2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

I can't take issue with that. Stevie has never been the best defender and last season his mistakes were becoming more frequent and costly. As I've always said, good on the ball poor off it.

Amazing how despite hearing similar chat for about 5 years now Hammell and Lasley have still managed to pull their weight. No one lasts forever and Hammell like Lasley are generally underated players whose flaws are massively overstated more often than not.

• Like 2

There should be a complete ban on any Lasley or Hammell chat on this thread unless it's either a confirmation of signing or leaving.

• Like 3

I think today was a sign that the Falkirk players everyone rates aren't as good as they seem in the Championship.

The likes of Alston, Sibbald, Leahy and Vaulks would be well served to move to a mid table SPL side but probably think they are due a better move. Today they looked a long way away from being what Hearts, Aberdeen or any decent English club are looking for.

I think today was a sign that the Falkirk players everyone rates aren't as good as they seem in the Championship.

The likes of Alston, Sibbald, Leahy and Vaulks would be well served to move to a mid table SPL side but probably think they are due a better move. Today they looked a long way away from being what Hearts, Aberdeen or any decent English club are looking for.

From what I've seen in recent weeks, Sibbald has fallen away somewhat while Alston offers little. Although, the end of a season isn't always the best time to judge a player.

Vaulks and Leahy would be good signings for provincial premiership sides but agree they'll be looking for bigger moves.

From what I've seen in recent weeks, Sibbald has fallen away somewhat while Alston offers little. Although, the end of a season isn't always the best time to judge a player.

Vaulks and Leahy would be good signings for provincial premiership sides but agree they'll be looking for bigger moves.

Leahy got tore a new arsehole by josh maginnis

You can't judge a player on one game!!

These young Falkirk lads have been excellent this season and I'm sure would do fine in the spl

They've been pumped 7 0 by Ross county 4 0 by Kilmarnock 3 1 by Dundee and the one game they won against Kilmarnock it was daylight robbery. The championship is dross. Bob mchugh mark kerr etc are the case in point

• Like 3

To finish second in that league wasn't easy which proves the players Falkirk have are more than capable. I think leahy and vaulks would make good additions to the squad given the age of lasley hammell and pearson without haulting any of the under 20's where as the likes of sibbald probably would.

To finish second in that league wasn't easy which proves the players Falkirk have are more than capable. I think leahy and vaulks would make good additions to the squad given the age of lasley hammell and pearson without haulting any of the under 20's where as the likes of sibbald probably would.

Did you watch the game yesterday Leahy had the pish ripped out of him by McGenniss all game, i will keep Hammell for now thanks. Falkirk were rank rotten yesterday and from what i saw there was nobody in the team that would bring any benefit to Motherwell assuming they were available etc. It says a lot about the standard in the championship when McHugh is getting regular starts and scoring, we need to be looking further to try identify some hidden gems like Moult or Johnson.

They've been pumped 7 0 by Ross county 4 0 by Kilmarnock 3 1 by Dundee and the one game they won against Kilmarnock it was daylight robbery. The championship is dross. Bob mchugh mark kerr etc are the case in point

Do I have to remind you we lost to mid table Morton? We took it to extra time but if you remember back Morton should have been about 4-0 up at half time. We got our arses well and truly skelped.

In fact the only Premiership club this season that wasn't knocked out a cup competition by a Championship club was Ross County.

They were rank rotten yesterday but they still showed up rangers and hibs more than once this season.....leahy got made to look daft purely because of the size of magennis, there aren't many players like that in the league. put it this way, we could do a lot worse than him. As someone had said previously, you can't judge the players on that one performance. As for mchugh, he wasn't actually a regular with Falkirk and has only been in the frame the last few weeks because of his goals

They were rank rotten yesterday but they still showed up rangers and hibs more than once this season.....leahy got made to look daft purely because of the size of magennis, there aren't many players like that in the league. put it this way, we could do a lot worse than him. As someone had said previously, you can't judge the players on that one performance. As for mchugh, he wasn't actually a regular with Falkirk and has only been in the frame the last few weeks because of his goals

I'll probably attract naysayers but I think Josh Magennis is a good player and potentially a really good player. The only thing that has let him down is his finishing but his goal tally has been creeping up the last few seasons and he's now into the double figures. Needs to keep working on that to get better but he's got great pace and is a physical specimen and either one of those are enough to cause defenders problems.

I'll probably attract naysayers but I think Josh Magennis is a good player and potentially a really good player. The only thing that has let him down is his finishing but his goal tally has been creeping up the last few seasons and he's now into the double figures. Needs to keep working on that to get better but he's got great pace and is a physical specimen and either one of those are enough to cause defenders problems.

Really? This is the same Josh Magennis you were comparing Lee Erwin to in a disparaging manner around a year or so ago? Something of a blonde Josh Magennis was it you called him? Runs about a lot and can't score for toffee.

Interesting change of opinion.

• Like 1

Really? This is the same Josh Magennis you were comparing Lee Erwin to in a disparaging manner around a year or so ago? Something of a blonde Josh Magennis was it you called him? Runs about a lot and can't score for toffee.

Interesting change of opinion.

That one really stuck with people didn't it?

Maybe you thought it was more disparaging than it was meant to be. I certainly never slated Lee Erwin, I just felt that we couldn't afford to play a front player that didn't score goals in our then predicament.

Josh Magennis got 12 goals this season. If Lee Erwin had got 12 goals that season I would have had less to say about it.

So, yeah, I'll take it back, if that's what you want. Josh Magennis has more pace, more strength and is better in the air than Erwin. Scores more goals now too.

• Like 1

Craig Slater leaves Kilmarnock.

They'll be due about £300k compensation for him, it'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

I was surprised to learn yesterday that he only actually joined Killie in 2012 after being released by St.Mirren. So you've got to think Kilmarnock will be lucky to get half that.

I mean did we not only get about 300k for Lee Erwin in the end? And I'm pretty sure he'd been with us since Primary School.

Tbf, Magennis was howling until this year.

The best description I read was that "he has all the attributes to be a great player. Strength, power, pace, a great attitude and a lovely guy. He doesn't know how to play football, though."

Which until about 8 months ago, I'd tully subscribe to. :lol: