2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Maybe once the players in question return from their family holidays they'll concentrate on their future contracts.

They might just be like ordinary punters who like a break without thinking about work.

Thats ok if ordinary punters are getting paid and have a job to go back to. Not many without a job and pay coming in could afford to go away.

Is this a new thing? The majority of players a premiership club would be looking at will be pretty sure that they'll be getting paid in a couple of weeks when they sign for whoever. Negotiations also take time, so I'm sure these all go on while the guys are on holiday, then it's a case of signing the contract with whoever on their return.

Making a decision that affects the next couple of years, or maybe a whole career, based on not wanting to go without pay for a couple of weeks would be silly.

It still very early and its not even been 4 weeks since we played the last gae! Not many teams have signed anyone yet really.

Thats true and there's no reason to panic. However other sides are making progress in re-signing their out of contract players. We should also bear in mind that the competitive domestic season kicks off about a fortnight earlier this year.

It's a great position to be in - to have a contract offer of XXXX a week lying open with no immediate pressure to sign.

Gives you a chance to look around and see if you can better it till the ultimatum is delivered.

In this case, I don't think either Lasley or Hammell are deluding themselves that they will get paid multiples more than the Motherwell offer by any other British club as players. If I were them I'd be wondering if there were any player/manager type roles on the go at similar money. If they want a long term future in football they'd be stupid not to look at it just now.

And that's what agents are for, rooting about to see if any deals can be done on the quiet.

I'm starting to reconsider my stance that I want both of them to go. I'm concerned that the local NHS won't be able to handle the meltdown of many members of this forum> We'll be doomed, you see, when an injury prone guy and another guy who arrives ten minutes late for tackles move on. Doomed, I say, doomed

.https://youtu.be/9EH1G4EwljM

• Like 1

I see st Johnstone going about their business as usual in the correct manner have released the players they wanted to resigned the ones they wanted and signed 2 players in Paton and Alston and guess what they will be back at training in 2 weeks with a settled team yet we will be back with a 7 a side team by the sounds of it as fletcher Gomis Leitch ,Ripley and Clarkson gone and ,Hammell,lasley,McDonald ,Faddy and hall still deciding so 10 down on last seasons squad which is a lot

• Like 1

I see st Johnstone going about their business as usual in the correct manner have released the players they wanted to resigned the ones they wanted and signed 2 players in Paton and Alston and guess what they will be back at training in 2 weeks with a settled team yet we will be back with a 7 a side team by the sounds of it as fletcher Gomis Leitch ,Ripley and Clarkson gone and ,Hammell,lasley,McDonald ,Faddy and hall still deciding so 10 down on last seasons squad which is a lot

That's what happens when you have a part-time manager pfaffing about at meaningless friendlies.

He should be at Fir Park working the under-twenties to death to see if he can get any of them up to scratch for the first team squad.

• Like 1

Can you no like...go outside? Get a cornetto, sit in the sunshine or something?

Getting yourself into a froth cause St Johnstone have signed a shite right angle jawed freak from a relegated team.

I don't really care about St Johnstone just commented they seem to be going about their business in the proper manner when we are currently 10 players down now this could all change before we start back training but at the monent it's worrying but trust me I'm not flustered at all just making a valid point