2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

I don't really care about St Johnstone just commented they seem to be going about their business in the proper manner when we are currently 10 players down now this could all change before we start back training but at the monent it's worrying but trust me I'm not flustered at all just making a valid point

It really isn't.

He should be at Fir Park working the under-twenties to death to see if he can get any of them up to scratch for the first team squad.

I can't see many of the U20's being up to scratch if they're dead, tbh.

• Like 2

Maybe supported by the club in doing so...

• Like 1

We're bracing ourselves for offers? The club have been peddling him since January, the club is hardly sitting about in fear, what rubbish reporting.

That's what happens when you have a part-time manager pfaffing about at meaningless friendlies.

He should be at Fir Park working the under-twenties to death to see if he can get any of them up to scratch for the first team squad.

Aye, that's a fantastic idea. Use the close season when they are resting, to burn them out ahead of the season. Flawless indeed.

I don't see much truth in the Johnson story. I doubt Rangers and Hearts would have the funds to bid what I would deem acceptable and Celtic already have an surplus of attacking midfielders acquired from clubs in the division.

Let's hope we get a good offer from an english club. Wouldn't want to sell him to our competitors.

If he went to Celtic he would just be one of many but Hearts and Rangers should be seen as competitors of ours and he would improve them so I wouldn't want him to go to either.

[quote name="CMWellfan" post="472080" timestamp="1465310805

The 20s are on holiday. They are entitled to a close season too.

If I were an under-20 and offered the chance to work under the direct supervision of the club manager with a view to breaking into the first team - guess what?

Two weeks in Torremolinos and straight back to training for me - you better believe it. And the club management ain't thick, they are perfectly capable of standing down development players for a couple of weeks later in the year to give them a rest.

There seems to be a belief with the support ( one I agree with ) that McGhee knows how to get a player up to speed pre-season. I'd have preferred he was at Fir Park the last few weeks working with our youngsters and trialists.

Another 1 if our past players available as Hutchy has just been freed by Fulham maybe Ben Hall should think about that as I understood why Hutchy wanted to leave but just shows grass is not always greener elsewhere and Hutchy was a lot more experienced than Hall is now and still never made it.

^^ Yup - and note the stupid talk on here about the under 20's burning out.

The biggest risk these under 20's have is not making it in the game at all. 90% of them are going to have the remainder of their lives to rest, and I bet just about every single one of them would love to turn the clock back to work under the exclusive supervision of their first team manager, and try to both learn from him and impress him.

The few that wouldn't want to turn the clock back will end up on forums like this in years to come saying things like "entitled to a holiday, " and "burned out."

FFS - wake up.

If I were an under-20 and offered the chance to work under the direct supervision of the club manager with a view to breaking into the first team - guess what?

Two weeks in Torremolinos and straight back to training for me - you better believe it. And the club management ain't thick, they are perfectly capable of standing down development players for a couple of weeks later in the year to give them a rest.

There seems to be a belief with the support ( one I agree with ) that McGhee knows how to get a player up to speed pre-season. I'd have preferred he was at Fir Park the last few weeks working with our youngsters and trialists.

The 20s are in more days a week than the first team (sometimes seven days a week) and are in longer hours on those days, too. They can't be stood down as they have games to play and jobs around the club to do. They get the same close season as the first team and, in fact, often return a few days earlier than the first team squad. Even when they get a week off training at Christmas and New Year, they are still in on first team match days doing their jobs.

I think there is also a misconception that they train totally separately form the first team. Almost all days the two squads train on adjacent pitches and several of the 20s train with the first team every week, so that over the season all of the young boys train with the first team players many times. Three times, also, the manager had the 20s in with the Scotland squad before the friendlies, providing the opposition in training games.

There's also the fact that some of the boys are still growing, but because if the physical demands of the season they only have a grow when they stop training for a period, like now.

I understand what you are saying about the benefit of them getting the manager to themselves for a week, but I don't think they are are as far removed from the manager as you think and this time off for them is still important.

• Like 1

Another 1 if our past players available as Hutchy has just been freed by Fulham maybe Ben Hall should think about that as I understood why Hutchy wanted to leave but just shows grass is not always greener elsewhere and Hutchy was a lot more experienced than Hall is now and still never made it.

Where you seeing this news? He signed a 2 year contract with an option of a 3rd year in 2014 and was a regular last season for Fulham and one of their few positives in an other wise dismal decision. Be very surprised if Fulham are letting him go, rather than him deciding to move on to bigger and better things.

Where you seeing this news? He signed a 2 year contract with an option of a 3rd year in 2014 and was a regular last season for Fulham and one of their few positives in an other wise dismal decision. Be very surprised if Fulham are letting him go, rather than him deciding to move on to bigger and better things.

He only played 11 times last season, hardly what I'd term as a regular.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/june/07/player-departures