover given both those players have been appearing on the bench through pre-season. Another point is whether or not Joe Chalmers is now viewed as a midfield option or simply just a general utility man, who'll sit on the bench and fill in when needed.

Against Rangers and in his appearance on Saturday, I thought Chalmers was neither brilliant nor terrible. However, I do think both appearances are by virtue of being the "first team" player, rather than than being a fit for the position. I think in both appearances he has done the basics right, but I've seen nothing to convince me he is even a short term fit at either left or central midfield.

There's very little that I take issue with regarding McGhee, but this is one thing. Why not give young Campbell a go in his natural position? Considering he played Marvin Johnson at left back instead of playing Chalmers last season, I think it's clear he's not rated.

• Like 2

Kennedy mentioned on twitter that he had a virus that had stopped him training for a couple of weeks, hence his absence. Not sure about Laing. Wouldn't be too surprised to see either depart.

Interesting that Ferguson is now back ahead of Watt in the pecking order. His early promise seems to be dwindling.

In fairness I thought Watt had a good game against Edinburgh City and I've generally been quietly impressed when I've seen him at centre half. However he's another who I'd say would probably benefit from going out on loan for a season, he seems more than capable at u20 level but a fair distance off even the first team bench.

Me as usual.

On that topic, I couldn't get a taxi last night for love or money. That'll teach me.

3 of my mates do the taxis, one is my next door neighbour, none have quoted £1200 a week when asked, the closest I got was £1000 which as they put it, is them hammering it at the weekend. I'd hazard a guess that like most jobs of that nature there are busy spells and lean spells, hammering it Monday - Wednesday is probably not cost effective for the hours put in. Not saying there isn't the potential to make that kind of money, but it isn't yer basic wage.

I thought Watt was disappointing against Edinburgh City. I thought his distribution was really poor, which I thought was one of his stronger

attributes. Of the 2, I thought Maguire showed up better.

I tend to agree, thought he started really well but made mistakes with poor passing a couple of times, I also noticed Craigain giving him a telling off only for him to give a mouthfull back which may support the poor attitude claims of previous years, he didn't hold back which left Craigain shaking his head before a discussion with Lasley

I tend to agree, thought he started really well but made mistakes with poor passing a couple of times, I also noticed Craigain giving him a telling off only for him to give a mouthfull back which may support the poor attitude claims of previous years, he didn't hold back which left Craigain shaking his head before a discussion with Lasley

This was my reading of the game.

3 of my mates do the taxis, one is my next door neighbour, none have quoted £1200 a week when asked, the closest I got was £1000 which as they put it, is them hammering it at the weekend. I'd hazard a guess that like most jobs of that nature there are busy spells and lean spells, hammering it Monday - Wednesday is probably not cost effective for the hours put in. Not saying there isn't the potential to make that kind of money, but it isn't yer basic wage.

Last word on this topic.

I never said it was the basic wage. This all started with me pointing out that taxi drivers earn more than one particular MFC first team player.

Now, in the rush to shoot the messenger, you've just posted that £1,000 in a week is possible. I know that's possible as I was earning that in busy weeks twenty years ago. I know guys that own general hire taxis today that make £1200 a week. Some more.

The money I made in taxis set me up in business - I make more than that these days which is why I holiday six months of the year. Good for me.

The reason why there's been such a vitriolic reaction to this "taxigate," is that it's hit a nerve with some people. They can't handle the fsct that "mere," taxi drivers are on double or treble the money they are on. Some will be astonished by your post that a grand a week is on the cards.

It doesn't suit them to believe it - they prefer self delusion.

Anyway, thanks for proving me correct that taxi drivers make more than the £450 a week basic that one first team player is on at Fir Park